Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #3

Thanks for answering my question, that has been solved.

Thanks!

Nancy

"Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@russell.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure what all converting or parsing
you want to do but here is a method of fetching
the parts and pieces. If you need more help,
hollar again...

* read flat file varying length ;
data thedata(drop=pline);
length pline $2000
name_part $100
value_part $1000;
infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar;
input @1 pline $varying. lenvar;
if pline eq '' then delete;
name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':')));
value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':')));
run;

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson
Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R
Russell Investment Group

Russell
Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing