Re: Google groups delay

Indeed ... maybe 97000 is a magic number for them (96999 is the number of
topics currently listed)?
-Joe

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Richard <richard.hockey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone noticed that google groups is not updating SAS-L ?
> Today the newest item is dated 2 days ago.

snoopy369 (1724)

Re: Google groups delay #2
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:01:34 -0500, Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Indeed ... maybe 97000 is a magic number for them (96999 is the number of >topics currently listed)? >-Joe Its gone past 97000! (currently at 97005) R > >On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Richard <richard.hockey@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Anyone noticed that google groups is not updating SAS-L ? >> Today the newest item is dated 2 days ago. >> R >> ...

Re: Google groups delay #3
It also happened about 4 weeks ago. The whole weekend Google Groups did not synchronize (that is _all_ discussion groups). It took more than a day to synchronize after that. Even now GG does not seem to be up to date if you read and compare the newsgroups using another web based news browser like newsgroups.derkeiler.com . I don't know who or what address to email about it. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld ...

Subject: Re: Google Groups: Searching *ONLY* for usenet groups ????
>Randy Howard wrote: >> tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com says... >> ... snip ... >> >>> I *like* the www.google.co.uk so far. So glad it was mentioned by >>> Arthur J. O'Dwyer. >> >> I'll take a look at it, had not seen it until it mas mentioned here. > > The last time I looked at that it apparently could not access the > message being replied to form a quote. Maybe they fixed it? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm using google groups UK at present, the posting works for about 70% o...

Re: OT: Google Groups Vs Yahoo groups #2
SL, Other than the difference that Sudip posted, there is not much difference as Yahoo owns both. No mater which venue you choose, make sure you make the site restricted (NOT public) in order to validate that potential members are not spammers and that spammers and identity thieves do not join up and copy your membership list. Best Cheers, Ray On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM, sudip chatterjee <sudip.memphis@gmail.com> wrote: > With the release of Google wave this will be lot easier for your group > ... I think > > On 11/16/09, SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> ...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Configuration-Management join this group on google beta group site
Please join the new group on google beta group site http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Configuration-Management Thanks for your interest pompy Belkar wrote: > Please join the new group on google beta group site > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Configuration-Management > Thanks for your interest If everybody here created a new group there, we all would have to follow hundreds of groups to keep up with discussion. Why not use the Usenet, with its standard protocols to access the information? Heiner -- ___ _ / __| |_ _____ _____ _ _ Heiner STEVEN <hei...

Re: OT: Google Groups Vs Yahoo groups #5
> From: SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> wrote: > > hello all, > > > > Just trying to find out your experiences about which group > is Ideal and has > > lot features that are well suited for discussions. Couple > of my friends are > > brain storming to start a group where we could share or > thoughts on various > > topics (which might include sharing documents ,Videos , or > links ) . I am > > looking for a place where if upload something they could view those > > documents but can't change or delete or download with ...

Re: How to use SAS to determine patient group and control group?
Hi Tony, Do the patients in each of your 24 groups already have comparable size, age, gender, etc.? If not then you should develop an algorithm to match patients as good as possible (within limits). But do you really need matched (paired) patients? Can't you do with just two random (unpaired) groups that match on the average? Tell us about your design. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:14:00 -0700, Tonywang <tonywolf@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I have 24 groups of patients ...

Re: LOCAL SAS USER GROUPS
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:02:28 -0500, Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: >TO All Local SAS User Groups, > >HASUG is again in a pickle to find a good / cheap method to send out >emails to its local members. HASUG would like to know what email services >each of you use to keep in contact with your members. > >Some of HASUG's requirements for such a list are: >1. Must be confidential >2. Must not be shared with anyone, any company, etc >3. Self maintained with regards to bad email addresses, obsolete email >addresses >4. Allo...

Google groups delay
Anyone noticed that google groups is not updating SAS-L ? Today the newest item is dated 2 days ago. R That's true, very unexpected delays both for new posts and also for replies. Hope will be fixed soon. On Oct 29, 12:33=A0am, Akshaya <akshaya.nathil...@gmail.com> wrote: > That's true, very unexpected delays both for new posts and also for > replies. Hope will be fixed soon. Seems to be back to normal now. R ...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS
Adel, Think Joke! But, more seriously, it did prompt me to look up the origins of the copula as a functional. Joe On 9/27/06, adel F. <adel_tangi@yahoo.fr> wrote: > > Hi, > I do not know how this is related to my orginal question. > > My understanding of copula is, it is a joint distribution with uniform > margins, the problem how to obtain a copula which fits better a data? > > If there is any suggestion from members of SAS list, about examples for > copulae with SAS, I will appreciate that > > Thanks a lot > > Adel > Joe Whitehurst <joew...

Is this group only a Google group?
Hello, I'm discovering APL and I posted a question yesterday on the comp.lang.apl = nntp group. While searching for more information about APL, I stumbled upon= this Google group. I see that it has the same posts than the nntp group, b= ut the last nntp post is from October 1st, 2014. I'm thus wondering if there is are synchronization issues between nntp and = the Google group, or if the problem is with my nntp provider. Thanks, Alan Hi, comp.lang.apl is definitely a usenet group. Many providers aren't retaining many newsgroups long enough and also seem to ...

Google Groups and SAS-L
Every time I post a reply on Google Groups, nothing shows (that could be good or bad depending on what people think). Anyone else seeing this issue? Alan ...

