Re: read Access data in SAS #2

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:46:26 -0500, Bruce J <chimanbj@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>If you have Access to PC File Formats, you can use the syntax:

for SAS V. 9+

clarification: "Access" above refers to SAS/Access;"access" below refers to
MS Access

>Libname mdb access "PATH\file.mdb";

0
nospam1405 (4666)

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #2
Chandra - this isn't my expertise area - I'm sure others may have better ideas but I'll make three comments. If your datasets have a large number of variables, in your datastep method a WHERE clause will be more efficient - the IF statement causes each record to be fully read before it can be selected for deletion. A WHERE clause would only read the single variable in the case of records that meet the criteria for deletion. Data prod.Master_date; set prod.master_date; where snap_dt ne "&end_dt"d; run; You probably would be better off changing your data model though - my first thought would to be to store your data as separate yearly or monthly files and then access them with a view of the past two years or 24 months. With each month or year you would delete the oldest file and change the view one time period forward. *set up the data; data time1 time2 time3 time4; do i = 1 to 100; do t = 1 to 4; if t=1 then output time1; if t=2 then output time2; if t=3 then output time3; if t=4 then output time4; end; end; run; *three successive example views; data filet1 / view=filet1; set time1 time2; run; data filet2 / view=filet2; set time2 time3; run; data filet3 / view=filet3; set time3 time4; run; One more thought - since the data are appended - if the file is not reordered and you have the record counts from each append - then you can use firsto...

Read access data in sas #2
Just use import on the the file menu and sas will take you through the steps. Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:13:53 -0400 From: Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> Subject: read Access data in SAS Guys, I was given a Access data file to do some analysis. Can anyone share your idea or code of how to read Access data in SAS. Do I have to go into Access and export or do Import in SAS? Thanks. ...

Re: read Access data in SAS
If you have Access to PC File Formats, you can use the syntax: Libname mdb access "PATH\file.mdb"; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Little T Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: read Access data in SAS Guys, I was given a Access data file to do some analysis. Can anyone share your idea or code of how to read Access data in SAS. Do I have to go into Access and export or do Import in SAS? Thanks. ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas? #2
I think SPSS and DBMSCopy can read SAS datasets. Also for sure WPS. Gerhard On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:43:44 -0700, RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas and have >observations and variables etc. rather than having meaningless chunks >of text? ...

Re: how to read quarterly data in SAS? #2
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:26:04 -0000, Richard <hujian@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I got the error message when I was using informat yyq. The original >data set is in .txt and delimited by space. > >data sen.sensitive; >infile 'sensitive.txt'; >input time $ yyq6. growth sensitive insensitive differnce recession; >rat=sen/in; >run; > >ERROR 48-59: The informat $YYQ was not found or could not be loaded. > >any thought? It's numeric. Remove the dollar sign ($). Thanks a lot! It works. On Nov 3, 6:27 pm, nos...@HOWLES.COM ("Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>") wrote: > On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:26:04 -0000, Richard <huj...@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >I got the error message when I was using informat yyq. The original > >data set is in .txt and delimited by space. > > >data sen.sensitive; > >infile 'sensitive.txt'; > >input time $ yyq6. growth sensitive insensitive differnce recession; > >rat=sen/in; > >run; > > >ERROR 48-59: The informat $YYQ was not found or could not be loaded. > > >any thought? > > It's numeric. Remove the dollar sign ($). ...

Re: SAS Reading Cognos Data #2
I have worked at two sites that used both SAS and Cognos, at both we dumped data from Cognos PowerPlay (an OLAP / multidimensional tool) into CSV (comma separated value) text files, if we wanted to analyse it in SAS. If we wanted to go the other way we did the same thing - dump it into a delimited text file. I doubt that you could use ODBC since it is tightly bound to SQL and relational-like structures. (I'm fairly sure there isn't an ODBC driver for Cognos PowerPlay.) SAS does provide the "SAS Access Interface to OLE DB" and both SAS and Cognos PowerPlay can be OLE DB co...

Re: read Access data in SAS #4
You can use PROC IMPORT. Here is some sample code for SAS (doesn't work the same for EG I have found): proc import database = 'Accessfilename' datatable = 'AccessTable' out = datasetname dbms = access replace; run; Replace the italicized text with your pertinent info. Hope this helps, Nancy >>> Kevin Viel <kviel@SFBRGENETICS.ORG> 10/12/2007 10:08:36 AM >>> > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Little T > Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:14 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: read Access data in SAS > > Guys, I was given a Access data file to do some analysis. Can > anyone share your idea or code of how to read Access data in > SAS. Do I have to go into Access and export or do Import in SAS? I favor DDE. I prefer to list each variable, but my datasets are typically small or contain the same type of variables... Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: read Access data in SAS #3
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Little T > Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:14 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: read Access data in SAS > > Guys, I was given a Access data file to do some analysis. Can > anyone share your idea or code of how to read Access data in > SAS. Do I have to go into Access and export or do Import in SAS? I favor DDE. I prefer to list each variable, but my datasets are typically small or contain the same type of variables... Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: SAS/ACCESS
DBMAX_TEXT does the trick; thank you all who helped! Matt -----Original Message----- From: Jack Hamilton [mailto:jfh@stanfordalumni.org] Sent: Sat 1/24/2009 1:42 AM To: Pettis, Matthew (Prof II&RS) Cc: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS/ACCESS - Oracle: setting field lengths in SAS datasets returned from passthrough Does the DBMAX_TEXT option do what you want? http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/acreldb.hlp/a003113591.htm -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram On Jan 22, 2009, at 8:57 am, Matthew Pettis wrote: > Hi, > > > > I have a CLOB coming back from an Oracle passthrough query that is > >1024 > in length. How do I specify that my receiving variable in a SAS > dataset > be longer than 1024 characters to accommodate this? By default, I get > SAS thinking that this is 1024 characters, when it is really a CLOB > and > I want to set some large default length on this variable length... > > > > Thanks, > Matt ...

