>   SET NEW1;
>   SET NEW3;
>   SET NEW2;
>   SET VECT;
>   ARRAY VX{&IND1} $20. VX1-VX&IND1 ;
>   ARRAY VY{&IND2} $20.  VY1-VY&IND2;
>   ARRAY SR{&IND1} $20.;
>   ARRAY SC{&IND2} $20.;
>   ARRAY PIJ{&IND1,&IND2} $20. PIJ1-PIJ&IND;
>   FORMAT CATEGVAX $ 20.  CATEGVAY $ 20. MODEL $ 40.;
>[/code]
>
>First of all I don't understand what it want to do cause:

Well, *I* don't know what it wantes to do either, because it's not
well-written code.  I take it you're stuck with this mess?

>I don't Know &IND at the third line;

It's a macro variable that you have to load in, probably with a
%LET statement, which is bad programming on someone else's
part, because it should be a parameter of the macro.

Ditto for &IND2 .

>I don't understand the RETAIN statement from the manual.
>Please for the suggestions and thanks for the help.
>
>Donato

I don't think the person who coded this up understood RETAIN either,
so you may have the right idea, but are being confused by the weird
code that you have here.

It *looks* like someone didn't understand how to use PROC
TRANSPOSE.  Or several other SAS tools.

So what is this thing supposed to do?  What a name like MODEL,
I assume it is supposed to create some kind of model with results.
I would be hesitant to assume that it does, without reading all
the code and all the documentation first...

HTH,
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=yp.bars~yp.pizza~yp.movie%20theater&cp=42.358996~-71.056691&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=950607&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01
0
davidlcassell (5567)

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #2
Alan, not precisely clear what you are searching think thus also about this kind of program in addition to the mprint mfile answer of ~data _null_ HTH Andre libname malibmac "d:\temp"; options mstores sasmstore=malibmac; %macro foobar(aarg)/store source des='nothing or interresting'; %put arg=&arg; %mend; %copy foobar/source; Alan Churchill a �crit : > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > bname malibmac "d:\f\"; > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 m�l : wielki@ined.fr t�l : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #2
SNOTES is an approximately daily email from SAS STech Support listing the new or changed usage notes since the last email. So the item pertaining to you was: 32792 - SAS prompts you to rebuild the index when you press F1 to request help while running a SAS procedure in SAS 9.2 Release(s) Reported: 9.2 Release(s) Fixed: Date Created: 28JUL2008 Date Last Updated: 11AUG2008 http://support.sas.com/kb/32792.html To subscribe, go to http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/snotes.html You'll get an extra email on most workdays, but if you subscribe to SAS-L you'll hardly notice one more. There's also http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/tsnews.html It has news about tech support office hours and a few other things. If you want even more news, and you have an RSS reader, you can go to http://support.sas.com/community/rss/index.html On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:10:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00), "Peter Flom" <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com> said: > Hi Jack > > I don't think I've ever looked at tech support notes ..... where is it? > Is it useful for browsing? > > Peter > > -----Original Message----- > >From: Jack Hamilton <jfh@alumni.stanford.org> > >Sent: Aug 25, 2008 11:08 AM > >To: Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com>, "sas-l@listserv.uga.edu" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > >Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Updat...

