Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS?

2 things you can do:
1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate)
2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows

--
===============================
WenSui Liu

On May 14, 11:00 am, liuwen...@GMAIL.COM (Wensui Liu) wrote:
> 2 things you can do:
> 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate)
> 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows
>
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM,  <elodie.gill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone
>
> > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine.
>
> > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS
> > version I am trying to install.
>
> > What can I do?
>
> > I greatly appreciate your help.
>
> --
> ===============================
> WenSui Liu
> ChoicePoint Precision Marketing
> Phone: 678-893-9457
> Email : wensui....@choicepoint.com
> Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com
> ===============================

Thanks a lot for your message.

Are there previous versions of SAS that can be installed on a 64 bit
Vista machine?

Thanks

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #3
What about having a Virtual Machine with XP for example and SAS inside in your x64? Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> escribi�: Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. --------------------------------- Yahoo! Encuentros Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho m�s f�cil, prob� el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros. Visit� http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS?
Hi everyone I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS version I am trying to install. What can I do? I greatly appreciate your help. ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

SAS Installation problem
All, This is a problem I have not come across before. A friend of mine is installing SAS on his laptop. The installation proceeds smoothly without errors, but the moment he runs SAS and tries to work in it, the SAS window is closed and SAS.EXE is renamed to SAS.EXE.BAK in the "Program Files" directly. Is it a problem of the Anti-Virus (McAfee Small Business) or a virus? Thanks in advance. Anindya On Aug 19, 8:12=A0am, anindya.lugb...@GMAIL.COM (Anindya Mozumdar) wrote: > All, > =A0 =A0 =A0This is a problem I have not come across before. A friend of m= ine > is installing SAS on his laptop. The installation proceeds smoothly > without errors, but the moment he runs SAS and tries to work in it, > the SAS window is closed and SAS.EXE is renamed to SAS.EXE.BAK in the > "Program Files" directly. Is it a problem of the Anti-Virus (McAfee > Small Business) or a virus? > > Thanks in advance. > Anindya Did you ever figure this out. I am having the same problem and I don't know what to do! When I change the file name from sas.exe.bak it works for a minute or so, but then it automatically renames back to sas.exe.bak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I have never seen this or heard of this before! But during installation SAS recommends that you disable any anti-virus software in the machine. Could this be the confluence of failure to disable antivirus software and something else? ~Just my 50 cents. ...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG?
Have you considered calling EG from within you SAS/AF applications? There = * must* be something useful EG could do if called from within a SAS/AF application. I would not be surprised if you could find a way to display E= G in an AF Frame. Thought For The Day: Whatever nature may be, or howsoever the quest for truth will turn out in the end, the events we face today are subject to as great a variety of construction as our wits will enable us to contrive. This is not to say tha= t one construction is as good as any other, nor is it to deny that at some infinite point in time human vision will behold reality out to the utmost reaches of existence. But it does remind us that all our present perception= s are open to question and reconsideration, and it does broadly suggest that even the most obvious occurrences of everyday life might appear utterly transformed if we were inventive enough to construe them differently. On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@netscape.net>wr= ote: > I can only express my condolences. They did the same thing where I > work and had to break down and get a 10 user SAS license, along with > the unlimited user EG, so that we could continue to run our SAS/AF > applications. > > It is what has kept me from having any interest in EG. > > Art > ----------- > On Oct 27, 6:44 pm, UKR <nlk...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello, > > I have several applications written on SAS AF, which ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

SAS-L Panel / SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support
[This is part of a report on a panel discussion about SAS-L which took place during the 2003 NESUG conference. Partcipants: Paul Dorfman, Ron Fehd, Phil Mason, Barbara Okerson, Dianne Louise Rhodes, David Septoff; also Ray Pass] On the subject of SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support ... Dianne noted that a real strength of SAS-L is that it functions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. She recalled a situation in which she helped somebody who had a project deadline on Christmas Eve. Ron pointed out that SI technical support sometimes is slower because problems often must be handed off, somet...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #6
Dear SAS-L-ers, Jack Hamilton posted the following: > > There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can > even use the knowledge for something else later. > > We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First > Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript > gives you. > Jack; I couldn't agree you more! In the past, I thoroughly enjoyed creating SAS/IntrNet web applications because it stretched my programming knowledge from the SAS World into the (then) modern world of HTML and JavaScript. It was fun...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #4
There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can even use the knowledge for something else later. We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript gives you. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt. On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:09 am, Joe Whitehurst wrote: > Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) > > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > >> On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR ...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #3
Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR <nlk...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Thank you for your comments. > > I will investigate Silverlight and oleDB technologies as well as costs > > associated with keeping single SAS PC license. > > In any case how SAS Institute could abandon AF so easily, if favor to > > which kind of technology? What solutions does SAS Institute provide to > > support GUI programs on windows server? Does anybody ha...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's wh...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspecti...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Geneti...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledg...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Md Alam: Most often failures of ftp to transfer a valid SAS dataset from Unix to a PC platform result from transferring the file using a MODE other than BINARY. Try a binary mode transfer. Sig -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS - Still problem Thanks for all your help. I tried using FTP to tranfer datasets from unix to PC. But when I am trying to open the datasets in PC after being tra...

Re: Windows XP SAS v9 faster than UNIX SAS v9?
I've seen similar comparisons, but not so extreme, comparing intel=20 architectures vs. the IBM Power series, with SAS and a few other programs. = =20 It's quite possible that the CPUs are _NOT_ comparable, speed-wise. Also,= =20 possible issues with disk access times, depending on the choice of hardware= =20 on that Microsoft box. On Sunday 27 May 2007, jontugman@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > Well, actually I don't believe it for all things being equal. But I > work in a situation were things are not equal. Consider the following: > > Windows XP Machine: 1 CPU, 2 Gb RAM, 1...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: Windows XP SAS v9 faster than UNIX SAS v9? #5
jontugman@YAHOO.CO.UK wrote back: >David, > >Maybe what I should have also noted is that the sort time is >remarkably the other way around. > >To sort the input data to the datastep takes 2.5 hours on the >workstation (expected), >but it only takes 20 minutes on the UNIX box. > >This suggests to me that hard drive speed is OK, data access is OK and >all else is setup OK. Its just those datasteps are taking way longer >than expected. > >The area that I do not have much knowledge on is the AIX UNIX OS, >having had experience on HP UNIX as the only UNI...

Web resources about - Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? - comp.soft-sys.sas

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper