Re: Launching a SAS-AF program from another SAS-AF.

Try it with call display:

call display('methdlib.validate.amount.scl',amount,error);

(example from the SAS docu)

Gerhard

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 05:27:13 -0400, Miguel Alvarez <migalvher@YAHOO.ES>
wrote:

>Hi everybody.
>
>I've three different SAS-AF applications. The three of them have the same
>users.
>I'm developing another application who executes the other three with the
>same login. Kind of an application manager.
>
>My first try was to call a .bat file with this:
>
>start "reinit" "%SAS%\sas.exe" -config "%APPL%\SASV9.CFG" -autoexec
>"%APPL%\autoexec.sas"
>
>The problem is, it opens a new SAS session every time i launch one of
them.
>Every application has its own autoexec and config file so them execute in
>every launch.
>
>Is there any way to do this keeping a first and unique session?, so I can
>keep the main frame?(main menu or launcher frame).
>
>Thanx!

Launching a SAS-AF program from another SAS-AF.
Hi everybody. I've three different SAS-AF applications. The three of them have the same users. I'm developing another application who executes the other three with the same login. Kind of an application manager. My first try was to call a .bat file with this: start "reinit" "%SAS%\sas.exe" -config "%APPL%\SASV9.CFG" -autoexec "%APPL%\autoexec.sas" The problem is, it opens a new SAS session every time i launch one of them. Every application has its own autoexec and config file so them execute in every launch. Is there any way to do this keeping a first and unique session?, so I can keep the main frame?(main menu or launcher frame). Thanx! ...

Re: Can a SAS program call another SAS program
> From: David Fickbohm > I am writing a report that counts the number of widgets produced by > partners. I have a small routine that finds the partners id > number and > name. Obviously I could copy this code into my program and > execute it. I was wondering if there was a more elegant way > of "Calling" a SAS program > from within a SAS program. > I am running SAS 8.1 in windows. still!?!? surely that is a typo: 9.1? i.e.: -The- 9.1==9.1.3 include it: - - - subRoutineX.sas - - - *...; - - - subRoutineX.sas end - - - - - - autoexec.sas - - - filen...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #5
Ian, I agree with your statement: "Well maybe it is best postponed to the time Keith shows that parameterization would be helpful to him." If it does turn out that parameterization would be helpful to him, he is in luck. I will agree to offer him, and SAS-L, the best example that my understanding of the SAS Component Language and my meager skills will allow. And I hope you, and as many other mmmm's as possible, will do likewise with the SAS Macro Language. I hope it has become apparent to you and other mmmm's that the SAS Component Language can handle whole classes of pr...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #4
In response to a question by Keith, Paul Choate suggested using %INC. The suggestion is reasonable, but not his explanation. Since %INC is a macro you can put it anywhere in open code and it will read the code snippet during compilation. %INC is neither a macro nor a macro instruction. It is one of a few old SAS commands that begin with a %-sign and predate the current macro language. This can be shown by a batch job run with the option NOMACRO. Here is the log. NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 8.2 (TS2M0) Licensed to The SAS Learning Edition V2.0, Site ...

Re: Can a SAS program call another SAS program #3
Dear SAS-L-ers, David Fickbohm posted the following: > I am writing a report that counts the number of widgets produced by > partners. I have a small routine that finds the partners id > number and > name. Obviously I could copy this code into my program and > execute it. I was wondering if there was a more elegant way > of "Calling" a SAS program > from within a SAS program. I am running SAS 8.1 in windows. > David, there sure is a more elegant way; and a simple one at that! Simply use the %INCLUDE statement. The %INCLUDE statement allows you to in...

Re: Can a SAS program call another SAS program #2
Dave, What you want to do can be done with %include. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com David Fickbohm <DavidF@HOMEGAIN.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 10/15/2004 04:05 PM Please respond to David Fickbohm To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Can a SAS program call another SAS program People, I am writing a report that counts the number of widgets produced by partners. I have a small routine that finds the partners id number and name. Obviously I could copy this code into my...

