Re: How to access a MS SQL file in SAS?

Are you opening your .csv file with Excel? that would truncate the
number of records.

You may want to create a libname for the SQL table or use Proc SQL
pass-through. You'll need the SAS Access for your database, such as SAS
Access for Relational Databases to use ODBC.

If you create a libname for the table you can read it directly in
either a datastep or Proc Sql using SAS commands. If you use Proc SQL
pass-through you will need to be aware of how Transact SQL works and
you'll need an odbc connection.

Example: Pass-through where yourdatasourcename, etc are the names of
the database and tables, etc. that are relevant to your database and
odbc connection.

Proc SQL;
connect to odbc
(datasrc=yourdatasourcename
  user=yourdatasourceusername
  pasword=yourdatasourcepassword);

create view yourviewname as
select * from connection to odbc

(select col1, col2, etc
 from yourtablename
 where....
 etc);

Libname method example from online help:

libname mydblib odbc
   noprompt="uid=testuser;pwd=testpass;dsn=sqlservr;"

Data mydata;
      set mydblib.tablename;
     more statements.....
run;

Dan Sharp

>>> Mayukh Dass <dass@UGA.EDU> 06/18/04 07:56AM >>>
    Hi,

I have a view with 200000 records that was created in MS SQL. I was
trying
to transfer the view to the SAS to do some analysis on it. I tried to
convert the view to a .cvs file, but it is loading only 65535 records.
Is
there any way of doing this?

Thank you in advance,

Mayukh
0
dmsharp (9)

Re: How to access a MS SQL file in SAS? #2
Hi Mayukh, You can read and write the tables directly. You can read queries directly. * READ MSACCESS TABLES FROM PC SAS ; %let mdbname=c:\temp\db1.mdb; * parse out mdb path ; %let xtmp=%sysfunc(reverse(%trim(%left(&mdbname)))); %let xtmp=%substr(&xtmp,%eval(%index(&xtmp,\)+1)); %let mdbpath=%sysfunc(reverse(&xtmp)); * build ODBC connection string ; %let noprompt=DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb); %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)UID=admin; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)UserCommitSync=Yes; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)Threads=3; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)SafeTransactions=0; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)PageTimeout=5; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)MaxScanRows=8; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)MaxBufferSize=2048; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)ReadOnly=0; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)FIL=MS Access; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)DefaultDir=&mdbpath; %let noprompt=&noprompt%str(;)DBQ=&mdbname; %let noprompt=%BQUOTE(&noprompt); * assign library reference ; LIBNAME mymdb ODBC NOPROMPT="&noprompt"; * sample using datastep ; data table1; set mymdb.Table1; run; * sample using datastep ; data tablefromquery1; set mymdb.Query1; run; * sample using SQL ; proc sql; create table table1 as select * from mymdb.table1 ; quit; * sample using macro ; %macro GetTable(nm); proc sql; create table &nm as select * from mymdb.&nm ...

Re: MS/ACCESS file convert to SAS file,
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:24:01 -0500, Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I use PC SAS import to read in a MS/ACCESS data and converted it into >SAS data in PC. I transfered it to UNIX to run my code. But the log in >said: "invalid header". Since PC SAS had no problem to run and output >a PROC CONTENTS list, I am confussed by this error. Why a MS/ACCESS >data converted by PC SAS can not be read in UNIX SAS? My hunch is that it has nothing to do with MS/ACCESS. Are you sure that you are using the appropriate engine for your UNIX platform? On the PC, try data MYLIB.class; set sashelp.class; run; where MYLIB is the same library you use for the data imported from MS/ACCESS. Then transfer mylib.class to the UNIX machine the same way you transferred the first data set. See how that works. ...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you want to do such simple things like you wrote, avoid any %INC or %MACRO things! It is far more readable, if you don't use %INCLUDES. What do you think, that data-step will do: data a; %inc(inc1); %inc(inc2); %inc(inc3); run; ??? instead of: data a; set sashelp.class; if age>11 then age=11; keep name age; run; Gerhard On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 01:42:03 -0700, Joep Steeman <jsteeman@BUSINESSDECISION.COM> wrote: >On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: >> Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck >> with the usual help sources. >> >> I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For >> example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 >> invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. >> >> So sas file 1 looks like this... >> &g...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: output SAS data to MS ACCESS file
proc export data = <datasetname> outtable = '<tablename>' dbms = access database = '<databasename>'; See if this works. Nancy >>> Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> 10/11/2007 9:07:09 PM >>> I was told to create a file and send a MS Access after down. I tried to use SAS Export File. But I was only able to choose from standard drop down list: ..cvs, .xls... How to export a MS Access data file? Thanks. ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access
Easiest way I can think of is to use a macro: %macro exporttoaccess(dset); PROC EXPORT DATA= K.&dset. OUTTABLE= "&dset" DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; DATABASE="LOCATION"; RUN; %mend; and then you call it once for each table you want exported. It's technically doing a separate export, though you don't have to rewrite the code each time. (Note, it assumes all of your datasets are in library K - if this is not true it needs to have a library macro variable passed as well). I suspect you could also use LIBNAME to do this, but I am not familiar with how to use LIBNAMEs with access so I'll let someone more export to answer that. -Joe On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Kim Brown <kibrown@ladhs.org> wrote: > Hi all, > Export from SAS to MS Access: > Is there a way to export 20 Data sets from SAS into MS Access without > writing separate export statement? > > This is the syntax, I'm using now. > PROC EXPORT DATA= K.HDHS_APR08 > OUTTABLE= "HDHS_apr08" > DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; > DATABASE="LOCATION"; > RUN; > > Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Kim > ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access #3
thanks so much Paul, worked great! ...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier �lectronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm�diatement, par retour de courrier �lectronique ou par un autre moyen. ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access #2
Kim - open the MDB with the Access libname engine and use proc copy. libname mdb 'file.mdb'; proc copy in=sashelp out=mdb mt=data; select c:; run; libname mdb clear; You can list the files in the select statement or just drop it if you are copying a whole library. The MDB has to already exist, unlike the Excel libname the Access libname does not create files - so you can create it by hand, or trick SAS into making it. data dummy; dummy=''; run; filename MakeMDB 'file.mdb'; proc export data=dummy outtable="dummy" dbms=access2000 replace; database=MakeMDB; run; filename MakeMDB clear; proc delete data=dummy; run; libname acctb access 'file.mdb'; proc delete data=acctb.dummy; run; libname acctb clear; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kim Brown Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:47 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access Hi all, Export from SAS to MS Access: Is there a way to export 20 Data sets from SAS into MS Access without writing separate export statement? This is the syntax, I’m using now. PROC EXPORT DATA= K.HDHS_APR08 OUTTABLE= "HDHS_apr08" DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; DATABASE="LOCATION"; RUN; Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Kim ...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license?
Dear SAS-L-ers, Ya Huang posted this interesting question: > Hi there, > > I ran proc setinit and see we have SAS/ACCESS Interface to > ORACLE, but not MS SQL server. Does it mean we need to pay > the license of SQL server in order to access SQL server? I > see people sometimes simply say "SAS/access for RDBMS", does > it mean all RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL etc.) are > under one umbrella, so that you only need to pay SAS/access for RDBMS? > Ya, here at SAS Mecca a number of folks use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB to access and crunch data stored in SQL Server databases. Seeing as you do not have SAS/Access to MS SQL, perhaps you have one of the aforementioned products... If so, then you should be good-to-go. If not, then it is time for Plan B... which will require the presence of your company's accountants:-( Ya, best of luck in all of your SAS endeavors! I hope that this suggestion proves helpful now, and in the future! Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performan...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #6
Given that you have SAS/Access to Oracle, how about buying Oracle :-) Seriously, it is not that expensive anymore. The other option I suppose would be to export SQL Server files as Excel spreadsheets or tab-delimited files, then run your SAS from those, but it would be tricky to do that. One trick might be to see if you could do a data link into an Excel spreadsheet to make that your front-end to the SQL tables that you want to use, then use the Excel methods of importing to SAS. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ya Huang" <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:00 PM Subject: Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? > Thanks Michael, > > But SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB are also need to be > licensed right? Looks like we don't have them either. Are there other > options? > > > On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:37:28 -0400, Michael Raithel > <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM> wrote: > >>Dear SAS-L-ers, >> >>Ya Huang posted this interesting question: >> >>> Hi there, >>> >>> I ran proc setinit and see we have SAS/ACCESS Interface to >>> ORACLE, but not MS SQL server. Does it mean we need to pay >>> the license of SQL server in order to access SQL server? I >>> see people sometimes simply say "SAS/access for RDBMS", does >>> it mean all RDBMS ...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #4
