Re: FULLSTIMER ??

The grand summary is shown only when SAS terminates.  I think other
people would like the capability to obtain a running total and snapshot
differences, but that's not currently possible.

--
JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com
Manager, Technical Development

>>> "Wall, Steven" <steve.wall@PIONEER.COM> 06/23/2003 11:53 AM >>>
SAS-L:

I must not understand the FULLSTIMER option or maybe it's just Monday.
When I put this statement at the top of my program:

        options fullstimer ;

and run it in the Display Manager, the LOG file shows run times and
stats for each
individual DATA and PROC step, but does not show a total summary at the
bottom.
Should it or is it not doing it because my 'session' is still active?
If that's the case, how do you get a summary without closing the
Display Manager?

Thanks.

sjw

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this
e-mail,
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender
by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.  Unless
explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract
amendment,
or an acceptance of a contract offer.  This e-mail does not constitute
a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct
marketing
purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

 Francais Deutsch Italiano  Espanol  Portugues  Japanese  Chinese
Korean

JackHamilton (922)

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS
Adel, Think Joke! But, more seriously, it did prompt me to look up the origins of the copula as a functional. Joe On 9/27/06, adel F. <adel_tangi@yahoo.fr> wrote: > > Hi, > I do not know how this is related to my orginal question. > > My understanding of copula is, it is a joint distribution with uniform > margins, the problem how to obtain a copula which fits better a data? > > If there is any suggestion from members of SAS list, about examples for > copulae with SAS, I will appreciate that > > Thanks a lot > > Adel > Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM> a �crit : > David, > > "The complete attempt to deal with the term is would go to the form > and matter of every thing in existence, at least, if not to the > possible form and matter of all that does not exist, but might. As > far as it could be done, it would give the grand Cyclopaedia, and its > yearly supplement would be the history of the human race for the > time." > > On 9/26/06, David L Cassell proclaimed: > > "... A copula is nothing more than a functional allowing you to link > the multivariate distribution to marginal distributions in an > invariate manner...". > > This caused Augustus De Morgan to leap from his grave and refute David > thusly: > > "The complete attempt to deal with the term "is" would go to the form > and matter of every thing in existence, a...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; goptions device = EMF ftext = 'Tahoma' ; ods rtf file = "c:\temp\deleteme.rtf" ; proc boxplot data = phoney ; plot x * grp ; run ; ods rtf close ; * =================================== ; Looks like I've got to add that FONTREG call anew every time (running in batch anyway). But that's tolerable... Thanks all! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:12 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: sas/graph: using truetype fonts w/ODS RTF output on windows Thanks for the response Mary! Huh, strange. So you run that code unaltered & get Tahoma in the graphic in the .rtf file? I just now tried adding this before the 'data phoney ;' line: proc fontreg mode = replace ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; And I get ...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 1556650
Adel, You may find the following artilce interesting. COPULAS: TALES AND FACTSy THOMAS MIKOSCH \But he does not wear any clothes" said the little child in Hans Christian Andersen's \The Emperor's New Clothes". 1. Some preliminary facts When I started writing the paper [19] in 2003 a Google search of the word \copula" gave 10,000 responses. In September 2005 the same search gives 650,000 responses. There is an explosion of activity. What is going on? Many of the web-sites1 found in the Google search are related to mathematical nance, statistics, extreme value theory, and risk management. Everybody who opens any journal on stochastic processes, probability theory, statistics, econometrics, risk management, nance, insurance, etc., observes that there is a fast growing industry on copulas. The commercial statistics software Splus provides the module FinMetrics that includes copula tting which is written by R. Carmona, see also Carmona [4]. One can also get copula modules in other major software packages (R, Mathematica, MatLab, etc.). The International Actuarial Association [14] in its hefty paper on Solvency II2 recommends using copulas for modeling dependence in insurance portfolios. Moody's uses Gaussian copulas for modeling credit risk and provides software for it which is used in many nancial institutions. Since Basle II3 copulas are now standard tools in credit risk management. The main purpose of this paper is to ask some na ve questions a...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 674067
joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM replied: > >Adel, > >You may find the following artilce interesting. [article by Thomas Mikosch not copied] This is a really good article, and a really useful point to make. But 55K is a lot of article to copy. Would it have been easier to point to a URL? The people who read SAS-L as a digest and the people who have slow connections are probably not overly thrilled. I'll refrain from pointing out that you sound like me today. ("Are you sure you want to do this? Here's some material which suggests you should try a different approach..."...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #2
Graham , I am not sure that the SI Tech Support examples should have all the error checking that Chang wanted to throw in the macro. The examples should be clear concise and easy to read and get going, as well as be illistrative. Too much error checking in an example well is just over kill and even detrimental to an example. However, any code solution on the SI Tech Support web sit should follow basic rules of good practices and sound advice. Such as with thier macros having atleast a somewhat good Macro design. Look at Example SAS Sample 1728: The first method well lets say is soooo bad...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #3
First, let me admit/acknowledge that I have no knowledge of the history of this thread. Been tied up catching up post SAS Global Forum and post the announcement of sasCommunity.org. But I would like to offer some thoughts regarding Toby's comment: > No as for the sascommunity.org, do we really want a macro library. Well I > would say yes and no. I would like to have one and there are those who > have > paced some Macros on there already. I believe Don and Ron both have, > actually they were on there before the Wiki went public. However, since > people tend to get Ma...

