Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file #5 1549413

Premalatha,

Take a look at Laurel's response in: http://xrl.us/g95m

While there is an SPSS libname engine, I believe it is 'read only.'

Art
----------
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:57:31 -0700, Premalatha T <mailprems@YAHOO.COM>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any SAS code for converting  a SAS data set to a SPSS (.sav)
file. I did work by using the SPSS commands 'get sas data' but I wanted to
know whether there is any method to convert the dataset into .sav file
without using SPSS (using SAS codes).

>-Premalatha

>http://mail.yahoo.com
0
art297 (4213)

Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file
Sorry, I know of plenty of ways to get SPSS data into SAS, but once I have= =20 my data in SAS I have never bothered to wonder how to get it into SPSS.=20 <Uh-oh, do I feel a flame war coming on?> On 8/24/05, Premalatha T <mailprems@yahoo.com> wrote: >=20 > Hi, >=20 > Is there any SAS code for converting a SAS data set to a SPSS (.sav) file= ..=20 > I did work by using the SPSS commands 'get sas data' but I wanted to know= =20 > whether there is any method to convert the dataset into .sav file without= =20 > using SPSS (using SAS codes). >=20 > -Premalatha >=20 > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com >=20 --=20 sc work: www.otxresearch.com <http://www.otxresearch.com> home: www.czep.net <http://www.czep.net> ...

Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file #2
mailprems@YAHOO.COM wrote: >Is there any SAS code for converting a SAS data set to a SPSS (.sav) file. >I did work by using the SPSS commands 'get sas data' but I wanted to know >whether there is any method to convert the dataset into .sav file without >using SPSS (using SAS codes). Why on earth would you want to? But seriously, have you tried the SPSS engine in the LIBNAME statement? libname pickanamehere SPSS pathtolibrary ; I wouldn't do this, of course. SAS is way better for database management and for the types of statistical analysis I typically do. I migh...

Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file #6
Premalatha T wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any SAS code for converting a SAS data set to a SPSS (.sav) file. I did work by using the SPSS commands 'get sas data' but I wanted to know whether there is any method to convert the dataset into .sav file without using SPSS (using SAS codes). > > -Premalatha > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > Statransfer seems to be the best product because it has surpassed the following problems on witch dbmscopy and current lasts versions of spss(12 13 and partialy 11) are falling -loose of the sas formats (get sas ... are not working...completely!) see my mail of Sas formats:converting SAS dataset into SPSS data http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0507c&L=sas-l&F=&S=&P=24429 -bug because the variables names + labels are more than 32k (for dbmscopy) Current version of Stattransfer8 is reading sas v9 files HTH Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE ...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #5
Mikeey I did try V8 before I sent the posting just to be sure that V5toV6 was not available and I too, found it not there. I see that Dale did not find it in a V6.12 installation. I just ran a mainframe 6.09E job and the proc is there. I find it odd that it would not be available in 6.12 since this is a V6 proc. The spelling is V5TOV6 Nat Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@W To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ESTAT.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #5
you want to save the macro code in its own file access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: SASautos Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Churchill > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > Suppose I have this code: > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > .do some sas stuff. > run; > %mend; > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I > can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. ...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9
Dear SAS-L-ers, Al Nardi posted the following: > Has anyone ever converted a SAS 5 (scary) file to SAS 9.1 ? > I have some old (version 5) data that needs to be converted. > Al Nardi, if it had not been a Wintry 43 degrees (Fahrenheit) here in the metropolitan Washington, DC area, your question certainly would have put a chill in the air! Brrrrr! No, I have not done so, and think that you have a rough road ahead... unless, just unless, the SAS Version 5 files happen to be in Transport file format. If the SAS Version 5 files were created with PROC CPORT, they should be able to be CIMPORT-ed to SAS Version 9.x without any problems. The SAS Institute stated in the past that the SAS transport file format is _THE_ preferred method of storing and transferring old SAS files across time, space and computing platforms. Al Nardi, if your SAS V5 files are indeed in SAS transport file format, then you should seriously consider playing the lottery, because you are definitely on a winning streak! (If not, don't waste your money)! Best of luck to you in your archeological endeavor to dust off the bones of those decade-old SAS data sets! I hope that this suggestion proves helpful now, and in the future! Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accu...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file
Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, skip over the second to fourth line, and continue to convert the fifth till the end. Does anybody have any idea ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #3
Thanks for answering my question, that has been solved. Thanks! Nancy "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@russell.com> wrote: Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #2
My 2p: data i; retain name_part value_part; infile 'c:\temp\sas.txt' dlm = "|}|" /*JUNK DELIMETER.*/ dsd missover lrecl = 440; informat text $440. value_part $422. name_part $28.; input text; if 2 < _N_ < 9 then delete; if text ^ = ""; if text =:"Notes: Spoke with" then text = tranwrd(text,"re:Patient","re.Patient"); name_part = trim(left(scan(text,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(text,2,':'))); if text=:"Notes: Spoke" then value_part = trim(left(value_part)) || " " || "thx"; if ...

Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.
SASuser.co.kr a �crit : > Hi ALL, > > Would you reply the question of subject? > > If yes, would you explain the method for convert? > > Thanks. > > Chulgyu > > Yes, With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4 with proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run; The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct (a missing ; at the end) In the case of sas, you may see if in your work , you have a new formats catalog and see if in your new sas file the correct formats are written in the the data; (It is not always the case). I am just now working with one case of this kind to understand why the produced formats names were erroneous and affected to the next variable. HTH Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE ...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #10
http://www.sas.com/presscenter/bgndr_history.html 1985 ... Technology milestones... First SAS System release for PC DOS (Base SAS and SAS/RTERM software) is immediate success. Micro-to-mainframe link (SAS/C Compiler) is introduced for PCs linking to mainframes. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nat Wooding Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:01 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 Robin I must beg to differ- A pc DOS version of SAS was announced in the spring of 1985 and ran (if you could call it that) on XTs and Ats. The cover of SAS Communications for that quarter has a picture of an AT with a SAS session. As I recall, the package arrived on about 40 5 1/4 inch floppies and was a bear to load. On my AT, a proc means of a hundred or so obs took something like a minute to run. I think that a question for Al (are you listening) is what media are these sets on - floppies (3 1/2, I hope) or mainframe tape reels? Nat Wooding Robin Templer <robin.templer@XT To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU RA.CO.NZ> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U GA.EDU> 12/...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #8
Just to jump in, in V6, there was a Proc V5toV6 but that only gets you one step along the way. I just checked and the proc is not available in V9 (at least on the pc). Nat Wooding Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@W To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ESTAT.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U GA.EDU> 12/16/04 02:45 PM Please respond to Michael Raithel Dear SAS-L-ers, Al Nardi posted the following: > Has anyone ever converted a SAS 5 (scary) file to SAS 9.1 ? > I have some old (version 5) data that needs to be converted. > Al Nardi, if it had not been a Wintry 43 degrees (Fahrenheit) here in the metropolitan Washington, DC area, your question certainly would have put a chill in the air! Brrrrr! No, I have not done so, and think that you have a rough road ahead... unless, just unless, the SAS Version 5 files happen to be in Transport file format. If the SAS Version 5 files were created with PROC CPORT, they should be able to be CIMPORT-ed to SAS Version 9.x without any problems. The SAS Institute stated in the past that the SAS transport file format is _THE_ preferred method of storing and transferring old SAS files across tim...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #11
It's a platform issue much more than a version issue. Quoting from the V. 9 z/OS Companion (http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/hosto390.hlp/mvs-allsas- engines.htm): "SAS System 9 can read, but not update, libraries that were created in the V5 and V5TAPE formats. Note that the V5 and V5TAPE engines cannot be specified on the LIBNAME statement. However, SAS will identify the correct engine to use with these libraries if no engine is specified." I suspect that the V5 libraries created on OS and DOS mainframe systems had the same internal structure. Al never actually indicated what platform he is using, but he did indicate that he is running SAS on a laptop, so I think it is not z/OS. Al said that he received the datasets as e-mail attachments, so there are no media compatibility issues. I think he would have essentially the same problem if the datasets had been created yesterday on a mainframe. They have to be converted on a mainframe. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:02:44 -0800, Choate, Paul@DDS <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV> wrote: >Al - > >You don't mention your platform or storage. On v8.2 MVS SAS has v5 and >v5tape read-only library engines. [snip] On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:50:26 -0500, F. J. Kelley <jkelley@UGA.EDU> wrote: >I believe DOS is not the MS-DOS you're thinking of; it was >one of IBMs mainframe operating systems (the other system at >the time would have been OS --> MVS --> z/OS). Unless >written in...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #14
Puddin', From my recollection, this was not a SAS DM command. This was something that you typed in a MS/DOS line. In order to start a telnet or an FTP session to connect your pc to Unix/Mainframe, the TCPIP module needed to be loaded. This was done by typing "tcpip" on the MS/DOS command line. Once you had quit the Telnet/FTP, the tcpip module was not needed. If you did not unload it manually, it would still be hogging the memory. An interactive SAS session wouldn't even start up because of inadequate memory. Typing "tcpip -k" would free up some memory to start an interactive SAS session. All this seems long ago. In actual years it is not. I was using this even in the early to mid 1990s as a student .. here .. in the U.S. Venky -----Original Message----- From: Pudding Man [mailto:pudding.man@gmail.com] Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 3:34 PM To: Venky Chakravarthy Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:41:15 -0500, Venky Chakravarthy <venky.chakravarthy@pfizer.com> wrote: > On a related OT note, does anyone remember TCPIP -K to free up that > precious memory? It seems like a long time ago in computer parlance but in > actual years not that long ago. Venky, TCPIP -K? No comprendere. It *sounds* like your are referring to DM commands in PC/MS/DOS V6 used to report/control memory usage? From my '89 notes: CDM Info on resident SAS modules CDE Largest bloc...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #13
Hi Al Nardi, The current DBMS/copy version 8 still supports version 5 transport formats. So you should be able to transform them directly into version 9 datasets. I only hope you have the files correctly transferred (to Windows format) in terms of character set and end-of-line conversion. Stat/transfer possibly also may still support that versions format. Their website is not very specific about that. Regards - Jim. -- Y. (Jim) Groeneveld, MSc., Biostatistician, Science Team Vitatron B.V., Meander 1051, 6825 MJ Arnhem P.O.Box 5227, 6802 EE Arnhem, the Netherlands Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365, Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305 Jim.Groeneveld_AT_Vitatron.com (replace _AT_ by AT sign) http://www.vitatron.com, http://home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. [common disclaimer] On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:09:57 -0500, Al Nardi <alnardi@CMXGROUP.COM> wrote: >Has anyone ever converted a SAS 5 (scary) file to SAS 9.1 ? >I have some old (version 5) data that needs to be converted. > >Thanks >Al Nardi ...

