Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #3 1556255

I think the easiest solution would be to use the mainframe job scheduler to
submit your job in a hold state, looking for a trigger dataset (once the
trigger dataset appears, the job is released from hold).  You would ftp
that dataset up to the mainframe as needed (and since the system is simply
looking for the presence of a file, it can be a single line).

If you need to pass parameters, you could include them in the trigger file,
and have the first step of your mainframe job read the file for the
parameters.

And, while some of us mainframers learned on a system that used all capital
letters, you don't need to capitalize MAINFRAME anymore.  :-)

HTH,
CH