Thanks Mary, We have SAS/Access to Oracle, because we need to access some oracle database from our partner. We don't have Oracle in house. We have SQL Server though. Actually, I would like to transfer SAS data to SQL server. I googled around, it seems that I can create CSV file then 'BULK' load to SQL server. -----Original Message----- From: Mary [mailto:mlhoward@avalon.net] Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:11 PM To: Huang, Ya; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? Given that you have SAS/Access to Oracle, how about buying Oracle :-) Seriously, it is not that expensive anymore. The other option I suppose would be to export SQL Server files as Excel spreadsheets or tab-delimited files, then run your SAS from those, but it would be tricky to do that. One trick might be to see if you could do a data link into an Excel spreadsheet to make that your front-end to the SQL tables that you want to use, then use the Excel methods of importing to SAS. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ya Huang" <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:00 PM Subject: Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? > Thanks Michael, > > But SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB are also need to be > licensed right? Looks like we don't have them either. Are there other > options? > > > On Tue, 28 Ap...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #2
The way they do this is pretty confusing (at least to me). But my understanding is that the Access products are licensed separately. The terminology "SAS/Access for RDBMS" is an all encompassing term to describe the product line and not the components of the product line. Many shops will license ODBC or OLE DB to access databases in a more generic way. Access for Oracle and Access for SQL Server are (I think) "native" drivers. I've never seen much difference in performance between native, OLE DB and ODBC to be honest. Finally, you can get a complete set of Access drivers for WPS as part of the base product. In other words, you don't have to pay additional fees to access the databases with WPS. The list of drivers for WPS can be found at: http://www.teamwpc.co.uk/products/wps/features/data_access Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ya Huang Sent: 04/28/2009 3:03 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? Hi there, I ran proc setinit and see we have SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE, but not MS SQL server. Does it mean we need to pay the license of SQL server in order to access SQL server? I see people sometimes simply say "SAS/access for RDBMS", does it mean all RDBMS (Orac...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #3
Thanks Michael, But SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB are also need to be licensed right? Looks like we don't have them either. Are there other options? On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:37:28 -0400, Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM> wrote: >Dear SAS-L-ers, > >Ya Huang posted this interesting question: > >> Hi there, >> >> I ran proc setinit and see we have SAS/ACCESS Interface to >> ORACLE, but not MS SQL server. Does it mean we need to pay >> the license of SQL server in order to access SQL server? I >> see people sometimes simply say "SAS/access for RDBMS", does >> it mean all RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL etc.) are >> under one umbrella, so that you only need to pay SAS/access for RDBMS? >> >Ya, here at SAS Mecca a number of folks use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB to access and crunch data stored in SQL Server databases. Seeing as you do not have SAS/Access to MS SQL, perhaps you have one of the aforementioned products... If so, then you should be good- to-go. If not, then it is time for Plan B... which will require the presence of your company's accountants:-( > >Ya, best of luck in all of your SAS endeavors! > > >I hope that this suggestion proves helpful now, and in the future! > >Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or meth...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #5
Dear SAS-L-ers, Power poster Ya Huang penned the following reply to my own posting: > > Thanks Michael, > > But SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB are also need > to be licensed right? Looks like we don't have them either. > Are there other options? > Ya, yes; you are right. You would have to license either one or the other of those SAS/Access products. I am sorry to read that you do not have them. Short of asking a SQL Server programmer/DBA to dump tables to a flat file, I do not have any ideas. Ya, best of luck with this bummer of a situation! I hope that this suggestion proves helpful now, and in the future! Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the MVS Environment Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the OS/390 and z/OS Environments, Second Edition http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=58172 Author: The Complete Guide to SAS Indexes http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?ca...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Re: SAS macro and SAS Proc SQL
Hi Mini, For SAS macros, I'd highly recommend "Carpenter's Complete Guide to the Macro Language" by Art Carpenter (http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=59224). Hope this helps, Nancy Nancy Brucken brucken@provide.net On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:04:53 -0700, Mini <minzheng@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Any one have some books recommended for learning SAS macros and SAS >Proc SQL? Thanks. ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Re: SAS and MS Access
If you don't then you could perhaps consider bolting on your own JDBC interface in Java? (JDBC is free SAS ACCESS to PC is not...) On Thu, 6 May 2004 07:27:13 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?q?Ari=20Toikka?= <toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote: >Hi, > >if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed, >you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data) >You can then save the generated program, which >might look for example like this: > >Proc import out = sasuser.test > datatable="h456test" > dbms =ACCESS97 replace; > DATABASE="T:\h345test.mdb"; >run; >If you have columns in MS Access having a length over 1024 characters, >you have to add: > >Memosize=xxxxxxx ; /* xxxxx=the maximum length */ > >Ari Toikka >Statistics Finland > > > > > > >Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. > >Thanks >Peter. > > >--------------------------------- > Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ...

MS/ACCESS file convert to SAS file, but log said: invalid header
I use PC SAS import to read in a MS/ACCESS data and converted it into SAS data in PC. I transfered it to UNIX to run my code. But the log in said: "invalid header". Since PC SAS had no problem to run and output a PROC CONTENTS list, I am confussed by this error. Why a MS/ACCESS data converted by PC SAS can not be read in UNIX SAS? ...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

Re: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
XML, OleDb driver for SAS (free), ODBC driver from SAS (free). SAS/Access is only required to get data from a source, not the other way around. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:50 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for this. ...

Web resources about - Re: How to access a MS SQL file in SAS? - comp.soft-sys.sas

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Ankara court bans Facebook and Twitter access - Business Insider
Turkey last year blocked access to Twitter over the sharing of photographs of a prosecutor being held at gunpoint by far-left militants.

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...