Re: RE : SAS and French
Je lis, mais je ne parle pas - c'est trop difficile. -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA >>> Datametric <datametric@CLUB-INTERNET.FR> 10/12/2004 12:23 PM >>> Hi dave, The sas-l is read by a lot of french spoken people. Vous pouvez envoyer vos questions, nous y r�pondrons. De m�moire, beaucoup de canadiens parlant le francais sont pr�sents �galement. De m�me, des am�ricains parlent et lisent le fran�ais, n'est ce pas Jack ? Cdt, St�phane. -----Message d'origin...

RE : Re: copulas and SAS
Thanks David, I have two variables X1 and X2 representing cognition scores , they are naturally associated, the corr=0.5 X1 is squewed on the right and X2 is fairly normal I have also a variable representing age (continuous 40+) and educational level (3 categories) My first idea is to find the best copula, archmedian copula for (X1,X2) which fits my data, and then to try to link this copula to age and eduction, a kind of quintile regression. I am looking for goodness of fit test for archimedan copula, they are easy to interpret, because of the association paramter Adel Da...

Re: RE : SAS/AF
Unnat, I'm not sure what you mean by "Microsoft Windows which has been installed on Unix server", but you can use an X Window emulator on a MS Windows client to interact with a SAS/AF application executing on a UNIX server. RandyHerbison@westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of saspatel Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 5:33 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: RE : SAS/AF Hi, I developed SAS/AF application and deployed on UNIX server. I would like to know that if it is possible to access SAS/AF application on Microsoft Windows which has been installed on Unix server. If it is possible then how and what kind of products need to be installed on Unix OR Windows. Regards, Unnat ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

Re: Ranges in sas? (was RE: Re: data step vs Proc sql)
Exactly. the only trick is that the range values must be integers. clint -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Ranges in sas? (was RE: Re: data step vs Proc sql) Woah woah woah--what's this colon business here: If ( x in (1:10) ) ; ? Is that a range, like what we have in ruby? So we can translate this as if (x in (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) ; ? See, e.g., midway down the page here: http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/tut_stdtypes.html Thanks! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ed Heaton Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:43 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: data step vs Proc sql Paul, Since we are on the topic of WHEN statements... I was disappointed to learn recently that the following code would not work. Data test ; Do x=1 to 15 by 0.5 ; Output ; End ; Run ; Data new ; Set test ; If ( x in (1:10) ) ; Select (x) ; When (1:5) put x= "is small." ; Otherwise put x= "is large." ; End ; Run ; This bombs on the WHEN statement. The following DATA step subsets just fine. Data new ; Set test ; If ( x in (1:10) ) ; Run ; Now, the WHERE statement doesn't process the integer list but rather it returns an error. Data new ; Set test ; ...

Re: SAS job levels redux was Re: Re: 4 WEEKS TO NESUG !!!
Peter,=20 Just curious, on our other tread (anectodal, I know, which is terrible = statistics...). =20 Do you happen to know if this guy had any formal training in = programming? Also, was he a consultant or a permanent employee?? -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Peter Flom=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:57 PM Subject: Re: 4 WEEKS TO NESUG !!! OK, I have a question about the code clinic. I've inherited a lot of programs. The person who wrote the code was = very bright, but literally crazy (like, he's locked up now type crazy) = and was fond of writing Rube Goldberg-esque code. He did comment quite = a bit, but even with that, I am sometimes at a loss to figure why he did = what he did, whether it's a sensible method, and so on. So, my question is, what does code clinic handle? If I bring in program(s) with only a vague notion of what they are = doing, can you clinicians tell me? Seems a lot to ask..... Peter ...

Re: SAS job levels redux was Re: Re: 4 WEEKS TO NESUG !!!
Think about that little dig the next time your fire up PROC GLM or MIXED On 10/17/07, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > ..or a statistician ;-) > > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savian > www.savian.net > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mary > Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:05 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: SAS job levels redux was Re: Re: 4 WEEKS TO NESUG !!! > > Peter, > > Just curious, on our other tread (anectodal, I know, which is terrible statistics...). > > Do you happen to know if this guy had any formal training in programming? Also, was he a consultant or a permanent employee?? > > -Mary > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Peter Flom > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:57 PM > Subject: Re: 4 WEEKS TO NESUG !!! > > > OK, I have a question about the code clinic. > > I've inherited a lot of programs. The person who wrote the code was very bright, but literally crazy (like, he's locked up now type crazy) and was fond of writing Rube Goldberg-esque code. He did comment quite a bit, but even with that, I am sometimes at a loss to figure why he did what he did, whether it's a sensible method, and so on. > > So, my question is, what does code clinic handle? > If I bring in program(s) with only a vague notio...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: Ranges in sas? (was RE: Re: data step vs Proc sql) #2
Ooooh--interesting--thanks! I'll play with that... ________________________________ From: SAS(r) Discussion on behalf of Rickards, Clinton (GE Consumer Finance) Sent: Thu 4/20/2006 2:41 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Ranges in sas? (was RE: Re: data step vs Proc sql) Exactly. the only trick is that the range values must be integers. clint -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Ranges in sas? (was RE: Re: data step vs Proc sql) Woah woah woah--what's this colon business here: If ( x in (1:10) ) ; ? Is that a range, like what we have in ruby? So we can translate this as if (x in (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) ; ? See, e.g., midway down the page here: http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/tut_stdtypes.html Thanks! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ed Heaton Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:43 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: data step vs Proc sql Paul, Since we are on the topic of WHEN statements... I was disappointed to learn recently that the following code would not work. Data test ; Do x=1 to 15 by 0.5 ; Output ; End ; Run ; Data new ; Set test ; If ( x in (1:10) ) ; Select (x) ; When (1:5) put x= "is small." ; Otherwise put x= "is lar...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Web resources about - Re: FULLSTIMER ?? - comp.soft-sys.sas