Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements

You could use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF ?!

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Lei Zhang [mailto:lzhang9830@YAHOO.COM]
Envoy� : lundi 23 mai 2005 15:16
� : SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Objet : How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements?

Hi All,
    Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using
SAS statements, or within SAS system?  Any suggestion will be very
welcome. Thanks.

LZ

Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements?
Richard, If one has office and one has the full Adobe PDF program there use to be a button that was on one of tool bars that would convert a word document into a PDF with one click of the mouse. Toby Dunn From: "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM> Reply-To: "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:05:27 -0400 lzhang9830@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by > using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be > very welcome. Thanks. If the RTF is created from inside SAS, use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF. When the RTF is created outside of SAS, figure out how to convert it outside of SAS (a google for {convert rtf pdf} should give you about a million hits). Once you figure that out, use the SAS X command to run the external converter from within SAS. OpenOffice is one way to externally pdf'isize an rtf. See http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3772, "How to convert Word -> PDF from the command line" To use it from SAS you would have something like ------------------- options noxwait xsync xmin; %SYSEXEC "c:\program files\OpenOffice.org1.1.0\program\soffice" -headless "macro:///MyLibrary.Conversion.ConvertRtfToPdf(myFile.rtf)" -------------...

Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? #2
If you have Word and Acrobat, use DDE to drive Word. On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:15:33 -0700, Lei Zhang <lzhang9830@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using >SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be very >welcome. Thanks. > >LZ ...

How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements?
Hi All, Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be very welcome. Thanks. LZ You could use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF ?! -----Message d'origine----- De : Lei Zhang [mailto:lzhang9830@YAHOO.COM] Envoy� : lundi 23 mai 2005 15:16 � : SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Objet : How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? Hi All, Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be very welcome. Thanks. LZ lzhang9830@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by > using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be > very welcome. Thanks. If the RTF is created from inside SAS, use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF. When the RTF is created outside of SAS, figure out how to convert it outside of SAS (a google for {convert rtf pdf} should give you about a million hits). Once you figure that out, use the SAS X command to run the external converter from within SAS. OpenOffice is one way to externally pdf'isize an rtf. See http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3772, "How to convert Word -> PDF from the command line" To use it from SAS you would have something like ------------------- options noxwait xsync xmin; %SYSEXEC "c:\program files\OpenOffice.org1.1.0\program\soffice" -headless...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you want to do such simple things like you wrote, avoid any %INC or %MACRO things! It is far more readable, if you don't use %INCLUDES. What do you think, that data-step will do: data a; %inc(inc1); %inc(inc2); %inc(inc3); run; ??? instead of: data a; set sashelp.class; if age>11 then age=11; keep name age; run; Gerhard On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 01:42:03 -0700, Joep Steeman <jsteeman@BUSINESSDECISION.COM> wrote: >On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: >> Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck >> with the usual help sources. >> >> I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For >> example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 >> invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. >> >> So sas file 1 looks like this... >> &g...

Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file?
Miranda - What application is a .v5x file? Are saying a SAS v5.18 file? Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: miranda [mailto:mixiao@UCLA.EDU] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Hi , Does anyone know how to alter SAS 8.2 data files to .v5x files? Thanks. ...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier �lectronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm�diatement, par retour de courrier �lectronique ou par un autre moyen. ...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? #2
As of version 7 SAS libraries were not backwards compatible (for writing) with version 5. If you have a third party application that needs a SASv5.18 file then you'll need to export from SAS to a different compatible filetype from that era such as CSV, WK1, or dbase that your application can import. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: Choate, Paul@DDS [mailto:pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:36 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Miranda - What application is a .v5x file? Are saying a SAS v5.18 file? Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: miranda [mailto:mixiao@UCLA.EDU] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Hi , Does anyone know how to alter SAS 8.2 data files to .v5x files? Thanks. ...

