Re: how to generate an array in sas?

lixiaoyao5880@YAHOO.COM wrote:
>   how to generate a array in sas,I want an array from 1 to 508.

I'm sorry, but I can't tell whatyou're after.

Are you trying to create one record with numbers from 1 to 508, in variables
that
have names like, say, V1 to V508?

  array vv{508} v1-v508;
  do _i = 1 to dim(vv);
    vv{_i} = _i;
    end;

Or are you trying to create records which are numbered from 1 to 508?

  do reccount = 1 to 508;
    output;
    run;

In SAS, the word ARRAY has a specific meaning in the data step.  But in lots
of
other places, 'array' means something else.  Could you write back and be
more
specific?

David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

davidlcassell (5568)

  hi david
  Thanks a lot,I just send you an email,could you please answer my
question? Thanks a lot