From: miranda [mailto:mixiao@UCLA.EDU]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:05 PM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file?

Hi ,
Does anyone know how to alter SAS 8.2 data files to .v5x files?
Thanks.
0
pchoate (2538)

Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? #2
As of version 7 SAS libraries were not backwards compatible (for writing) with version 5. If you have a third party application that needs a SASv5.18 file then you'll need to export from SAS to a different compatible filetype from that era such as CSV, WK1, or dbase that your application can import. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: Choate, Paul@DDS [mailto:pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:36 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Miranda - What application is a .v5x file? Are saying a SAS v5.18 file? Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: miranda [mailto:mixiao@UCLA.EDU] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Hi , Does anyone know how to alter SAS 8.2 data files to .v5x files? Thanks. ...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you want to do such simple things like you wrote, avoid any %INC or %MACRO things! It is far more readable, if you don't use %INCLUDES. What do you think, that data-step will do: data a; %inc(inc1); %inc(inc2); %inc(inc3); run; ??? instead of: data a; set sashelp.class; if age>11 then age=11; keep name age; run; Gerhard On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 01:42:03 -0700, Joep Steeman <jsteeman@BUSINESSDECISION.COM> wrote: >On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: >> Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck >> with the usual help sources. >> >> I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For >> example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 >> invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. >> >> So sas file 1 looks like this... >> &g...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier �lectronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm�diatement, par retour de courrier �lectronique ou par un autre moyen. ...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

Re: MS/ACCESS file convert to SAS file,
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:24:01 -0500, Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I use PC SAS import to read in a MS/ACCESS data and converted it into >SAS data in PC. I transfered it to UNIX to run my code. But the log in >said: "invalid header". Since PC SAS had no problem to run and output >a PROC CONTENTS list, I am confussed by this error. Why a MS/ACCESS >data converted by PC SAS can not be read in UNIX SAS? My hunch is that it has nothing to do with MS/ACCESS. Are you sure that you are using the appropriate engine for your UNIX platform? On the PC, try data MYLIB.class; set sashelp.class; run; where MYLIB is the same library you use for the data imported from MS/ACCESS. Then transfer mylib.class to the UNIX machine the same way you transferred the first data set. See how that works. ...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements
You could use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF ?! -----Message d'origine----- De : Lei Zhang [mailto:lzhang9830@YAHOO.COM] Envoy� : lundi 23 mai 2005 15:16 � : SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Objet : How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? Hi All, Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be very welcome. Thanks. LZ ...

Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements?
Richard, If one has office and one has the full Adobe PDF program there use to be a button that was on one of tool bars that would convert a word document into a PDF with one click of the mouse. Toby Dunn From: "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM> Reply-To: "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:05:27 -0400 lzhang9830@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by > using SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be > very welcome. Thanks. If the RTF is created from inside SAS, use ODS PDF instead of ODS RTF. When the RTF is created outside of SAS, figure out how to convert it outside of SAS (a google for {convert rtf pdf} should give you about a million hits). Once you figure that out, use the SAS X command to run the external converter from within SAS. OpenOffice is one way to externally pdf'isize an rtf. See http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3772, "How to convert Word -> PDF from the command line" To use it from SAS you would have something like ------------------- options noxwait xsync xmin; %SYSEXEC "c:\program files\OpenOffice.org1.1.0\program\soffice" -headless "macro:///MyLibrary.Conversion.ConvertRtfToPdf(myFile.rtf)" -------------...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file
Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, skip over the second to fourth line, and continue to convert the fifth till the end. Does anybody have any idea ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #2
My 2p: data i; retain name_part value_part; infile 'c:\temp\sas.txt' dlm = "|}|" /*JUNK DELIMETER.*/ dsd missover lrecl = 440; informat text $440. value_part $422. name_part $28.; input text; if 2 < _N_ < 9 then delete; if text ^ = ""; if text =:"Notes: Spoke with" then text = tranwrd(text,"re:Patient","re.Patient"); name_part = trim(left(scan(text,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(text,2,':'))); if text=:"Notes: Spoke" then value_part = trim(left(value_part)) || " " || "thx"; if ...

Re: How to convert a RTF file into a PDF file with SAS statements? #2
If you have Word and Acrobat, use DDE to drive Word. On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:15:33 -0700, Lei Zhang <lzhang9830@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > Does anyone know how to convert a RTf file into a PDF file by using >SAS statements, or within SAS system? Any suggestion will be very >welcome. Thanks. > >LZ ...

Re: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file #3
Thanks for answering my question, that has been solved. Thanks! Nancy "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@russell.com> wrote: Hi, I'm not sure what all converting or parsing you want to do but here is a method of fetching the parts and pieces. If you need more help, hollar again... * read flat file varying length ; data thedata(drop=pline); length pline $2000 name_part $100 value_part $1000; infile 'c:\temp\myfile.txt' length=lenvar; input @1 pline $varying. lenvar; if pline eq '' then delete; name_part = trim(left(scan(pline,1,':'))); value_part = trim(left(scan(pline,2,':'))); run; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nancy Li Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help needed to convert text file to SAS file Dear all, I need help to convert the following text file to SAS file. There are two parts for each line which is divided by ':', the part before ':' will be the variable name and the part after ':' will be the value for the corresponding variable in the final SAS file. (Actually, there is only one line for HealthCoachNotes and Notes respectively in the text file). I want to ignore the second to fourth line, convert the first line, ...

running a sas file within a sas file
Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck with the usual help sources. I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. So sas file 1 looks like this... data data; x = 2; ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** run; Thanks!!! On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: > Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck > with the usual help sources. > > I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For > example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 > invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. > > So sas file 1 looks like this... > > data data; > x = 2; > ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** > run; > > Thanks!!! Here is a way. sas file 2 saved as your_file_location\inclfile2.sas: y = 3; sas file 1: data test; x = 2; %include 'your_file_location\inclfile2.sas'; put (_all_ ) (=); run; One could think macro, which could operate in much the same way, but can be more flexible. %macro setvar(v=y); &v = 3; %mend setvar; sas file 1: data test; x = 2; %setvar(v=z); put (_all_ ) (=); run; There are other ways as well. My question would be: why would you want this and in this way? Regards, Joep ...

Re: CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hi ... just one suggestion (addition) to the code put _all_; writes values preceded by the variable names, plus the SAS automatic variables data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put _all_; run; Name=Alfred Sex=M Age=14 Height=69 Weight=112.5 _ERROR_=0 _N_=1 Name=Alice Sex=F Age=13 Height=56.5 Weight=84 _ERROR_=0 _N_=2 make one addition ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put (_all_) (:); run; Alfred M 14.0 69.0 112.5 Alice F 13.0 56.5 84.0 and another idea ... if you want the data aligned in columns ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); pu...

Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.
SASuser.co.kr a �crit : > Hi ALL, > > Would you reply the question of subject? > > If yes, would you explain the method for convert? > > Thanks. > > Chulgyu > > Yes, With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4 with proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run; The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct (a missing ; at the end) In the case of sas, you may see if in your work , you have a new formats catalog and see if in your new sas file the correct formats are written in the the data; (It is not always the case). I am just now working with one case of this kind to understand why the produced formats names were erroneous and affected to the next variable. HTH Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE ...

Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________...

converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Hello All, Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. ...

Re: SAS file to SPSS file #3
Toby - I SPSS apparently reads an xport file, not a cport file - just use the xport engine: (found on SAS-L) libname tranfile xport 'c:\spss\tfile.dat' proc copy in=inlib out=tranfile memtype=data; select dfile; run; /* or however else you want to copy the data to the export library*/ In SPSS ------- get sas data='tfile.dat' hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: Toby Dunn [mailto:tdunn@OAKHILLTECH.COM] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS file to SPSS file Has or does, anyone done or know, if you can take a SAS dataset and send it out as a SPSS file. I should mention that I am using an os/390 system. (just gotta love that big iron). Thanks in Advance. Toby Dunn Also, I believe SPSS can read an Excel spreadsheet transparently, so to speak. So, using ODS to create and Excel spreadsheet may be a viable option. Jules Bosch www.JBCDA.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Choate, Paul@DDS Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:25 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS file to SPSS file Toby - I SPSS apparently reads an xport file, not a cport file - just use the xport engine: (found on SAS-L) libname tranfile xport 'c:\spss\tfile.dat' proc copy in=inlib out=tranfile memtype=data; select dfile; run; /* or however else you want to copy the data to the export library*/ In SPSS -...

Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can b
To SAS-Lers (specifically OpenVMS Users), Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is loaded into a single cell within Excel. To fix this problem, we are able to use an "Convert/FDL" th...

Re: sas data file --> excel file
I wrote a paper on doing this using Visual Studio Express for C# and reading the SAS dataset using OleDb. You can find the paper with step-by-step instructions here: http://www.savian.net/Utilities.aspx Several people have followed the steps with no issues. Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mindy Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:27 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: sas data file --> excel file Does any one know an easy way of transfer sas data file to excel file except EXPORT? we have DBMS engine, which is really easy to read excel file to SAS, but I don't know if that engine is helpful to export SAS data file to excel file. Any comments are welcome. Thanks. Mindy ...

Re: SAS file to SPSS file #4 1541682
Two ideas spring to mind... Can you bring across the CNTLOUT file from the format and then apply the information in SPSS? Or what about using the formats to create new formatted variables? Newvar=put(oldvar,$format.); Any other ideas? Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: edwardsm@UOGUELPH.CA [mailto:edwardsm@UOGUELPH.CA] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:44 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS file to SPSS file Good day all! I'd just like to add a little note to the transition from SAS to SPSS datafiles. We use DBMSengines here on Campus to move from SAS to SPSS... HOWEVER..... I have not found a way to maintain the library formats in SAS when moving to SPSS. I can select SPSS sav files or SPSS por files - either way it does not maintain the variable value labels. Has anyone else encountered this and maybe found a way around it? SAS suggested I tried DBMS Copy on my SUN system to accomplish this... Thanks, Michelle ___________________________________ A. Michelle Edwards, Ph.D. Academic Services, CCS Vehicle Services Bldg, University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1 PH: (519) 824-4120 Ext. 54539 FAX: (519) 767-1620 Email: edwardsm@uoguelph.ca ___________________________________ ...

Re: Exporting Sas file to a csv extension file
Randy, Remove the semicolon from the first line, plus you may need to add a dbms option. For example, try something like: proc export data = Datahave outfile = 'C:\dataneed.csv' DBMS=csv REPLACE; run; HTH, Art -------- On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:00:24 -0400, Randy <randistan69@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >I have to convert a sas data file to a csv format file >My code is > >proc export data = Datahave; >outfile = 'C:\dataneed.csv' ; >run; > >The log gives me an error message >ERROR: FILE= or TABLE= is required and must be specified. > >What is the mistake that I am making? ...

Re: View files with SAS extension in SAS explorer
The SAS explorer shows you sas datasets (.sas7bdat), not programs (.sas). Open program... wil let you open SAS programs (From the file menu). -Joe On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM, franwdwyer@googlemail.com < franwdwyer@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I'm just new to SAS and this list and have this question. > > If I create a new library in SAS Explorer and then I save some SAS > programs to it (.sas extension), how come I can't see these types of > file in the SAS Explorer? > > Thanks for any help, > > Fran > ...

Re: Opening non SAS files with BASE SAS ?
SYSTASK may be what you want. SYSTASK COMMAND "operating system-command" <WAIT | NOWAIT> <TASKNAME=taskname> <MNAME=name-var> <STATUS=stat-var> <SHELL<="shell-command">>; On 10/10/07, anderson115@gmail.com <anderson115@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a function that executes a non SAS file? > > I've written a macro that outputs a file with the extention SQL (EXE > would also be helpful). > > *.SQL files are associated with SQL server on my computer so I'd like > to make SAS execute this file so it triggers the SQL server program. > > Is this possible? > > Thank You, > Aaron > ...

Web resources about - Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? - comp.soft-sys.sas

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

The Galaxy S7 Edge may have just made me a Samsung convert
Historically, I've had a begrudging respect for Samsung flagships. I can objectively acknowledge the company makes very good, extremely popular ...

This modular robot tank converts into a tracked hoverboard
Filed under: Etc. , Videos , Autonomous , Military , Off-Road The unmanned vehicle is equal parts hoverboard and tank.