Re: Exit SAS gracefully / Condtional execution of code without SAS macro #2
I recall hearing an explanation of why %IF can't be made to work in open code, but I can't remember exactly what it is. Anyone else remember? It would cause an incompatibility or ambiguity of some kind, I think. It's not too hard to ignore only a single statement in open code: ===== SAS v9 %let go = 1; data _null_; %sysfunc(ifc(&GO., put 'go was true', put 'go was false', put 'go was missing')); run; %let go = 0; data _null_; %sysfunc(ifc(&GO., put 'go was true', put 'go was false', put 'go was missing')); run;...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: A PROBLEM ABOUT MAX FUCTION IMPLEMENTATION IN SAS CODE #2
Justforit, You are mixing the Macro language with SAS. Working with an MN[i,j] structure in a DATA step is usually done by means of arrays. Largely guessing about your goal, I assume you are "playing" with DATA step trying to write your own scheme for obtaining the maximum of MN[i,j] without resorting to the MAX function for the sake of exercise. Before using an array, you should define it first: data test2 (drop = _:) ; set test ; array mn [2, 3] _numeric_ ; do _i = lbound1(mn) to hbound1(mn) ; do _j = lbound2(mn) to hbound2(mn) ; if max_mn < mn[_i, _j] then m...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: how to solve interesting math problems by using sas code #2
I think the rule is that you can use the two number more than once: (3-2)/(3+2)=1/5 Now the question is can you use the operator more than once, something like: 1/(1+2+1+1)=1/5? On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:52:40 -0800, tanwanzang@YAHOO.COM wrote: >Mu Mu > >you can quickly rule out multiplication, addition ,subtraction since >your nine numbers are integers. You remain with division and your >problem is reduced. Also since 1/5 is < 1, the numerator in the >division has to be smaller than the denominator, you only have to look >at a subset of the possible divisions,so your problem is reduced >further. Now you cas do this on a piece of paper and forget about >writing SAS code. It's interesting how people can put different interpretations on the same set of statements. I read the original problem as 1. We have nine digits in a specific order 2. We can put any of the four basic arithmetical operators between any two digits - a given operator can be used more than once 3. The resulting expression, when evaluated using the normal rules of operator precedence, must equal 1/5 There is no mention of allowing the use of parentheses or any other method of overriding normal operator precedence. There is no mention of allowing the digit order to be rearranged. Offhand, it seems to me that if you allow the use digits multiple times, there are an infinite number of solutions - the problem is unsolvable. So, for instance 1234/56789 would be legal te...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code
I want the statements only, not the processing. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, [mailto:iebupdte@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:20 AM To: Alan Churchill Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code You need to provide more details. It is unclear to me if you want the statements generated by the macro MPRINT/MFILE written to the file or the MACRO definition FILE/PUT. Syntax MFILE | NOMFILE MFILE routes output produced by the MPRINT option to an external file. This is useful for debugging. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > ...

Re: How to get the location of SAS code in the same SAS code thru #4
I use a macro from Frank DiIorio, CodeCrafters, Inc. that rely on SAS Dictionary Tables: %macro source_code/store; %global source_code; proc sql noprint; select XPath into :Source_Code separated by ' ' from dictionary.extfiles where fileref like "#LN00006" ; quit; %mend; The store is optional since I like to store compiled macros in a single location and call in with a mstored and sasmstore= options. I just add the following to my code to get a footnote indicating the full path and name of code submitted: %source_code; footnote1 "SOURCE CODE: &source_c...

Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 #2
The problem may be with Windows Firewall/McAfee/Other Antivirus programs blocking all but some programs from using FTP. > Our program run on z/OS, but the same problem occurs on windows. > There is no problem accessing the same ftp server from a native ftp client, and ping works as well. > > I have opened an issue with SAS. > > Gadi > > > ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #8
You are not consistent. One time you say you don't want to execute the macro then you say you do. Question: Where is the "macro" when YOU begin to want it? Please describe your processing in complete detail. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I actually never want to store the macro code. I only want it available in a > temp file which I then consume. For example: > > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > ...do some sas stuff... > run; > %mend; > > > I want to save the contents, formatted, into a text file (i.e. > c:\temp\program.sas) which I can then consume in another application. I also > want to execute the code. Hence: > > %xyz; > > Save the contents of the macro file to a text file with CRLF included. I > don't want the run, merely the statements. > > Thoughts? > > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savian > www.savian.net > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, > Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) > Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:15 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code > > you want to save the macro code in its own file > > access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: > SASautos > > Tutorials > A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros > > http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk fo...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #3
You need to provide more details. It is unclear to me if you want the statements generated by the macro MPRINT/MFILE written to the file or the MACRO definition FILE/PUT. Syntax MFILE | NOMFILE MFILE routes output produced by the MPRINT option to an external file. This is useful for debugging. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #7
I don't believe there is inconsistency in my statement. I don't want the log (run), just the statements. A macro is a macro so I can always run it if need be but the main gist is that I need the statements. I will just break the statements myself and do the formatting using Don's technique. Thanks for the help, Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, [mailto:iebupdte@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:05 AM To: Alan Churchill Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code You are not consistent. One time you say you don't want to execute the macro then you say you do. Question: Where is the "macro" when YOU begin to want it? Please describe your processing in complete detail. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I actually never want to store the macro code. I only want it available in a > temp file which I then consume. For example: > > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > ...do some sas stuff... > run; > %mend; > > > I want to save the contents, formatted, into a text file (i.e. > c:\temp\program.sas) which I can then consume in another application. I also > want to execute the code. Hence: > > %xyz; > > Save the contents of the macro file to a text file with CRLF included. I > don't want the run, merely the statements. > > Thoughts? > > Alan...

Re: How to get the location of SAS code in the same SAS code thru #3 685847
> From: Alok > I am facing a problem in which I need to get the > location/path of a SAS code in a macro variable. I need to > use the macro variable in the same SAS code. Is there any SAS > option available which can do this for me? Or is there a code > snippet which can achieve the same purpose? - - - MyMacro.sas - - - %macro MyMacro(path=); %*...; %Mend; - - - MyProgram.sas - - - %Let Path2MyMacro = c:\temp\MyMacro.sas; %Include "&Path2MyMacro."; %MyMacro(path = &Path2MyMacro.); Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #12
OK, now I get it. You don't know that you already have what you need. In your example you say... Suppose I have this code: %macro xyz; data temp.temp4; .do some sas stuff. run; %mend; So you have it you don't need to get it you've already got it. The formatting that you desire is right there, no problem. If the macro is in aggregate storage location then you also "have it". It is waiting be auto called, read with infile, or opened with an editor. If it is stored compiled and the source was saved you can look at the source just as Andre suggested using %copy. If calling the macro with RESOLVE returns gt 32767 characters what do you do then? You could read the compiled macro from the work.sasmacr. Limited testing suggests that the formatting you desire is preserved in the catalog entry. filename ft56f001 catalog 'work.sasmacr.<NAME>.macro'; data _null_; infile ft56f001; input; list; run; On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I don't believe there is inconsistency in my statement. I don't want the log > (run), just the statements. A macro is a macro so I can always run it if > need be but the main gist is that I need the statements. > > I will just break the statements myself and do the formatting using Don's > technique. > > Thanks for the help, > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savian > www.savian.net > > > -----Original Message---...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #10
Summary: Macro generation of correct SAS code requires SAS execution. #iw-value=1 Alan, I do not see how this is possible. Consider: %macro q ( seed=0 ) ; %local cum ; data w ( keep = r ) ; do i = 1 to 20 ; r = ranuni ( &seed ) ; output ; end ; run ; data _null_ ; set w end = eof ; cum + r ; if eof then call symputx ( "cum" , cum ) ; run ; title1 "Cum = &cum" ; %mend q ; This macro ends up generating a TITLE statement. However, that title statement depends on the execution of the previous steps. Hence it cannot be generated by the macro facility without actually executing the previously generated code. The problem is similar to that of using CALL EXECUTE to generate SAS code via a macro call. In the case of CALL EXECUTE one can work around the problem by using %NRSTR to hide the call during the DATA step execution, but you have explicitly required the macro to generate correct code without executing. Now there is no work around. In essence you are asking, "Is the macro facility so weak that there is a program that can predict the output of every macro without executing it?" Since that output can depend on the execution of SAS code, one must first be able to predict the result of executing every SAS program without actually doing the executing. It seems highly unlikely that the SAS Institute is up to the jo...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #5
you want to save the macro code in its own file access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: SASautos Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Churchill > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > Suppose I have this code: > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > .do some sas stuff. > run; > %mend; > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I > can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #9
Remember the formatting/indentation is lost in macro anyway as white space = is not relevant. The best you can do is what mprint does for you - a new st= atement on column 1 on on new line. =20 -don> Date: Tue=2C 12 Aug 2008 08:38:31 -0600> From: savian001@GMAIL.COM> S= ubject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA= ..EDU> > Good Don. I should have remembered that trick from SGF. One minor i= ssue=2C it> doesn't preserve formatting. Other than doing the string split = myself=2C any> suggestions?> > Alan> > Alan Churchill> Savian> www.savian.n= et> > > -----Original Message-----> From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@L= ISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don> Henderson> Sent: Tuesday=2C August 12=2C= 2008 7:37 AM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Subject: FW: Include SAS code w/= o including SAS code> > resending as I did not mean to send to just Andre> = > ----------------------------------------> > From: donaldjhenderson@hotmai= l.com> > To: wielki@ined.fr> > Subject: RE: Include SAS code w/o including = SAS code> > Date: Tue=2C 12 Aug 2008 13:34:41 +0000> >> >> > Alan=2C> >> > = If you want the generated SAS code try (untested):> >> > data _null_=3B> > = file "code.sas"=3B> > length code $32000=3B> > code =3D resolve('%xyz')=3B>= > put code=3B> > run=3B> &g...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #13
What you ask can be done (just about <anything> can be done in sas), but at what price? The put statement is your friend--think if you were to generate a whole job, not just a macro. The problem comes if you have any macro variables that would need to be resolved when the second job runs-- now you have to play with quoting, so that sas doesn't try to interpret them at compile time. And that can cause horrible headaches, esp if there are some macro vars that you do want evaluated at compile time. I have some code that was used on the mainframe to generate dynamically created jobs that were then submitted either right into the reader or across the wire to another machine--jcl, including macro resolutions for pds, member name and ds name, as well as the job logic. It was a real hassle to maintain, and difficult for a new person to pick up without doing a lot of hand holding (or try and be patient, and after the 5th mistake, they figure it out). Trying to coordinate batch processing across multiple machines, when you have an established production window, where you can't be waiting indefinitely for a dataset that may never come-- presents its own set of challenges. If you're still curious, let me know and I'll pass it along. CH On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:38:11 -0600, Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Thanks Ian. > >I actually switched it over to a %include since readability is critical >here. The only other method I can th...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #11
Thanks Ian. I actually switched it over to a %include since readability is critical here. The only other method I can think of is to use datalines but that is not as convenient either. The underlying problem behind this exercise was: How can I have a set of valid SAS statements be filed into a text file and also be available for execution? Immediately, I said %include since that is obvious. However, I was hoping to also be able to see the lines and make quick modifications in the editor. Since I have had time to think about it some more, I decided to go ahead and split it out into 2 programs and simply %include them. That way I retain formatting. The only negative is that they are now in 2 tabs but I can live with that. All of the exploration done by people and pointing out various options has been helpful. The formatting though is critical and I don't want to run my cleaner on it. Sometimes it is best to just KISS. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: iw1junk@comcast.net [mailto:iw1junk@comcast.net] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:29 AM To: SAS(r) Discussion Cc: Alan Churchill Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code Summary: Macro generation of correct SAS code requires SAS execution. #iw-value=1 Alan, I do not see how this is possible. Consider: %macro q ( seed=0 ) ; %local cum ; data w ( keep = r ) ; do i = 1 to 20 ; r = ranuni ( &seed ) ; output ; ...

