Re: Invoking SAS from non SAS environment! #3

Ankit,

If performance is an issue then definitely go with a web service based
approach. Web services offer synchronous and asynchronous communication.
Since web services communicate over port 80, they are secure and they are as
fast as your internet connection. Using older stuff such as ftp and telnet
are going to be slower not to mention a lot more cumbersome.

Also, going down these older paths can work but it will be a hacked up
solution and may not be supported by the IT dept over time? Why? Open ports
outside of 80 are security issues. Hence, why web services are so important.
However, if it works for you and you are more comfortable with that path, go
for it.

Look at Powershell for automating telnet. Google Powershell telnet and you
will find a number of articles.

Alan

Alan Churchill
Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies"
www.savian.net