Re: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program? #6
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:32:49 -0800, oseithedude@GMAIL.COM wrote: >nevin.krishna@gmail.com wrote: >> You could use the %include statement to call a specified program. >> for example : >> >> %include "c:\documents and settings\nkrishna\my >> documents\macros\upcase_mac.sas"; >> >> where upcase_mac.sas is a program stored in the above path..so you >> could write an include statement for each program and then copy and >> paste them into any order you need..unless of course i am >> misunderstanding your needs..:-) >> >...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #7 647546
Ian Whitlock wrote: > %INC is neither a macro nor a macro instruction. It is one of a > few old SAS commands that begin with a %-sign and predate the > current macro language. %RUN and %LIST are two others; is that a complete list? The MACRO statement is also not disabled by OPTIONS NOMACRO, but it doesn't start with a percent sign. -- Jack Hamilton Oakland, California ...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #6 1547525
Keith, You have two choices: 1st.: create macros containing your if statements and store them either in a user or public macro library. 2nd.: Create text files contaiing your if statements save them in a PDS and %include them in your program. Toby Dunn From: Keith <kmccall00@CHARTER.NET> Reply-To: Keith <kmccall00@CHARTER.NET> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:23:07 -0700 I write SAS programs on the Mainframe. I have several programming steps in multiple programs that use the same IF state...

Re: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program? #3
why just last week, we discussed this: Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:01:30 -0500 Subject: Re: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0511C&L=sas-l&P=R33664 Ron Fehd the %include maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: osei the dude > Hello, I have 9 SAS programs, all within the same Windows > folder that I > usually run at the same time - one right after the other. For > convenience, is it possible to write a simple SAS program > that will let > me run ...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #7 1547527
Hi Keith, is it exactly the same code (a) or only the same structure but with different variable names in it (b) ? (a) you may save the "IF code" in a separate member (let's say IFcode) and simply %INCLUDE that member within your various data stes. FILENAME xxx FILENAME xxx 'a.b.c.' DISP=shr; DATA ... SET ... %INCLUDE xxx(IFcode); run; (b) you could use the same technique but with macro logic in order to set the variable names dynamically before including IFcode does this help ? Regards Roland -----Original Message----- From: SA...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG?
Have you considered calling EG from within you SAS/AF applications? There = * must* be something useful EG could do if called from within a SAS/AF application. I would not be surprised if you could find a way to display E= G in an AF Frame. Thought For The Day: Whatever nature may be, or howsoever the quest for truth will turn out in the end, the events we face today are subject to as great a variety of construction as our wits will enable us to contrive. This is not to say tha= t one construction is as good as any other, nor is it to deny that at some infinite point in time human vision will behold reality out to the utmost reaches of existence. But it does remind us that all our present perception= s are open to question and reconsideration, and it does broadly suggest that even the most obvious occurrences of everyday life might appear utterly transformed if we were inventive enough to construe them differently. On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@netscape.net>wr= ote: > I can only express my condolences. They did the same thing where I > work and had to break down and get a 10 user SAS license, along with > the unlimited user EG, so that we could continue to run our SAS/AF > applications. > > It is what has kept me from having any interest in EG. > > Art > ----------- > On Oct 27, 6:44 pm, UKR <nlk...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello, > > I have several applications written on SAS AF, which ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

