Re: Leading 5 spaces in subject line on SAS-L #9

Hi Joe,

In the message header the tags are generally followed by one space and then their contents, like from an email of 17 april 2003:
Subject: RE: Searching SAS Program Code for Specific String.

Currently the 5 spaces too many already appear to be present in the header:
Subject:      Re: Leading 5 spaces in subject line on SAS-L
At the moment SAS-L (or rather its listserv) is the only sender in the world doing that weird, also when sending and receiving messages directly to and from the listserv:
From: "L-Soft list server at UGA (1.8d)" <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Command confirmation request (2A1BF4B0)

When replying, like now, my subject line says:
RE:      Re: Leading 5 spaces in subject line on SAS-L
but I yet have to see what it becomes after sending.
Anyway I can not use the automatic "find all messages on topic" function in my mailprogram.
Could you have a look into that?

Regards - Jim.
--
..  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Jim Groeneveld, MSc.
Biostatistician
Science Team
Vitatron B.V.
Meander 1051
6825 MJ  Arnhem
Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365
Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305
Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com
www.vitatron.com

My computer has the solutions, I have the problems.

[common disclaimer]