Web resources about - Re: Problems with SAS code #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Corona Gets Ready to Rumble With Adrien 'The Problem' Broner
... presenting sponsor of "Premier Boxing Champions," gets ready to rumble with its spot featuring professional boxers including Adrien "The Problem" ...

Sanders Wins Millennial Women Two-to-One; Clinton Would Have Millennial Problem in General Election
Just some of the information from a new USA Today poll ( source ) by Gaius Publius Buried in a USA Today polling story with the headline "Poll ...

No Manuel! The Government Is the Problem. Not The Exits.
I find it difficult to publicly refute Manuel Trajtenberg. He is a man of high integrity and has done wonderful things for the State of Israel. ...

Ford has solved a problem for owners of its biggest pickup trucks
For a lot of drivers, it's hard to imagine life before cameras on cars and trucks. Rear-, side, and forward cameras have made parallel parking ...

Reports of voting problems surface in Florida primary
Some voting machines in the Jacksonville area were down Tuesday morning, and some Orlando-area reportedly ran out of ballots

Researchers Crack 50-Year-Old Nuclear Waste Problem
Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have cracked a 50-year-old nuclear waste problem that will make nuclear storage ...

World's $78 trillion pension problem
Dreams of lengthy cruises and beach life may be just that, with 20 of the world’s biggest countries facing a $78 trillion pension shortfall, ...

Apple cites iPhone, Mac security problems in rebuttal to FBI demands
In a lengthy legal rebuttal to the U.S. government, Apple yesterday deployed an unusual defense that its devices are susceptible to attack to ...

eBay Solves The Most Annoying Problem Of Selling: Packing Things And Shipping Them
There’s a problem with being only an occasional eBay seller: you don’t have a warehouse full of boxes and packing material like a full-time business. ...