Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file #2

mailprems@YAHOO.COM wrote:
>Is there any SAS code for converting  a SAS data set to a SPSS (.sav) file.
>I did work by using the SPSS commands 'get sas data' but I wanted to know
>whether there is any method to convert the dataset into .sav file without
>using SPSS (using SAS codes).

Why on earth would you want to?

But seriously, have you tried the SPSS engine in the LIBNAME statement?

libname pickanamehere SPSS pathtolibrary ;

I wouldn't do this, of course.  SAS is way better for database management
and for the types of statistical analysis I typically do.  I might use R
once in
a while, but not SPSS.  And you don't need to resort to this sort of
problem,
since you could save your data in some manner of transport format which
both programs could read/write.

HTH,
David
--