Re: MS/ACCESS file convert to SAS file,
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:24:01 -0500, Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I use PC SAS import to read in a MS/ACCESS data and converted it into >SAS data in PC. I transfered it to UNIX to run my code. But the log in >said: "invalid header". Since PC SAS had no problem to run and output >a PROC CONTENTS list, I am confussed by this error. Why a MS/ACCESS >data converted by PC SAS can not be read in UNIX SAS? My hunch is that it has nothing to do with MS/ACCESS. Are you sure that you are using the appropriate engine for your UNIX platform? On the PC, try data MYLIB.class; set sashelp.class; run; where MYLIB is the same library you use for the data imported from MS/ACCESS. Then transfer mylib.class to the UNIX machine the same way you transferred the first data set. See how that works. ...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file
Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, skip over the second to fourth line, and continue to convert the fifth till the end. Does anybody have any idea ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #2
My 2p: data i; retain name_part value_part; infile 'c:\temp\sas.txt' dlm = "|}|" /*JUNK DELIMETER.*/ dsd missover lrecl = 440; informat text $440. value_part $422. name_part $28.; input text; if 2 < _N_ < 9 then delete; if text ^ = ""; if text =:"Notes: Spoke with" then text = tranwrd(text,"re:Patient","re.Patient"); name_part = trim(left(scan(text,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(text,2,':'))); if text=:"Notes: Spoke" then value_part = trim(left(value_part)) || " " || "thx"; if ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #3
Thanks for answering my question, that has been solved. Thanks! Nancy "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@russell.com> wrote: Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, ...

Re: CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hi ... just one suggestion (addition) to the code put _all_; writes values preceded by the variable names, plus the SAS automatic variables data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put _all_; run; Name=Alfred Sex=M Age=14 Height=69 Weight=112.5 _ERROR_=0 _N_=1 Name=Alice Sex=F Age=13 Height=56.5 Weight=84 _ERROR_=0 _N_=2 make one addition ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put (_all_) (:); run; Alfred M 14.0 69.0 112.5 Alice F 13.0 56.5 84.0 and another idea ... if you want the data aligned in columns ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); pu...

Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.
SASuser.co.kr a �crit : > Hi ALL, > > Would you reply the question of subject? > > If yes, would you explain the method for convert? > > Thanks. > > Chulgyu > > Yes, With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4 with proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run; The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct (a missing ; at the end) In the case of sas, you may see if in your work , you have a new formats catalog and see if in your new sas file the correct formats are written in the the data; (It is not always the case). I am just now working with one case of this kind to understand why the produced formats names were erroneous and affected to the next variable. HTH Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE ...

How to convert rtf file output(already exist) into any image file using SAS
Hi Friends How to convert rtf file output(already exist) into any image file using SAS Let know the solution On Feb 4, 10:30=A0am, Satya <kondal4u...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Friends > > How to convert rtf file output(already exist) =A0into any image file > using SAS > > Let know the solution You have been given good advice on what RTF is. In .NET you can convert RTF to PDF if that is your desire but you do need to get out of using SAS for this conversion. What do you want to do with it? A little bit of information would help. Alan http://www.savian.net ...

running a sas file within a sas file
Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck with the usual help sources. I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. So sas file 1 looks like this... data data; x = 2; ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** run; Thanks!!! On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: > Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck > with the usual help sources. > > I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For > example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 > invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. > > So sas file 1 looks like this... > > data data; > x = 2; > ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** > run; > > Thanks!!! Here is a way. sas file 2 saved as your_file_location\inclfile2.sas: y = 3; sas file 1: data test; x = 2; %include 'your_file_location\inclfile2.sas'; put (_all_ ) (=); run; One could think macro, which could operate in much the same way, but can be more flexible. %macro setvar(v=y); &v = 3; %mend setvar; sas file 1: data test; x = 2; %setvar(v=z); put (_all_ ) (=); run; There are other ways as well. My question would be: why would you want this and in this way? Regards, Joep ...

Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF #2
Thanks. This method works. But I need convert a lots of SAS files=2C so it = is better to complete this job in batch process. I have tried a2ps=2C but it's syntax highlight is not so good as SAS's. =20 > Date: Thu=2C 7 May 2009 16:36:43 -0400 > From: ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM > Subject: Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > Open SAS and MS Word=2C highlight all source code from SAS enhanced edito= r=2C > then copy/paste to Word. From Word=2C print to PDF printer=2C which assum= e you > have Acrobat installed. >=20 > On Thu=2C 7 ...

Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF #5
That would produce a PDF but without syntax highlighting provided by the EE. On 5/7/09, Mary <mlhoward@avalon.net> wrote: > I wonder if you could read your SAS source file into a data set with one > field maybe 150 characters wide, then you could use ODS to PDF around a put > or proc print to convert it to a PDF. > > -Mary > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Lei Wang" <lwang2002@MSN.COM> > To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:44 PM > Subject: Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF > > > Thanks. Th...

