Re: Problem With PC SAS #2

Michael, thanks for taking a look at this.  Here is what I have found.
My log shows basically everything you mentioned regarding the signon -
below.
        NOTE: Script file 'tcpunix.scr' entered.
        NOTE: Logged onto UNIX... Starting remote SAS now.
        NOTE: SAS/CONNECT conversation established.
        NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2003 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC,
USA.
So, I am able to connect to UNIX.

Then, I ran the suggested libname statements. They worked, so this is
wonderful so far.  Here is the log from those:

NOTE: Libref UNIXLIB was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /home/apps/ssg/allenbb
27       libname UNIXLIB "/home/apps/ssg/allenbb";
28
29   data unixlib.class;
30   set  sashelp.class;
31   run;

NOTE: There were 19 observations read from the data set SASHELP.CLASS.
NOTE: The data set UNIXLIB.CLASS has 19 observations and 5 variables.
NOTE: Compressing data set UNIXLIB.CLASS increased size by 100.00
percent.
      Compressed is 2 pages; un-compressed would require 1 pages.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           0.01 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

I think we can narrow down a little further what's happening.

When I run the below code, the first time the include librefs.sas runs
fine and shows all of the libs assigned in the log as it should.

endrsubmit;
rsubmit;
%include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/librefs.sas";
%include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/logins.sas";
%let remote_dir = 'rel0002f';
%let local_dir = "/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/res";
%let today = %sysfunc(today(),yymmddN8.);
endrsubmit;

4    rsubmit;
NOTE: Remote submit to WFSAS commencing.
32   %include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/librefs.sas";
NOTE: Libref APPR was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/appr
NOTE: Libref R was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/r
NOTE: Libref DEV was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/dev
NOTE: Libref P was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/p
NOTE: Library X does not exist.
NOTE: Libref AUTO was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/auto
NOTE: Libref LOAD was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/load
NOTE: Libref BACKUP was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/backup
NOTE: Libref REPORT was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/report
NOTE: Libref TEST was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/test
NOTE: Libref TESTZ was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/testz
NOTE: Libref TESTC was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/testc
NOTE: Libref TESTB was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/testb
NOTE: Libref TEMP was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/temp
NOTE: Libref HOD was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/hod
NOTE: Libref HOD was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /home/apps/ssg1/credit
NOTE: Libname HOD refers to the same physical library as LOOKUP.
NOTE: Libref HOD was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /users/apps/ssg1/lookup
NOTE: Libref SSG was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        V9
      Physical Name: /home/apps/ssg1
57   %include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/logins.sas";
75   %let remote_dir = 'rel0002f';
76   %let local_dir = "/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/res";
77   %let today = %sysfunc(today(),yymmddN8.);
NOTE: Remote submit to WFSAS complete.

Then, when I run it again, it doesn't work.  It just prints to the log
the actual code and nothing else like this:

NOTE: Remote submit to WFSAS commencing.
111  %include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/librefs.sas";
112  %include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/logins.sas";
113  %let remote_dir = 'rel0002f';
114  %let local_dir = "/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/res";
115  %let today = %sysfunc(today(),yymmddN8.);
NOTE: Remote submit to WFSAS complete.

Here is all of the code that I am trying to run...I don't see anything
in there that would cause any issues (of course sometimes I don't see
too clearly).

*NEW POST TVM SPLIT CODE FOR RES;
rsubmit;
%include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/librefs.sas";
%include "/users/apps/ssg1/auto/sas_auto/logins.sas";
%let remote_dir = 'rel0002f';
%let local_dir = "/users/apps/ssg1/data_archive/res";
%let today = %sysfunc(today(),yymmddN8.);
endrsubmit;

rsubmit;
*LOGS INTO REMOTEHOST;
filename indir ftp &remote_dir
        DIR binary
        user= &green_net_user
        pass = &green_net_pass
        host='bluexfer.wellsfargo.com';

*LOGS INTO LOCALHOST;
filename outdir
        ftp &local_dir
        DIR
        binary
        host='sasprod1.wellsfargo.com'
    user= &ssgprod_user
        pass= &ssgprod_pass;

*TRANSFERS FILENAME AND RENAMES;
endrsubmit;

rsubmit;
data _null_;
        infile indir ("res_tvmx_daily.zip") truncover;
        input;
        file   outdir("res_tvmx_daily_&today..zip");
        put _infile_;
endrsubmit;

Any thoughts on that?

thanks,
bruce

Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the MVS Environment

Author: Tuning SAS Applications in the OS/390 and z/OS Environments,
Second Edition
http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=58172

Author: The Complete Guide to SAS Indexes
http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=60409

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is
serious. - Brendan Gill