Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #14

Charles,

I did very similar things across multiple datacenters with NDM and the JCL
Reader awhile back. And yes, explaining a SyncSort, EasyTrieve, SAS
milkshake to a newbie was an exercise in frustration. Hell, I told them
early on that SyncSort had limited commands (7 at the time?) but would take
them years to master threw them for a loop. Welcome to binary ;-]

That said, I think the details of what I am doing need something else.

The problem with tossing out a problem on SAS-L (and elsewhere) is that the
particular need is generalized to the point of losing what the original
constraints are bound by. After looking at the proposals and the ideas, I am
still faced with what I need to accomplish. Hence, while the %include was
not what I wanted, it worked out the best.

Melding 2 systems together, SAS and .NET, makes me choose alternatives that
aren't as pretty as I would like. Nonetheless, I have something that works
now.

....and I forge ahead.

BTW, this isn't client work but SAS community work for my spare time. I
appreciate everything everyone has contributed and it will be returned.

Alan

Alan Churchill
Savian
www.savian.net