Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #3 672823

Saket,

This is easy. Say your JCL is located in

AAA.BBB.CCC(JCL)

on the Real Computer. From UNIX, run

filename mfjcl ftp "'AAA.BBB.CCC(JCL)'"
   host = <host name>
   user = <mf userid>
   pass = <mf pass>
;
filename subjcl ftp "intrdr"
   rcmd = "site filetype=jes"
   host = "&host"
   user = "&user"
   pass = "&pass"
;
data _null_ ;
   infile mfjcl ;
   input ;
   file subjcl ;
   put _infile_ ;
run ;

FTP grabs the JCL from the Real Computer, then writes it back but now to
the internal reader, thus immediately submitting the job. If at the
moment you were in SDSF, you would see the job pop up in the queue (FTP
does not interfere with you being logged on the mainframe already).

I have just found the method indispensable when I need to operate
without logging on the mainframe yet the SAS program needs to mount a
tape, rendering SAS/Connect useless (in most installations, the
interactive mf session invoked by SAS/Connect, cannot mount tapes).

Kind regards
Paul Dorfman
Jax, FL