Re: Convert PDF into Excel or SAS file #4
Another free option in terms of conversion software is the pair of programs offered by NLM available at http://docmorph.nlm.nih.gov/docmorph/default.htm One is for use on the web; the other you download. Very handy when you are traveling/not at your own computer. Docmorph converts PDF to text. Then you would need to read the text-only file into Excel/SAS/whatever. Same accuracy limitations as Ghostscript, Adobe Acrobat. I've used the web version with good results. -Laurel Copeland, Audie Murphy VAMC, San Antonio, Texas ...

Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF #7
The problem is that SAS editor cannot print file with syntax highlight, while other editor such as notepad++, ultraedit cannot highlight the SAS code correctly as SAS editor. If using those editor, I need to revise the source file, move some * ; commments to /* */ and customize their syntax hightlight file. Finally I decide to complete my job using cut/paste and employing MS word then print to PDF. Thanks all. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Dale McLerran Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:26 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ...

Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF #8
dm 'inc _program_.sas'; dm wedit 'edcmd selectall; wcopy' wedit; These commands may help you save a few keystrokes. On 5/7/09, Lei Wang <lwang2002@msn.com> wrote: > The problem is that SAS editor cannot print file with syntax highlight, > while other editor such as notepad++, ultraedit cannot highlight the SAS > code correctly as SAS editor. If using those editor, I need to revise the > source file, move some * ; commments to /* */ and customize their syntax > hightlight file. Finally I decide to complete my job using cut/paste and > employing MS word then print to PDF. > > Thanks all. > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Dale > McLerran > Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:26 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Convert SAS source file to PDF > > I would suggest looking into CUTEPDF. CUTEPDF is a (free) printer > driver which produces a pdf file from any Windows application. > > There are a couple of issues in using CUTEPDF. First, I don't > know how one would batch the entire process (opening SAS > interactively so that syntax highlighting is employed and > then submitting the SAS program window to the CUTEPDF printer). > Also, the output produced by CUTEPDF does not produce a file > which is searchable. That is, CUTEPDF does not render text > but pixels. Which rather leads to a final issue ...

Re: Convert PDF into Excel or SAS file #3
Xiaobing, I have struggled with this a couple of times. It all depends upon how the file was originally formatted (columns, tables, etc.). If the file has only one column (did not follow SUGI guidelines), you can convert from PDF to TXT and read the txt file into SAS. This can be extremely accurate and is a fairly simple process (I can send you sample code). If the PDF has two or more columns, I suggest that you "cut and past" to Excel. The reason is that converting the file combines the columns and often mixes the data. If the PDF has multiple columns, it "MAY" be possible to convert it to MS Word with Adobe Distiller/Professional, convert multiple columns to one and then convert that to text to be read into SAS. This is a messy process and greatly increases the chance of loosing data integrity. My $.02, Gary -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Xiaobing Fang Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 9:54 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Convert PDF into Excel or SAS file Hi, I have tables in PDF file and would like to input them into SAS for analysis. Does anyone have the experience of converting PDF into Excel or SAS? Which software? How accurate? Thanks. Xiaobing ---------------------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, di...

Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________...

Web resources about - Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements - comp.soft-sys.sas

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from June 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Trump Clarifies “Islam Hates Us” Statement
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. – March 10, 2016 – Republican frontrunner Donald Trump issued a clarification on a controversial statement he made during ...

Update — Breitbart News Statement: Trump Claim About Michelle Fields ‘Contradicts the Evidence’
Update Breitbart News Statement: Trump Claim About Michelle Fields 'Contradicts the Evidence'

read Richard Hell's statement on Ivan Julian ahead of cancer benefit show
"It’s horrible that he has to suffer some terribly painful, life-threatening illness, and have it ravage him financially as well. American barbarism. ...

Florida governor kicked off 'Morning Joe' after dodging questions about Trump's latest inflammatory statement ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott was kicked off of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday after he refused to directly answer a question about GOP frontrunner ...

FOMC Statement: No Change to Policy, Concern about Global developments
Note: Fewer rate hikes expected. FOMC Statement: Information received since the Federal Open Market Committee met in January suggests that economic ...

2-year yields hit 1 pct; Fed statement eyed
U.S. government debt prices traded lower as investors digested economic data while awaiting the end of the latest Fed meeting.

IOC welcomes 'strong statement' by Putin on doping
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — The IOC says it welcomes the "strong statement" by Russian President Vladimir Putin calling for tougher action against ...

Donald Trump’s Sweeping Statements On Islam Are In Line With GOP Opinions
“I think Islam hates us.” That’s the sweeping statement Donald Trump made Wednesday, after CNN’s Anderson Cooper asked him whether the religion ...