From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tonts
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:31 PM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table

Lois,

Thanks for your answer.
But the problem is a little bit different :

The DB2 table MUST BE a temporary table and can only be created into a PROC
SQL statment (strict instruction from my Data Base Administrator). And, at
the end of the Proc SQL statment (the "quit;" instruction), the DB2 table is
automatically delete. Therefore, I have to do all my manipulation inside a
PROC SQL statment...

Not very easy when I have to optimize the statments....

Thanks for everybody who will help me.

Pascal

<lois831@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Pascal,
>
> Creating a DBMS table using SQL INSERT statements is a very slow
> method and you don't need to write out your SAS dataset as a
> sequential file. Try using the LIBNAME statement to define your DB2
> database and then just create the table as if it were a regular SAS
> dataset. If you have a lot of data then you can use the BULKLOAD
> option to load all of the records.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> libname session db2 user=aaa password=bbb ssid=DB0N schema=ICMC; data
> session.client;
>      set ICMFRPD.ICMFRCAR;
> run;
>
> or with BULKLOAD For a lot of data:
>
> data session.client(bulkload=yes);
>      set ICMFRPD.ICMFRCAR;
> run;
>

> For more details feel free to read my SUGI paper
>
> http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi29/106-29.pdf
>
> It refers to Oracle tables but most of it applies to DB2 as well. I
> hope you find it helpful.
>
> Lois Levin

0
HERMANS1 (2683)