Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets

Lizette,

a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using?

Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9.

Robert Bardos
Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland

0
bardos2 (393)

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion
It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conversion to a format that SAS can read. Load your XML document and then have it convert it to a text or database. You would need the correct SAS/Access product to do the database import into SAS. If it is a 1 time thing, I can do the conversion. Contact me directly if interested. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tenny kurian Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:25 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. ...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #2
A correction. The initial post asked: "Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment?" If there is no SAS at all in a particular shop, then there is no way to do this conversion. If access to SAS is available via IOM then there are ways. What "environment" means becomes the question. If a shop can simply convert into a compatible SAS XML format that is a possibility. The other is to convert it into a delimited file or get it into a database that a SAS shop can read. The SAS dataset layout is binary and unknown. You could put it into a SAS transport file as well since that layout is known. I do not know of any tool, though, that can take XML and convert it into a transport file. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: Alan Churchill [mailto:savian001@gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:38 AM To: 'tenny kurian'; 'SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU' Subject: RE: XML data to SAS data set converstion It depends on the XML document. What is the complexity and what O/S are you running on? I have built utilities for doing XML to SAS conversion. You would need to use a .NET language and consume the dll. The tool can be found at: http://utilities.savian.net Look for Data Management Utilities. You could also try my XML to delimited and see if that works for you. I haven't touched it in a few years so let me know if does not work. For other tools, buy XmlSpy and do a conv...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #3
Since a SAS dataset is not much good without SAS - unless your intent is to read it using something like StatTransfer, one would assume that the eventual target is for the data to be input into SAS. There are a couple of other possibilities. It would be possible to write a script in the language of your choice to pull the data from the XML file and also write data step code to read it. Another possibility would be to write an XMLMap file (another XML file) to describe how the transformation from the XML data file into one or more datasets is to be done. Since the XMLMap file is just another XML file it could be generated by an XML editor, a text editor, or the appropriate script. The SAS XML engine can use this XMLMAP file to read the original XML data file as if it were a SAS library. The XMLMAP file only needs to be created once to describe the transformation from a particular flavor of XML file (having a particular schema or DTD) to a particular set of SAS datasets. A single XML file can represent a collection of data that could be awkward to use in a single table, as in the case of a whole collection of tables from a relational database dumped into one XML file. While you could represent the XML file as a table with a column for the XPATH and a column for the content of that element or attribute, that would not necessarily be the best representation for working with the data. Instead, an XMLMAP file can direct the SAS XML engine to create a collection of tables. L...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #4
Excel 2007 can definately read XML; one simple solution would be to read = your data into Excel 2007, then have SAS import the Excel spreadsheet. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: tenny kurian=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:24 AM Subject: XML data to SAS data set converstion Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS = environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to = SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know = how. ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Create SAS dataset from C# data table or data set
Mike, Read my paper on how to create your first .net app on sascommunity.org for how to read a SAS dataset. There are a lot of nuances though. Watch out for formats. Yes, you can stream the graph. Have SAS gen it then read it as binary. Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mike Durbin Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:59 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Create SAS dataset from C# data table or data set SAS-L, We are evaluating SAS/Integration Technologies and have what we think should be straight forward question. How can I have .Net create or update a SAS dataset on our backend SAS AIX server? Also, if the backend SAS server creates a graph can I stream it to the C# client server application? Thanks in advance for all your advice, Mike Durbin Hi, I try to integrate C#.Net with SAS using COM. I used the FlustList() function to get output from SAS. Is there option to capture SAS output variables into dotnet Dataset?? Thanks in advance. Regards., Sabari.V ...

Re: Compressing data sets (was Re: [SAS-L])
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:14:02 -0700, Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote: >OK, "you or a program on your behalf will have to decompress them before >use". > > > >-- >JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com >Manager, Technical Development >Metrics Department, First Health >West Sacramento, California USA > >>>> "Richard Graham" <richardwgraham@earthlink.net> 01/05/2004 5:04 PM >>>> >Actually you can compress(WINZIP, PKZIP) SAS data sets and use them in >the >compressed format. There is software...

XML data to SAS data set converstion
Hi, Is it possible to convert an XML data to SAS data set without a SAS environment? 1. If yes please send me details about that tool? 2. If not, suggestions requested about the best tool for XML to SAS data set conversion. Thanks, TK --------------------------------- Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. ...

Re: Compressing data sets (was Re: [SAS-L]) #2
OK, "you or a program on your behalf will have to decompress them before use". -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA >>> "Richard Graham" <richardwgraham@earthlink.net> 01/05/2004 5:04 PM >>> Actually you can compress(WINZIP, PKZIP) SAS data sets and use them in the compressed format. There is software named ZipMagic which allows zip files to be used as windows folders. I have done this with mixed results when the underlying data set is upwards of 4GB. Bu...

Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com
Need SAS Data Integration Consultant with SAS Data Integration Studio, Base SAS, SAS macros and SQL experience for a 9 months project at Charlotte NC, please send resumes to kamesh@kmmtechnologies.com ...

Web resources about - Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets - comp.soft-sys.sas

Separate system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Separate system is a form of prison management based on the principle of keeping prisoners in solitary confinement . When first introduced ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook tests ‘Pages Feed’ so fans can see all updates in separate stream
Some Facebook users are seeing a separate “ Pages Feed ” where they can view all the updates from pages they Like in a single stream. This seems ...

Startup Founders and Entrepreneurs : What separates the top 10% of startup CEOs from the rest?
Answer (1 of 55): I've interviewed thousands of CEOs and some things that stand out to me: 1. Good at hiring AND firing. Whenever you find a ...

J is for Jettison, how Orion safely separates its elements during space flight. - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
Once Orion reaches orbit, its Launch Abort System is jettisoned or discarded, releasing the spacecraft into space. Prior to re-entry, the service ...

Separate entry for Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians and citizens of other Realms at Heathrow ...
Andrew Rosindell MP introduces his private members bill on 11 July 2012 in the House of Commons to cure ' a great constitutional injustice'. ...

Two die in separate Victorian truck collisions
A man has died in a crash involving a sheep truck on the Western Highway west of Ballarat and another man has died when his car and a truck collided ...

Orica to separate chemical arm
Group eyes potential $1bn demerger as it narrows focus on mining services business.

Fire crews investigate three separate housefires overnight
Fire crews are investigating the causes of three separate house fires in Melbourne overnight which resulted in close to $300,000 worth of damage. ...

One toddler dead and another critical after separate Sydney backyard pool incidents - DailyTelegraph ...
A MOTHER is grieving after losing her baby boy to a tragic backyard incident in Western Sydney yesterday.