Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)

The answer is given here:
Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using
SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver
http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html

Regards

Dietrich

--
 DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med.
 Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)"

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the progra...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

RE: How can I access data from MS Access?
Peter, I sadly admit that I was wrong. "Doesn't seem to work" is effectivly even more useless than "doesn't work". I give up. Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. On 5 Feb, 19:40, "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org> wrote: > Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center > with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. I used to use a cross-compiler (targetting some obscure single-c...

Re: SAS and MS Access
If you don't then you could perhaps consider bolting on your own JDBC interface in Java? (JDBC is free SAS ACCESS to PC is not...) On Thu, 6 May 2004 07:27:13 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?q?Ari=20Toikka?= <toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote: >Hi, > >if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed, >you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data) >You can then save the generated program, which >might look for example like this: > >Proc import out = sasuser.test > datatable="h456test" > dbms =ACCESS97 replace; > DATABASE="T:\h345t...

Accessing Access

Re: SAS and MS Access #2
On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:33:43 -0400, Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote: >Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. Hi, Peter, If you have SAS/Access OLE DB, then it gives you more control. The following code shows that you can use an access table as if it is a sas dataset. If field name has embedded blanks, you can use something like, 'field name'n as the variable name. dbmax_text dataset opti...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Re: MS Access 2003: Linked Tables
Dear Informixers, a while ago I posted a question about a problem linking IDS 7.31UD8 tables into MS Access 2003 using the Informix ODBC driver from I-Connect 2.81TC3. This driver is in the file "iclit09b.dll" in the INFORMIXDIR\bin directory and has version # 3.82.0.11811. In the meantime, I found that the ODBC driver from the previous Connect version 2.81TC2 works; it has version # 3.82.0.11600. Just copying the older dll over the newer one did the job. I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... Regards, Richard Richard Spitz wrote: > I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and > supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this > group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 > program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, > from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume > that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... I don't use the ODBC drivers with Access so can't comment on your original problem. I somewhat agree with the sentiment about CSDK. We have a serious ...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #5
I suspect that you don't need a "slightly" different approach. You probably need a significantly different one. Wide tables are clumsy to work with in SAS, but I think in Access the problems will be much more severe. I would think that the occasion of a port from one platform to another provides the opportunity to reshape and streamline. You will probably find it easier to do this before porting, rather than after. On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:26:21 -0800, David Neal <afdbn@UAA.ALASKA.EDU> wrote: >Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the datasets are quite wide. One >o...

Re: synchronizing MS access and postgresql tables
The big gotcha on linked tables in Access is that Access will "Background f= etch" the entire table of any objects that reference that table on an open = form. They try to throttle it so you won't notice, but you might. Also, if you have Access queries that reference linked tables, Access will = fetch the entire contents of all referenced tables before performing any jo= ins/restrictions. That can really suck. Another poster alluded to this when they suggested moving objects into Post= gresql. Things like views. It works fine, generally. Expect lots of harmless ...

Re: Newbie
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:09:45 GMT, Zalek Bloom <ZalekBloom@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am learning SAS and want to create a report from an Access table. >Can sameone post a sample of a such program? >Thanks, > >Zalek Hi, Zalek, How about this one? The final.mdb has a table called FinalStatus. The following makes a frequency table of the [status] field in the table. Cheers, Chang libname final oledb provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" properties=('Data Source'='c:\final.mdb') preserve_tab_names=yes ; proc freq data=final.FinalStatus(dbm...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #4
MS Access also has a CAPTION field that behaves more like a SAS variable label. However, I have not found a way to write to that field from SAS. Ed Edward Heaton, SAS Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Owned Research Corporation), 1600 Research Boulevard, RW-3541, Rockville, MD 20850-3195 Voice: (301) 610-4818 Fax: (301) 610-5128 mailto:EdHeaton@Westat.com http://www.Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:21 ...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #7
David, I believe SQL Server Express (which is free) can handle 1024 columns. You may want to consider that approach if you have to move it anyway. Thanks, Alan Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Neal Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:54 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: MS Access and SAS datasets You are right, the "slightly" was an understatement on my part.(I guess I was being nice.) I believe ACCESS is limited to 256 (or 255 I forget which) column...

Re: How to access a MS SQL file in SAS?
Are you opening your .csv file with Excel? that would truncate the number of records. You may want to create a libname for the SQL table or use Proc SQL pass-through. You'll need the SAS Access for your database, such as SAS Access for Relational Databases to use ODBC. If you create a libname for the table you can read it directly in either a datastep or Proc Sql using SAS commands. If you use Proc SQL pass-through you will need to be aware of how Transact SQL works and you'll need an odbc connection. Example: Pass-through where yourdatasourcename, etc are the names of the database ...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #6
You are right, the "slightly" was an understatement on my part.(I guess I was being nice.) I believe ACCESS is limited to 256 (or 255 I forget which) columns so I am required to do a bit of reshaping anyway. I will be working with(reshaping) the data in SAS and then move it into ACCESS. I feel much more comfortable tweaking it in SAS and then moving it to ACCESS. David -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 5:26 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: R...

Re: deleting records from MS Access table
Jeremy: Would you consider a slightly different strategy? - copy the metadata shell of the table; - delete the table; - rename the empty shell of the table to the name of the original table; - append the new data to the shell. The SQL create table new like old; copies the shell of the table. The DROP TABLE old; query deletes the old table. CREATE TABLE old FROM new; renames the new table. Enclose the queries that operate on metadata (do not yield a tabular object) in an EXECUTE() function. I suspect that this strategy will work faster than one that requires deletions at the row ...

Re: MS Access
Hit Send too fast. Forgot to mention that these are all licensed: ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to SYBASE ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...

Re: Convert Access Datetime to SAS Datetime when Access data type #4
don't know what you have in ACCESS, but you should not mix DATE and DATETIME! The one is a number=days from 01jan1960, the other is SECONDS since 01jan1960:00:00:00. In your code you use FLOOR which seems to be a thing with 0.123 seconds (?) to cut the 0.123 off. That seems to be really a DATETIME value (DATE values are integers without fraction). Together with "30dec1899"d (a date- constant=days) that is nonsense. I think adding "30dec1899:00:00:00"dt might be better. What I'd do: store the datetime 01jan1960:00:00:00 in ACCESS and have a look what is the number...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export
Bill, proc export data=sasuser.cust outtable="customers" dbms=access97 replace; database="c:\myfiles\mydatabase.mdb"; run; HTH Toby Dunn -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 2:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and agai...

Web resources about - Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects) - comp.soft-sys.sas

Microsoft Edge Browser Forensics – Exploring Project Spartan
Formerly known as Internet Explorer and then as Project Spartan, Microsoft Edge Browser has evolved a lot. From the User Interface to the technology ...