Re: SAS/AF SAS Datset Model and formviewer on a sasdataset with
--On 2/7/2009 2:18 PM -0800 fjunk wrote: > I am have developed a frame with a formviewer poiting to a sasdataset. > The sasdataset is protected by password that I know. But when I try to > run the frame it pops up and asks for a password and the same happens > when I try to update the row and on and on and on... > > How can I avoid the anoying pop up dialogs. Is it possible to tell the > SAS Dataset Model the password? Yes--specify the password as a dataset option. E.g. mymodel.table='MyLib.MyData(read=MYPASS)' ; If you want the formviewer to be able to enter edit mode, you'd need to specify (read=MYPASS1 write=MYPASS2 alter=MYPASS3) for all three dataset passwords. Note that this makes it fairly easy for anyone looking at the application to get the password--an unavoidable risk if you need to access the passwoord-protected data programmatically. Dave ...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #3
Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR <nlk...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Thank you for your comments. > > I will investigate Silverlight and oleDB technologies as well as costs > > associated with keeping single SAS PC license. > > In any case how SAS Institute could abandon AF so easily, if favor to > > which kind of technology? What solutions does SAS Institute provide to > > support GUI programs on windows server? Does anybody ha...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #4
There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can even use the knowledge for something else later. We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript gives you. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt. On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:09 am, Joe Whitehurst wrote: > Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) > > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > >> On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR ...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #6
Dear SAS-L-ers, Jack Hamilton posted the following: > > There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can > even use the knowledge for something else later. > > We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First > Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript > gives you. > Jack; I couldn't agree you more! In the past, I thoroughly enjoyed creating SAS/IntrNet web applications because it stretched my programming knowledge from the SAS World into the (then) modern world of HTML and JavaScript. It was fun...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's wh...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspecti...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledg...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Geneti...

Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program
I write SAS programs on the Mainframe. I have several programming steps in multiple programs that use the same IF statements, for example. Maintenance is getting to be a problem because I may have to make the same code change in 50 different programs. I would like to write the If statement only once and read it into the appropriate data steps of the various programs. If someone could give me help on how I could do this, it would be appreciated. Keith - Store your code snippets in a PDS and then %include into your programs. For example this program includes a format called "$REGCRT...

Re: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program
Keith, You can use a series of %include statements naming the programs in the order you want to call them in. %include "drive:\your_folder\program name.txt" ; Mah-J M. Soobader, PhD Principal consultant STATWORKS www.statworks.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Keith W. Larson Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 10:32 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program Dear All, I have several small(ish) SAS programs that convert and format DBF files. Thanks to all who helped solve...

Web resources about - Re: Launching a SAS-AF program from another SAS-AF. - comp.soft-sys.sas

Sylver Vertical Launching System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Sylver ( SY stème de L ancement VER tical) is a vertical launching system (VLS) designed by DCNS . The launcher comes in several variants, ...

Russia Launching Its Own Social Network
As the internet becomes more widespread in Russia, the country’s government has decided to launch its own Facebook-like social network, according ...

@Facebook Launching Status Tagging for Friends, Pages, Events, and Groups Today
While status updates have become an increasingly important part of communication on Facebook over the last year, it’s never been possible to ...

Launching Digits login for web - Twitter Blogs
... login for mobile app websites. Skip to main content Developer Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp Launching ...

An Undersea Glider: Crab Launching Game with Ocean Water Glide on the App Store on iTunes
Get An Undersea Glider: Crab Launching Game with Ocean Water Glide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

GREECE Mission Launching Into Aurora - a set on Flickr
Caption: A NASA-funded sounding rocket launches into an aurora in the early morning of March 3, 2014, over Venetie, Alaska. The GREECE mission ...

You have cat to be kitten me - 2 cats travel from Amsterdam to London launching Poopy Cat in the UK ...
On the 26th of April cat crazy entrepreneur Thomas Vles arrived in London after cycling over 300 miles with his two cats, Mushi and Cheesy. - ...

Nintendo details first ever mobile offering, launching in March
Nintendo's first app made exclusively for mobile devices will launch on Android and iOS in March, and is the first of five apps the company will ...

Ikea is launching a new line of furniture that can charge your phone without wires
Ikea announced Sunday at Mobile World Congress it is introducing its first furniture line that offers wireless charging for phones, tablets, ...

North Queensland Cowboys star Johnathan Thurston given honour of launching NRL season
North Queensland co-captain Johnathan Thurston has been given the honour of officially launching the NRL season.