Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4

No, sorry if I made it sound that way.....

SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are
structured, what the statements look like, and so on.  Not like French
and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish.  More like English and
Swahilli.

R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language.
But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike
the situation with Linux)

Peter

>>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote

Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in
all
sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment.
0
flom (910)