Re: Google Groups + this list
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM, <rurpy@yahoo.com> wrote: > > On 12/25/2013 05:19 AM, Ned Batchelder wrote: > > On 12/24/13 8:47 PM, rurpy@yahoo.com wrote: > >> On 12/23/2013 09:12 AM, Chris Angelico wrote: > >>> Also, > >>> you haven't answered the other part of the post, the more important > >>> part. > >> Refresh my memory please. > > > > Ugh, stop! > > Stop what? The context you quote has nothing to do > with what you write below. This is a test mail I seem to have been ki...

Re: SAS PUZZLE (BY GROUP)
ramesh.chakri@GMAIL.COM wrote: > >Here is one for the brains. >Here is a dataset with studentid enrolled in A or B or both. Since no >data is perfect, it does have some null values. The expected output is >that, if a student is in A and B, it should say as both else keep it >untouched. > >studentid class >1 A >1 >2 A >1 B >6 >1 A >3 A >4 B >2 B >5 >6 B > >EXPECTED OUTPUT > >studentid class >1 BOTH >1 BOTH >1 ...

Re: google groups 2
Nice...now if they only updated it faster.... Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Cool Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 11:45 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: google groups 2 Have you checked out Google Groups2 http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.sas? ...

Re: Grouping SAS dataset.
Hi Mark, Artificial course problem? What split criterion? Random? Exactly equal or about equal by random assignment? If random and about equal then: group = ceil (uniform (-1) * 6); If exact and not so much random, but otherwise arbitrary: set dataset NOBS=NofRecs; group = ceil (6 * _N_ / NofRecs); Other solutions depend on your criterions rather much. Regards - Jim. -- Y. (Jim) Groeneveld, MSc., Biostatistician, Science Team Vitatron B.V., Meander 1051, 6825 MJ Arnhem P.O.Box 5227, 6802 EE Arnhem, the Netherlands Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365, Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305 Jim.Groeneveld_...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; gopti...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting the number of rows returned by a select with group by.
Let the world know your discovery... Chucho! -----Original Message----- From: rkusenet <rkusenet@gmail.com> To: Jean Sagi <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:58:11 -0400 Subject: Re: Re: Re: Getting the number of rows returned by a select with group by. Yes I believe there should be no problem if derived tables (TABLE(MULTISET)) is used since technically we are not creating/dropping an object inside a SP. I was forced to find other workarounds for the SP problem by using real tables as global temp tables with SESSIONID column to link it to the session. Much less elegant than this. However I am not sure how good the performance of derived tables. I will try to do a bench mark. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:45:25 -0500, Jean Sagi <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> wrote: > > Besides... > > Let say you call stored procedure for every row in a query, _and_ inside the stored procedure you create and drop a temporary table... > > I had a lot of problems doing this, unitl someone give a solution to this by using exceptions... > > I think no problem exist by using _derived tables_ > . > > Chucho! > > -----Original Message----- > From: "rkusenet" <rkusenet@gmail.com> > .. The problem comes in stored procedures where creation/destruction of a temp table inside the SP forces the engine to recompile, which in turn puts a lock on sysprocplan... > > ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 674067
joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM replied: > >Adel, > >You may find the following artilce interesting. [article by Thomas Mikosch not copied] This is a really good article, and a really useful point to make. But 55K is a lot of article to copy. Would it have been easier to point to a URL? The people who read SAS-L as a digest and the people who have slow connections are probably not overly thrilled. I'll refrain from pointing out that you sound like me today. ("Are you sure you want to do this? Here's some material which suggests you should try a different approach..."...

Re: Google SAS-L archives
For a calendar of SAS-L activity see: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.sas/about You can link out to any month from 7/93-1/96 hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Droogendyk, Harry Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:27 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Google SAS-L archives Yes, the recent activity is displayed initially, but there's a whole whack of history at that URL, probably all of it, ie. posts back to 1995 which seems to be the start of the availab...

Re: google groups 2 #2
And it doesn't allow optional sorts by date or relevance when searched. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Cool Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 11:45 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: google groups 2 Have you checked out Google Groups2 http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.sas? ...

Re: Government SAS user groups?
I'm not sure that there is that much in common or that much to distinguish government from non-government users. The 2003 NESUG conference was held in Arlington, Virginia, just outside of Washington. The conference organizers set up a Government Applications section (http://www.lexjansen.com/cgi-bin/nesug.php?x=nesug03&s=nesug#gv), but I would say that the content did not really validate the concept. I've been a member of the steering committee of the Washington DC SAS Users Group for many years. The group has a heavy representation of government users, but we have rarely if ever...

Web resources about - Re: Google groups delay - comp.soft-sys.sas

Google
× Öfter hier? als Startseite festlegen Ja Nein danke Suche Bilder Videos Maps News Shopping Mail Mehr Übersetzer Bücher Scholar Blogs YouTube ...

Google - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the corporation. For the search engine, see Google Search . For other uses, see Google (disambiguation) . Menlo Park , ...

Google - CrunchBase
Google provides search and advertising services, which together aim to organize and monetize the world's information. In addition to its dominant ...

Google - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the corporation. For the search engine, see Google Search . For other uses, see Google (disambiguation) . Googleplex, Mountain ...

Page Has Moved
about dmoz - help The page you attempted to access does not exist on this site. The closest matches are: Computers Computers/Companies Open ...

A Googler - Twitter
News and updates from Google

Google
Google's official YouTube channel.

In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives - Amazon
Few companies in history have ever been as successful and as admired as Google, the company that has transformed the Internet and become an indispensable ...

Google+ - iTunes
Real-life sharing rethought for the web, wherever you are Google+ for mobile makes sharing the right things with the right people a lot simpler. ...

Google Mobile
Music, Books, Apps and Movies available anywhere. Now your favorite entertainment is all in one place that's accessible from the Web and any ...