Re: Read SAS date from log/turning it into SAS datetime value #2
Hi Richard, Rich The datestyle Rich0850 finds, occurs in the log produced by a batch-sas session - and doesn't appear on an interactive-sas session log. Where you can anticipate the use for later parsing of the log, I would reccommend - as Richard (Richard A. DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>) did - insert into the autoexec, a statement to generate a more-easily read datetime. In all my sessions, (keeping altlogs of all interactive sessions has proved very very useful, time and again) I have this statement at the end of the autoexec....... %put starting (contract/project/applicatio...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Reading unstructured data using SAS #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Ashok posted, in part, the following: <<Ashok's entire original posting can be found beneath the Sig line>> > I want to read an html file using sas. The content of the file is > pasted > below. The sample file is the single record copied from html. <<SNIP!>> > > Can we use SAS to read unstructured data ? I can't answer your exact question, but can point you to a resource that you can use to explore this issue further. Check out the SAS 9.2 Language Reference Dictionary http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/61724...

Re: help with reading ASCII data into SAS #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of olivesecret@GMAIL.COM > Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:50 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: help with reading ASCII data into SAS > > Yes, I did it with delimiter=',' dsd firstobs=2, but was told invalid > data for each variable. > Any more suggestions? Thanks a lot! > > You will need to show us the actual code you are using to read the file if you want more than just a guess as to what went wrong. Seeing the log file with actual error message would be helpful as well. Dan Daniel J. Nordlund Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Planning, Performance, and Accountability Research and Data Analysis Division Olympia, WA 98504-5204 Here is my code: data data; infile 'data.txt' delimiter=',' dsd firstobs=2; input site id pid it $ dd itd rtd linkid sp fc dtc dtm u $5. ; run; Here is one more obs: 1,4,1004,"JS",9/27/2008 0:00:00,1,1,57,11,10,10/3/2008 11:31:17,10/3/2008= 11:31:17,"AVRC\psuggett" Other obs are similar. Thank you very much! On Nov 5, 12:24 pm, Nord...@DSHS.WA.GOV ("Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)") wrote: > > -----Original Message----- > > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SA...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > > Behalf Of olivesec...@GMAIL.COM > > Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:50 AM > > To: SA...@...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: MVS Merge Variable Data Using SAS Merge or SAS SQL JOIN #2
A: You may want to consider using nested queries to create the keys that you need to join the tables? That gives the SQL compiler a way to bound the search space. For example, proc sql; create table temp as select * from (select <key transformation>,* from small) as t1 left join (select <key transformation>,* from large) as t2 on t1.<transformed key> EQT t2.<transformed key> ; Now the SQL compiler has two keys from the same domain that it can index or use as sort keys. This method works with composite keys as well. Just make sure that the <transformed key> v...

Re: How to Read PDF/RTF data in to SAS datasets #2
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:50:49 GMT, John I <not@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Frank Poppe wrote: > >> John I schreef: >> >>> Richard A. DeVenezia wrote: >>> >>> > "Susiyanto, Dwi (GE Money)" wrote: >>> >> Hi SAS experts, >>> >> I have data of account list (that is like text file) in PDF/RTF >>> >> format. If i looked in RTF/PDF , it will show the column and account >>> >> list (including header of report), but when i do to copy paste to >>> >> text file (by using edi...

Re: read excel data cell and formula from SAS #2
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:46:23 -0400, Joan Zhao <hongzl@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: >Hi, everyone: > >Does anybody know that how can I read a specific data cell in a EXCEL file >from SAS through DDE? What's command or function can I use? Any reason you can't do it the usual way, by having the triplet point to just the one cell? >In addition, >how can I read a formula in EXCEL through DDE from SAS? I haven't tried this, but what happens if Excel is told to display the formula rather than the value in the cell being read? Tools:Options:View:Formulas > >I&#...

Re: SAS/ACCESS for Oracle: data type problem #2
matt, Is the oracle client compatible with you SAS 9 version ? Even if you chang something in SAS config by a hot fix, verify the version of your DBMS client, too. See the SAS support site for this. St�phane. Selon Matt_Pettis <Matthew.Pettis@GMAIL.COM>: > Hi, > > I've posted on this topic before > (http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.sas/tree/browse_frm/thread/77dfbc8956ae56a1/d8ea0ade2a09415d?rnum=1&q=datatype+that+is+not+supported&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.soft-sys.sas%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F77dfbc8956ae56a1%3Ftvc%3D1%26q%3Ddatatype+that+is+not+sup...

Re: Trying to read very dirty txt data into sas #2
David, If you read the data as a stream you can load what you want into a single variable and then parse that variable directly. DATA email; INFILE 'email.txt' recfm=n LRECL=32767; INPUT email $char32767.; RUN; data parse; set email; start=index(email,'<MESSAGE>')+9; end=index(email,'</MESSAGE>'); emailp1=substr(email,start,end-start); run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Fickbohm Sent: Tuesday, August 1...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Web resources about - Re: read Access data in SAS #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

OBAMA: If government can't access phones 'everybody is walking around with a Swiss Bank account in their ...
... our data is different and can be walled off from those other trade-offs we make, I believe is incorrect," Obama told the crowd. Yet, access ...

Ankara court bans Facebook and Twitter access - Business Insider
Turkey last year blocked access to Twitter over the sharing of photographs of a prosecutor being held at gunpoint by far-left militants.

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...