Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file

Hi,

I'm not sure what all converting or parsing
you want to do but here is a method of fetching
the parts and pieces.  If you need more help,
hollar again...

    * read flat file varying length ;
data thedata(drop=pline);
  length pline $2000
         name_part $100
         value_part $1000;
  infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar;
  input @1 pline $varying. lenvar;
  if pline eq '' then delete;
  name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':')));
  value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':')));
run;

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson
Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R
Russell Investment Group

Russell
Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing