  From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20
  To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM
  Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name =
which has more than 32 characters?

  Dear All,

              Happy New Year ,

   Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS
  Access
  table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5
  databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I
  don't want to rename manually the table names.

  Please find the program below.

  Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

  Jean Baptiste

  The program:

  - - -

  options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ;

  libname DBsource access 'S:\Data
  Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007
  Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb';

  /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */

  data* pedResultadd ;

  set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep =3D

  testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text

  );
  *

  run*;

  - - - The log - -

  1636

  1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */

  1638

  1639 data pedResultadd ;

  1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep =3D

  ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name.

  1641

  1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text

  1643 );

  Jean Baptiste,

  ---

  Jean Baptiste KAMGANG,

  Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon

  US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

  Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa

  E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov.

  Tel: + 237 3 335 1690

  Fax: + 237  3 335 1692

  Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14