Re: SAS coding help #5
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:48:14 -0700, cherub <cherub2life@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi, > > I need some help for my coding. Now I have a dataset sorted by date and id(see below) > > Id date key > 12 12May2001 1254 > 12 13Dec2004 1204 > 12 15Jan2005 1002 > 15 15Apr1998 0998 > 15 05Feb2000 0147 > ...... > > I need to generate a new variable which can give the rank for date by id, such as > > Id date Key rank > 12 12May2001 1254 1 > 12 13Dec2004 1204 2 > 12 15Jan2005 1002 3 > 15 15Apr1998 0998 1 > 15 05Feb2000 0147 2 > ...... > > Does somebody know how to generate this variable? > > Thanks > > > Yanyan Are there any ties (repetition of ID/DATE value pairs)? Then the DATA step counters and PROC RANK will give different results. You have to indicate how ties should be handled. ...

Re: Help with SAS code #5
We've had a variation of this question recently on the list- you might search the list for other suggestions. You aren't entirely clear on your methodology, in particular I don't know what rx1-rx24 have in them and what their relationship to month but I'll assume that rx1 = current month and rx24 = 23 months ago. I'll actually show you the code with 4 months' data, but it is identical for 24. data have; input month $ rx1 rx2 rx3 rx4; datalines; april 1 2 3 4 april 4 5 6 7 ;;;; run; data rename; set have; array rxs rx:; do _n_ = 1 to dim(rxs); renamer=catx(' ','rename ',vname(rxs[_n_]),'=',cats(vname(rxs[_n_]),'_',put(intnx('month','01APR2009'd,-1*(_n_-1)),MONYY5.)),';'); output; end; stop; run; proc sql; select renamer into :renamelist separated by ' ' from rename; quit; proc datasets lib=work; modify have; &renamelist; quit; You need to modify this code to determine the '01APR2009'd date programatically (however you will do this in the program). This does not allow you to have different month variables from each month value in the data, note; that is a somewhat different request, and if that's what you need please specify that clearly, and include before and after data examples. -Joe On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM, sasbeginner <pattukuttani@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In my data set I have a variable called Month which has value of the > curre...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #9 1545842
I believe DOS is not the MS-DOS you're thinking of; it was one of IBMs mainframe operating systems (the other system at the time would have been OS --> MVS --> z/OS). Unless written in transport, you'll need a mainframe to read them. ---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:52:28 +1300 >From: Robin Templer <robin.templer@XTRA.CO.NZ> >Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >AH ... - then you do have an issue and I suspect a mission. > >1. SAS V5 never ran in the DOS or Windows environment - so I suspect >that you DO NOT have V5 datasets. You need to ascertain exacly under >WHICH environment and Version of SAS the data was created under. What >are the file extensions of the datasets - that may well tell us the >answer. If they are dataset.SSD then they are DOS or Windows V6 >datasets and you will be able to read them with SAS 9. > >2. Secondly - I remember that Proc V5TOV6 was not available on the PC >platforms (DOS and Windows and OS/2) as there had never been a V5 >release in those enviornments - it was only available on VMS, MVS, CMS etc. > >Until you know the answer to point 1, then I suspect all we can offer >are guesses > > >Al Nardi wrote: > >>Ah...thats the issue..it was created on a (sit down again) a DOS system.. >>the user emailed me 4 small versions 5 files...and my task is to convert >>them.. >&...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #12 1545866
Hello Friends, I remember using PC SAS 6.04. I missed using the first version for PCs, 6.03. To make it useful (SAS/CONNECT to the mainframe), we had to be able to load PC-DOS (MS-DOS), SAS, and your mainframe terminal emulator with conventional memory (640 KB). We had to swap out our existing emulator for another one with a smaller footprint to make it work. I over-clocked that IBM AT with a new crystal but that is another, OT story ;-) Just to confirm and clarify, Version 5 was never released for use on personal computers. So if the data set was created on a personal computer, it had to be V6 or later. - Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis >X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2657.72) >Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l >Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:59:32 -0800 >Reply-To: "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV> >Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> >From: "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV> >Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >http://www.sas.com/presscenter/bgndr_history.html >1985 ... Technology milestones... > >First SAS System release for PC DOS (Base SAS and SAS/RTERM software) is >immediate success. >Micro-to-mainframe link (SAS/C Compiler) is introduced for PCs linking to >mainframes. > > >Paul Choate >DDS Data Extraction >(916) 654-2160 > >-----Original Message----- >From: ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to develop in the future. Then goodorganization also helps. Sorry, I haven't got a good solution, but it is possible to learnfrom mistakes and wise to do so. Otherwise, they tend to getrepeated. Ian Whitlock=================== Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:13:41 -0700 Reply-To: myr_rose@YAHOO.COMSender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM>Organization: http://groups.google.com Subject: search SAS data set from SAS codeComments: To: sas-l Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hi All,Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance.Rose ...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #9 641267
I did a little googling tonight and came across some SAS faqs about converting V5 files to V6. It seems that Proc V5toV6 was available on most platforms but not on the pc. However, there is supposed to be a V5 engine available that will allow SAS V6 to read a V5 file. Nat ...

Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #5
site filetype=jes does some interesting things, especially if you assign output to an appropriately-configured hold queue. Most of the hold queues (1-9) are (it has been a while ...) "hold for writer" (ie printer). once in via filetype=jes, you may perform a dir to see the list of held output. as I recall, the various held outputs from the pgm are stored as JOB1234.1, JOB1234.2 and so on. they may be retrieved individually via GET or in a block get job1234.x it has been a while since I did this and only got it to work because some hold queues are used by our systems for special purposes. using one of those allowed me to get the held output. I spoke with our (then) JES guy about the queues. as I say, it has been a while, so a lot of this may have changed. additionally, USS or OMVS may provide other methods of access not available in traditional MVS. ---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:37:51 -0400 >From: Martin Mathis <martin.u.mathis@BANKOFAMERICA.COM> >Subject: Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >Something like this should be possible as I have done it in the past. Note >the "site filetype=jes" which submits your JCL/SAS Program to the MVS >internal reader. > >ftp -nv hostname << EOT >user userid/password >ascii >lcd jcldirectory >site filetype=jes >put sasjobwithjcl >quit >EOT > >You should get back something l...

Re: Need help in SAS CODE #5
It is a simple PRXParse = '/(d)+$/' ; Toby Dunn If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway. Murphys Law #2. The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at. Murphys Law # Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure. Murphys Law #9 From: Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> Reply-To: Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Need help in SAS CODE Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:18:16 -0400 Your question can be translated as "To find the number at the tail of a string". Now think about a way to reset very letters in the string to blank, then we will have a new string with some numbers separated by blanks. The number you want is at the very right hand side, which can be easily extracted with a scan function: data have; input geneID $1-25; tailnum=scan(translate(upcase(geneid),' ', '_ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'),-1,' '); cards; 100_g_at1 100_g_at12 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at8 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at10 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at20 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_kkk209 34sdfsf_345nldog_456 ; proc print; run; 100_g_at1 1 100_g_at12 12 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at8 8 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at10 10 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_at20 20 AFFX-YEL024w/RIP1_kkk209 209 34sdfsf_345nldog_456 ...

Web resources about - Re: Help in SAS code- convert to .sav file #5 1549413 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

The Galaxy S7 Edge may have just made me a Samsung convert
Historically, I've had a begrudging respect for Samsung flagships. I can objectively acknowledge the company makes very good, extremely popular ...

This modular robot tank converts into a tracked hoverboard
Filed under: Etc. , Videos , Autonomous , Military , Off-Road The unmanned vehicle is equal parts hoverboard and tank.