Re: How to set up autoexec.sas in SAS/Intrnet?

You might want to specify your autoexec.sas program on the REQUEST INIT= parm of PROC APPSRV.

-----Original Message-----
From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of SQLi
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 1:25 PM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: How to set up autoexec.sas in SAS/Intrnet?

Hi SAS-Lers:  I have trouble setting up autoexec.sas in SAS/intrnet.
autoexec.sas is not processed.  I heard that this is a 'function' of
SAS. Then, how to activate the items within an autoexec.sas?  Thanks.

Stan

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier �lectronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm�diatement, par retour de courrier �lectronique ou par un autre moyen.

Harry is correct that you need to use the REQUEST INIT option of PROC
APPSRV.

By and large virtually all settings specified in an autoexec.sas file to not
apply to sessions created for user requests. If you want to run a piece of
code before every user request, point to the code (e.g., an external sas
file or a sas catalog .source entry) in the REQUEST INIT paramater.

Check out (for 9.1):

http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch/appreq.html

Or (for 8.2)

http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch82/appreq.html

HTH,
-don h

[...]

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: SAS/IntrNet and SAS/ETS Users
Dear Mike, I can not address your question on SAS/Intrnet but sas for SAS/ETS, I have used this on and off since 1983 or so. Most of what I did with SAS/ETS was Proc Computab plus a few of the other Financial Forecasting Procs and Techniques. The forecasts were quite accurate given you know what you are doing, apply the appropriate techniques and understand your needs, the statistical techniques, etc. As for Proc Computab, I wish SAS Institute would include this PROC within BASE SAS as it could easily be used by many financial type users and is very powerful for massive calculations, conso...

Re: SAS/GRAPH device and SAS/intrnet
Josh, Not sure if you got a response for this yet or not. This is one of the topics I cover in my upcoming SAS Press book on the SAS/IntrNet Application Dispatcher. I have been on the road this week and so instead of quoting myself, I will provide the input suggested by a birdie who sent the following to me and asked me to post it: --------------------------------- This problem is generally caused by using an incorrect ODS statement. Check your code to make sure that your ODS statement corresponds to what is shown in http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch/ods.html In your case, you should have something like this: goptions device-actximg; ods html path=&_tmpcat (url=&_replay) rs=none; --------------------------------- If this does not solve your problem, please write back (to the list) with more details. HTH, Don Henderson On Tue, 2 May 2006 23:16:09 -0700, joshn <joshis@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >HI All, > >I am using the following graphics options for a web report with >sas/intrnet and this works fine > >goptions device=activex gsfname=_webout; > > >However I need to develop it without activex and am trying: > >goptions device=actximg gsfname=_webout; > >and now the graphs are not appearing with the report. (the standard >image not found error) > > > >How do I get this working? > >Can I not send the output of a graph procedure to _webout using an >acual file device (eg. gif, jpeg, actximg...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname allocation then search for the Libref search: *.sas containing text: Libref.DataSetName Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #3
Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #4
Look at Google Desktop as well. Very fast. Thanks, Alan Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Harry Droogendyk Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:23 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: search SAS data set from SAS code Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ____________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and th...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #6
Rose In addition to the search tools that have been mentioned, the following program will search ONE directory and dump all of the SAS programs to a single flat file. The boundaries of each program are flagged and the source identified. This file may then be searched with a text editor and you will be able to see the associated lines of code. Old big-iron geeks may notice a resemblance to Proc Source which produces similar output. I have tried running this with a wild card in place of a folder name but that does not work. Nat Wooding dm 'log;clear;output;clear;pgm;'; ** note that the member name is not correct. the scan function is not recognizing the slashes ** as delimiter. reported as us 6125345 ** note that the ./ add card may need a bit of editing on the mainframe ** SearchText ** Nat Wooding ** Dominion Virginia Power ** March, 2003 ** ** this code lists the statements of any files in a given path that have the extension ** SAS. The code is displayed in the sas log and the name of the file is also shown. ** The output window may be searched for specific strings using the find option in the ** SAS pull down Find command; data a; filename txt 'n:\my sas files\natsas\*.sas'; length file $ 50; infile txt filename=file lrecl=80 truncover; informat txt $72.; input txt $ 1-72;; if index(file,'7bdat') then delete;* do not include sas data sets; source=file; source=scan(source,-2 ); /* now, add a b...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ...

Re: SAS Intrnet question, passing macro variables to SAS.
Jia, You have to mask tokens that appear in pairs. In your example precede the single quote (') with a % sign. Try: &libdata=test&citystate=%str(%'Birmingham, AL%',%'Dothan, AL%',%'Huntsville,AL%') Nikhil Sardesai -----Original Message----- From: Michael L. Davis [mailto:michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM] Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 5:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS Intrnet question, passing macro variables to SAS. Hello Jia and other SAS-L Friends, I'm not sure I know the answer but I have some ideas. However, first, I have a question. Are you building the URL outside of an HTML form? If you are, the following link on the SAS web site might interest you: http://support.sas.com/faq/039/FAQ03925.html You might also want to look at the following link: http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch82/input.html Look at the section titled "Specifying Name/Value Pairs in a URL". Most likely, the ampersands might be playing a role. SAS/IntrNet strips off "unsafe characters" unless you tell it not to do so. Please see: http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch82/srvusaf.html Part of that link states: The APPSRV_UNSAFE function returns the complete, original value of an input name/value pair. Normally unsafe characters (see the UNSAFE option) are stripped from input values before creating the input macro variables. This is done so that macro variables may be freely used in a a...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to develop in the future. Then goodorganization also helps. Sorry, I haven't got a good solution, but it is possible to learnfrom mistakes and wise to do so. Otherwise, they tend to getrepeated. Ian Whitlock=================== Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:13:41 -0700 Reply-To: myr_rose@YAHOO.COMSender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM>Organization: http://groups.google.com Subject: search SAS data set from SAS codeComments: To: sas-l Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hi All,Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance.Rose ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #6
I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Web resources about - Re: How to set up autoexec.sas in SAS/Intrnet? - comp.soft-sys.sas

AUTOEXEC.BAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AUTOEXEC.BAT is a system file that was originally on DOS -type operating systems. It is a plain-text batch file in the root directory of the ...

Amiga Forever - Troubleshooting
Help FAQ Troubleshooting Public Discussion Technical Support Tutorials Amiga Emulators Data Sharing Migration Tips Good or Bad? Web Links Downloads ...

HOW TO: Coax retro DOS games to play on Vista
In the interests of regressing to my childhood (and in a bout of geek-fuelled masochism), I tried to get some classics up and running on Windows ...

Build a better computer; a look at some new, interesting, and affordable additions for your IBM PC.
Build a better computer; a look at some new, interesting, and affordable additions for your IBM PC. From Creative Computing Vol. 11, No. 11 / ...

教你制作TCP/IP网络启动盘_网络_比特网
大家都知道,在Windows操作系统的计算机上安装一块网卡,系统就会自动在桌面上创建“网上邻居”图标,双击这个图标,我们就可以共享局域网上其他计算机的资源了。 教你制作TCP/IP网络启动盘

A - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the leter A.

Costco - Automotive - Car & Truck
Auto Electronics,Cargo Storage & Racks,Emergency Kits,Exterior Accessories,Interior Accessories,Power Inverters & Chargers,Solar Power Systems,Towing ...

B- Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary
Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary - B - CSGNetwork.Com's award winning online glossary of computer, telephony and electronics ...

Best Deals Online - Daily Deals and Coupons at dealnews
dealnews.com - where everyday is Black Friday. We bring you the best deals, coupons, and promotional offers from over 2,000 online retailers ...