From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of
antje.schuele@googlemail.com
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 11:09 AM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Problem with dictionary.tables

Dear Newsgroup,

I'd like to set a few tables together. That's why I read out my needed
tables with the help of dictionary.tables:

Here's my code:

proc sql noprint;
        select memname into :dsn separated by " "
        from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM";
quit;

data result;
        set perm.&dsn;
run;

Now my problem: The data set result only takes the first table from the
library perm, the other tables are taken from the work library. Is
there a possibility to tell SAS that all tables that are set in result
are in the library "perm"?

Thank for any help.

Antje
0
Rickards

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #3
What about having a Virtual Machine with XP for example and SAS inside in your x64? Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> escribi�: Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. --------------------------------- Yahoo! Encuentros Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho m�s f�cil, prob� el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros. Visit� http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #3
Yes, I encountered the same problem, although I hadn't got around to contacting SAS. AnnMaria DeMars, Ph.D. Senior Statistical Consultant University of Southern California Customer Support Center Information Technology Services ademars@usc.edu (213) 740-2840 On Aug 25, 2008, at 6:25 AM, Peter Flom wrote: > Hi again > > A week ago, I asked this list about a problem with 9.2: When you > click "help" it runs an index, but it doesn't save the index when > you quite SAS, so, each time you quit SAS, you lose the index. > > Replies received here did not work, so I wrote to SAS. > > They said, essentially, that it's a known bug, and they are working > on it. > > Peter > > Peter L. Flom, PhD > Statistical Consultant > www DOT peterflom DOT com ...

Re: Problem with dictionary.tables
Antje, Try following code see if it works: proc sql noprint; select "perm."||memname into :dsn separated by " " from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM"; quit; data result; set perm.&dsn; run; YU On 6/26/06, antje.schuele@googlemail.com <antje.schuele@googlemail.com> wrote: > > Dear Newsgroup, > > I'd like to set a few tables together. That's why I read out my needed > tables with the help of dictionary.tables: > > Here's my code: > > proc sql noprint; > select memname into :dsn separated by " " > from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM"; > quit; > > data result; > set perm.&dsn; > run; > > Now my problem: The data set result only takes the first table from the > library perm, the other tables are taken from the work library. Is > there a possibility to tell SAS that all tables that are set in result > are in the library "perm"? > > Thank for any help. > > Antje > ...

Re: DICTIONARY.TABLES #3
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:07:21 -0000, SAS-FU <lee.rozzelle@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Any ideas why this simple code to access dictionary metadata is >returning 0 observations? I do this all the time, and Im at a new >contract site and I feel like im taking crazy pills. > >Thanks in advance. > > >libname q 'R:\AD-HOC\MAX_Data\DEMO'; > >proc sql; >create table aaa as >select memname >from dictionary.tables >where libname = 'q'; >quit; yes, I think all libnames are in uppercase in that tables. To be sure, u could use: where upcase(libnem)="Q"; ...

Re: SAS Problem #3
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 05:13:05 +1200, Dean Edwards <dean@DREAMNET.CO.NZ> wrote: >"Thank you to all the people with your helpful replies to my earlier SAS problem. However "SAS Problem" is an extremely vague and uninformative Subject header. > > > >My first problem was to get the target points = (number of households for each area). > >and calculate the number of households for 26 areas that earn say $12,824 or less for example. This has been solved. > >. > >. I have resolved the statistical problem and it is just a coding issue problem now...

Re: Lookup Table in SAS #3
hi ... in the true spirit of "beating a question to death" ... here are a couple more to add to those already posted (though Howard Schreier's SQL solution is so elegant that I wonder why one would do anything different) ... given data sets a and b data a; input values : $1. @@; datalines; a b c d e ; run; data b; input values : $1. data1 data2 : $ 10.; datalines; b 1 something x 2 random k 3 new ; run; * add an index to data set a; proc datasets lib=work nolist; modify a; index create values; quit; data c; set b; set a key=values/unique; flag = not (_error_); * add the next statement if you don't like RC messages in the LOG; _error_= 0; run; * create a lookup string from data set a; data c; length ina $50; do until(lasta); set a end=lasta; ina = catt(ina,values); end; do until(lastb); set b end=lastb; flag = (find(ina,values) gt 0); output; end; drop ina; run; * a tweak of Nat Wooding's MERGE solution (get rid of IF) ... assumes sorted data sets; data c; merge a (in=ina) b (in=inb); by values; flag = ina; if inb; run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475 > Hello, > > Suppose I have dataset called "Lookup_SAS" that has the following values > with 1 variable called values > > values > -------- > a > b > c > d > e > > > I ha...

Re: Problem with dictionary.tables #4
Antje; Proc sql noPrint ; Select catT( LibName , '.' , MemName ) into :datasets separated by " " from dictionary.Tables where ( LibName eq 'PERM' ) ; Quit ; Data result ; Set &datasets ; Run ; Ed Edward Heaton, SAS Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Owned Research Corporation), 1600 Research Boulevard, RW-4541, Rockville, MD 20850-3195 Voice: (301) 610-4818 Fax: (301) 294-3879 mailto:EdHeaton@Westat.com http://www.Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of antje.schuele@googlemail.com Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 11:09 AM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Problem with dictionary.tables Dear Newsgroup, I'd like to set a few tables together. That's why I read out my needed tables with the help of dictionary.tables: Here's my code: proc sql noprint; select memname into :dsn separated by " " from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM"; quit; data result; set perm.&dsn; run; Now my problem: The data set result only takes the first table from the library perm, the other tables are taken from the work library. Is there a possibility to tell SAS that all tables that are set in result are in the library "perm"? Thank for any help. Antje ...

Re: SAS install problem #3
thanks David -- I think that is _exactly_ the problem. dept tech support had to reimage the machine but had not yet installed SAS. They checked and it is running IE7; I forwarded them your note and they will go over it (and presumably uninstall IE7). geeze, it this what to expect for the summer? seriously, many thanks! --Joe ---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:36:59 +1000 >From: "Johnson, David" <David.Johnson@CBA.COM.AU> >Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS install problem >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >Joe, > >I know time is well against you now on this, and this advice may come >too late. > > >I searched the MSDN blogs and came up with this entry: >http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/29/650098.aspx > >Interestingly, it concerns a Lenovo machine, issues with the System >Migration Assistant and use of IE7. > > >I also observe that I haven't seen a note from SAS yet withdrawing their >advice that SAS 9.1.3 is not compatible with IE7. > > >I hope you find, or have found a solution. > >Kind regards > >David > > >"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, >consectetur, adipisci velit..." > >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of F. >J. Kelley >Sent: Friday, 25 May 2007 1:28 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: SAS install problem > >C...

Re: Problem with dictionary.tables #2
proc sql noprint; select 'Perm.'||memname into :dsn separated by " " from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM"; quit; data result; set &dsn ; run; Toby Dunn From: "antje.schuele@googlemail.com" <antje.schuele@GOOGLEMAIL.COM> Reply-To: "antje.schuele@googlemail.com" <antje.schuele@GOOGLEMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Problem with dictionary.tables Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:09:13 -0700 Dear Newsgroup, I'd like to set a few tables together. That's why I read out my needed tables with the help of dictionary.tables: Here's my code: proc sql noprint; select memname into :dsn separated by " " from dictionary.tables where libname = "PERM"; quit; data result; set perm.&dsn; run; Now my problem: The data set result only takes the first table from the library perm, the other tables are taken from the work library. Is there a possibility to tell SAS that all tables that are set in result are in the library "perm"? Thank for any help. Antje ...

Re: sas isodatetime problem #3
Hi ghellrieg, The problem is I use them in a macro so i cant be changing it in the datastep according to the type of variable name.I need a generic code which reads in all the datetime values without changing the variable names may be something that reads as input value as datetime format or character format. Thanks for your response Ankur ...

Re: Simple SAS problem #3
Hi Paul, Your solution is perfect..Thanks i learned how to use retain statement. Hi Sudip, Thank you .Your solution works only for that particular dataset since you suggested using the last number of grp A directly.I guess using retain will be more concrete. Thanks JK On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Paul Dorfman <sashole@bellsouth.net>wrote: > JK, > > data need (drop = _:) ; > set have ; > by sub grp ; > retain _last_num 0 ; > new_num = num + _last_num ; > if last.grp then _last_num = num ; > run ; > > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:47:29 -0400, sas geeks <sasgeeks.jk@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > >Hi, > > I have the following data > > > >data have; > >input sub grp $ num; > >cards; > >sub grp num > >1 A 12 > >1 A 54 > >1 A 67 > >1 A 88 > >1 B 1 > >1 B 77 > >1 B 98 > >1 B 105 > >run; > > > >I need the following output > > > > sub grp num new_num > >1 A 12 12 > >1 A 54 54 > >1 A 67 67 > >1 A 88 88 > >1 B 1 89 > >1 B 77 165 > >1 B 98 186 > >1 B 105 193 > > > >Basically i need the last 'num' ...

Re: SAS concatenation problem #3
More precisely stated: SAS sets the length of a variable the first time the compiler sees it, whether it be in dataset 1 or 17. The fact that field XYZ is missing has NOTHING to do with setting its length. It could have have a length of 32K and be missing and SAS will set the length to 32K if that's the length of the variable when SAS first sees it. It's important that the length statement be specified BEFORE the SET statement, i.e. so it's the first time SAS sees the variable. data a; length XYZ $16000 ABC $4; XYZ = ' '; ABC = ' '; run; data b...

Re: SAS evaluation problems #3
That's an interesting set of questions - possibly even a good sign for them as an employer. I'd say that SAS is not the best way to solve task 8. There are various free utilities that do similar things, and if you're going to work with the Windows API it's probably easier to do it from Excel. But if I had to do it in SAS using their suggested method I'd start by seeing if Alan Churchill has anything relevant on his web page, and then I'd try to find my old Windows API programming book. I don't know offhand what function would return disk usage information. I would try to solve task 13 using ODS layout rather than graphics templates. Not enough information is given for task 19, but I would find a reference page for DB2 system tables and look up which ones contain the needed information. It needn't be done with passthough SQL, and it would be good to know why they think it is needed. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram On Feb 23, 2009, at 11:04 am, John Burton wrote: > Hi all, > > > I am filling out a SAS skills evaluation from a potential client. The > instructions state that it is not to necesarily test one's knowlegde, > but how they can use available resources to help solve problems. > and would like to use you as a technical reference if you don't mind. > (it is allowed per the instructions) > > "In order to complete the evaluation, the SAS...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 674067
joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM replied: > >Adel, > >You may find the following artilce interesting. [article by Thomas Mikosch not copied] This is a really good article, and a really useful point to make. But 55K is a lot of article to copy. Would it have been easier to point to a URL? The people who read SAS-L as a digest and the people who have slow connections are probably not overly thrilled. I'll refrain from pointing out that you sound like me today. ("Are you sure you want to do this? Here's some material which suggests you should try a different approach..."...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 1556650
Adel, You may find the following artilce interesting. COPULAS: TALES AND FACTSy THOMAS MIKOSCH \But he does not wear any clothes" said the little child in Hans Christian Andersen's \The Emperor's New Clothes". 1. Some preliminary facts When I started writing the paper [19] in 2003 a Google search of the word \copula" gave 10,000 responses. In September 2005 the same search gives 650,000 responses. There is an explosion of activity. What is going on? Many of the web-sites1 found in the Google search are related to mathematical nance, statistics, extreme value theory, and risk management. Everybody who opens any journal on stochastic processes, probability theory, statistics, econometrics, risk management, nance, insurance, etc., observes that there is a fast growing industry on copulas. The commercial statistics software Splus provides the module FinMetrics that includes copula tting which is written by R. Carmona, see also Carmona [4]. One can also get copula modules in other major software packages (R, Mathematica, MatLab, etc.). The International Actuarial Association [14] in its hefty paper on Solvency II2 recommends using copulas for modeling dependence in insurance portfolios. Moody's uses Gaussian copulas for modeling credit risk and provides software for it which is used in many nancial institutions. Since Basle II3 copulas are now standard tools in credit risk management. The main purpose of this paper is to ask some na ve questions a...

Re: Summary: Re: Table combining tables? PROC FREQ or maybe #3
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:12:59 -0400, Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@MINDSPRING.COM> wrote: >I've now got several solutions.... SAS-L is great! But the odd behavior of Howard's program on two datasets that ought to have been the same is still puzzling. > >Hari Nath <hari_s_nath@YAHOO.COM> wrote > >> > >>The log might help us see whats going on.....But for now, you can check by >>running a summary of your raw data.... >> >>proc summary data = today ; >> class prop_part ; >> var v3_1 -- v3_15 ; >> output out = tot sum = ; >>run ; >> >>proc print data=tot ; >>run ; >> >>From the 'tot' dataset, look in _type_ = 0, which is the sum of all >>variables. If this sum matches the proc freq output which you showed >>below, then it may be a data issue. If not, then looking at the log might >>help...... >> >> > >The _type_ = 0 did not match the weird FREQ output that I had gotten. So, here's the log from running Howard's program on my data. I don't know if it will help. > > ><<<<< >219 >220 data numbered; number + 1; set today3; run; > >NOTE: There were 609 observations read from the data set WORK.TODAY3. >NOTE: The data set WORK.NUMBERED has 609 observations and 25 variables. >NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time): > real time 0.03 seconds ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #3
First, let me admit/acknowledge that I have no knowledge of the history of this thread. Been tied up catching up post SAS Global Forum and post the announcement of sasCommunity.org. But I would like to offer some thoughts regarding Toby's comment: > No as for the sascommunity.org, do we really want a macro library. Well I > would say yes and no. I would like to have one and there are those who > have > paced some Macros on there already. I believe Don and Ron both have, > actually they were on there before the Wiki went public. However, since > people tend to get Ma...

Re: SAS/Intrnet image problem #3
Good points Mark. However without more specifics as to the original problem it is hard to tell what it might be. My experience is that the most common cause of such problems is due to the ODS statement not being specified consistent with how reply works so that the graph is in fact written to the catalog in a way that reply can access it. The ODS statement must look like: ods html body=_webout path=&_tmpcat (url=&_replay); And sometimes (but not always), you need to add rs=none. Try this and let us know what happens. If it still does not work, post the SAS log and the html generated for the IMG tag. HTH, Don Henderson Author of the SAS Press book "Building Web Applications with SAS/IntrNet(c): A Guide to the Application Dispatcher" http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?pc=60282 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lamias, Mark (CDC/CCID/OD) (CTR) Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 12:44 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS/Intrnet image problem Ken, Have you taken a look at the following suggestions on the SAS support site? http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/001/001565.html http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/003/003585.html I had a similar issue in the past and these suggestions seemed to fix my problem. Thanks. Mark J. Lamias SAIC Statistical Consultant Office of Informatics National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases...

Re: combo SAS/UNIX problem #3
Joe & Gerhard, Thanks for your input. Native UNIX is my weak (very weak) suit. I will have to read up on the PIPE function. That is new to me. If I'm still having a "senior moment" after researching docs, I'll be back. Regards, John Burton Chattanooga TN ...

Re: PROC EXPORT problem to sas #3
Hopefully, Richard's comments won't be overlooked by my post, as they may constitute the information that the original poster needs. What I am hoping is that a birdie can provide the answer to my question, below. Like others, I ran a test scenario under both conditions, i.e., whether a DBMS statement is included or not. Both scenarios ran but, in both cases, I got the following results: 2946 PROC EXPORT DATA = work.test 2947 DBMS=excel 2948 OUTFILE = "k:\shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15.xls" REPLACE; 2949 RUN; NOTE: "TEST" was successfully created. "TEST" wasn't created, "k:\shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15.xls" was created. Why did the log show that "test" was created? Art ----------- On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:21:54 -0800, Richard <richard.hockey@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >On Feb 14, 9:34 am, Nathaniel.Wood...@DOM.COM (Nat Wooding) wrote: >> Stefan >> >> In a later post, you say that you will show the log but it does not appear. >> If you included it as an attachment, SASL removed it. The list stopped >> forwarding attachments when viri bacame problem. >> >> As to your code, I created a small data set with the name that you used and >> ran your proc export with the output file path tweaked to my computer. My >> log reads >> >> 472 >> 473 PROC EXPORT DATA = shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15 >> 474 OUTFILE = "c:\park\s...

Re: SAS web site problems? #3
Thanks, Gerhard. Must have just been a problem with me. Other sites were fine however. Closing and reopening IE seems to have fixed the problem. Mike -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Gerhard Hellriegel Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:55 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS web site problems? On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:37:40 -0500, Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM> wrote: >Is anyone else having major difficulty reaching support.sas.com and/or >www.sas.com this morning? > >Mike Rhoads >Westat >RhoadsM1@Westat.com I tried it one minute ago - no problem (Germany, Frankfurt). Local problems at your site? What about other sites (www.microsoft.com, www.msn.com, ...)? Which problems do you have? Only slow or not reachable? Gerhard Mike Rhoads wrote: > Thanks, Gerhard. Must have just been a problem with me. Other sites > were fine however. Closing and reopening IE seems to have fixed the > problem. Mike: I had problems submitting some tracks to support this afternoon. The first page would collect info, but clicking 'next' would go to a blank page. -- Richard A. DeVenezia ...

Re: SAS date format problem #3
Data _Null_ ; OldDate = 322 ; NewDate = Input( Put( OldDate , Z6. ) , YYMMDD6. ) ; Put NewDate= YYMMDD8. NewDate= YYMMDD10. NewDate= Date9. NewDate= MMDDYY10. ; Run ; Toby Dunn Compromise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each compromise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. > Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:48:29 -0700 > From: a320@HOTMAIL.COM > Subject: SAS date format problem > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > > Hello, > > I have a SAS dataset that has dates in the following format: YYMMDD. > For example, I would have a date that looks like this: 322. It means > 00-03-22 (Mar 22, 2000)- all the leading 0s are truncated. However, if > I format it using the YYMMDD8. format, I get something that looks like > 60-11-18, or 322 days since Jan 1, 1960. > How do I make SAS recognize a date like 322 as Mar,22 2000 or 20808 as > Aug 8th, 2002? > > Thanks in advance. _________________________________________________________________ Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf�. Stop by today. http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline ...

Re: Dynamic Looping Problem in SAS #3
Indeed, it would appear to be an operations research (OR) problem. Typically that means that one can design a simple algorithm which will work in theory but takes practically forever to run. Is SAS/OR licensed? On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:06:14 -0700, David Neal <afdbn@UAA.ALASKA.EDU> wrote: >Sak, > >This gets a lot more complicated than you would think. Here is a >simplified example. If you have 3 points with the distance between #1 >and #2 equal to 1 mile and the distance from #1 to #3 and from #2 to #3 >equal to 11 miles, do you delete #1 or #2 or both? This problem can >become quite complicated and you may end up with several possible >solutions. Since you did indicate that you had moved the >more "desired" points to the front of the list, you might want to add a >descision rule to the program that selects points based on their >order. So, following that rule, you would keep #1 and delete #2. But >what if #4 was 9 miles from #1 and 11 miles from #2 and more than 10 >miles from 3? If you delete #2, you would then end up deleting #4, >resulting in two deletions. However, If you deleted #1 in the >beginning, you would only lose one datapoint. If your original data is >fairly sparse, this might not be an issue but my guess is that you >aren't that lucky and you have to deal with fairly clustered data. > >David Neal > > > >----- Original Message ----- >From: sak071 <samuelklei...

Re: sas date time problem #3
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:56:50 -0400, Ankur Arora <ankur.arora@NAGARRO.COM> wrote: >hi > >Thanks very much for replying back ya we have a naming convention that >time variable is always as the last variable >naming convention for the data is > >first data >STUDYID USUBJID DOMAIN BWSEQ BWGRPID BWTESTCD BWTEST BWORRES > BWORRESU BWSTRESC BWSTRESN BWSTRESU > BWBLFL BWSTDTC BWENDTC BWSTAT BWREASND >DP1111 13 BW 34 BW Body Weight 266.4 g > 266.4 266.4 g Y 2005-03-09T01:54:25 You have presented this sample, several times, and it raises questions, since ther...

Web resources about - Re: Problem with dictionary.tables #3 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to Nielsen (2008) a dictionary may be regarded as a lexicographical product that is characterised by three significant features: (1) ...

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
In September, Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus was updated to version 6.0 with a significant redesign that introduced a fresh look and feel ...

Price Drop: Textkraft with German Dictionary
Textkraft with German Dictionary 3.1.3 Device: iOS iPad Only Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 3.1.3 ( iTunes ) Description: Das ...

'Rabid Feminist' and Other Sexist Sentences Should Be Excluded From the Oxford Dictionary ASAP
It's a source that's meant to inform and educate but the Oxford English Dictionary recently came under fire for being sexist. Michael Oman-Reagan, ...

'Mx.' instead of 'Mr.' or 'Mrs.?' It's in the dictionary now
Among the words officially added to dictionary.com this week is &quot;Mx.,&quot; pronounced &quot;mix&quot; and defined as &quot;a title of respect ...

'Identity' is Dictionary.com's word of the year - CNN.com
Race, sexuality and gender are the live-wire topics that inspired Dictionary.com to pick "identity" as its word of the year for 2015.

Jimmy Fallon, Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary' on 'The Tonight Show' - EW.com
Jimmy Fallon, Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary' on 'The Tonight Show' - EW.

The Original Hacker's Dictionary For Small Business Owners
A cybersecurity book and glossary for newbies and small business owners.

But That Isn't A Word: Oxford Dictionary Chooses The Face With Tears Of Joy Emoji As Word Of The Year ...
Because even dictionary companies want to feel edgy from time to time, Oxford Dictionaries has announced the 'face with tears of joy' emoji is ...

Athleisure Is Officially In the Dictionary, But What Does It Mean?
Come 2016, the eye roll-inducing label given to fashion's fascination with evolved workout layers will be added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. ...