From: D T [mailto:sasandstats@live.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:33 AM
To: Mike Rhoads; sas-l@listserv.uga.edu
Subject: RE: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2

Is SAS 9.2 phase 2 the update to the first version of 9.2? I am waiting for=
 the update since there is supposed to be a correction to a bug within the =
survey procedures ... can you confirm this? Also, if that's correct, how do=
 you get it? I couldn't find an announcement on the SAS website ...

Thanks!

D.

> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:23:27 -0400
> From: RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM
> Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2
> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>
> It is now shipping, at least in the U.S. as of last week, or so I've been=
 told from reliable sources. (I'm a little surprised they didn't make a big=
ger deal of it at the conference.)

> I don't know about abroad. I've heard that new releases can be slower to =
arrive there.

________________________________
Windows Live(tm) SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.<=
http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_032009>
0
RHOADSM1 (792)

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #2
Jerry: your comment about JBoss indicates you're doing a server install you want to choose: Select Deployment Type ( ) ... (*) Install Additional Software http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide check only these two Products (*) SAS Enterprise Guide ( ) SAS Formats library for Teradata (*) SAS Foundation Ron > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Davis > Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:12 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Please share: Updated PC S...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2
D T wrote: > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread, but am also very interested >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend >it? Also, can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the >context >of this migration? I downloaded phase 2 a couple days ago and today I decided to install it on a test machine. It did not go smoothly. At one point I did have SAS working and could run programs, but the install process was very perplexing. Here are some observations. 9.2 ph...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #3
Thank you=2C Jerry! I appreciate your feedback! D.T. > Date: Thu=2C 14 May 2009 16:12:22 -0400 > From: jwd@UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phas= e 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > D T wrote: >=20 > > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread=2C but am also very interested > >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC > >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend > >it? Also=2C can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #2
As im sitting here on this fine Friday reading this post I have to wonder if SAS institute will get its head dislodged from its posterior when it comes to learning how to write a proper installation program. This all reminds me of when BI first came out and the install was so freakin horrible that they eventually had to devote tracks at the next SUGI on BI instillation problems. Im sorry but whom ever is in charge of these should be fired and they need to get someone in there who has a clue. Or at the very least can think from a users perspective for a fraction of a second. Okay im done bi...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2
I am following Ronald Fehd's thread=2C but am also very interested in findi= ng out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC SAS 9.2 phase= 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend it? Also=2C can s= omeone clarify what is considered metadata in the context of this migration= ? Thanks! D.T. _________________________________________________________________ Windows Live=99: Keep your life in sync. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_BR_life_in_synch_052009= ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2
It is now shipping, at least in the U.S. as of last week, or so I've been told from reliable sources. (I'm a little surprised they didn't make a bigger deal of it at the conference.) I don't know about abroad. I've heard that new releases can be slower to arrive there. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of GADI_B@MALAM.COM Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:51 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 Hi everyone, Does anyone know when SAS 9.2 Phase 2 will be available? Gadi ...

Re: Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2 #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Jerry posted the following: > Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major > differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? > > From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new > installer that helps with upgrades. Jerry, yea; I've got them right here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html With a simple click of the old mouse, you can check out the differences bet= ween (8.2) and (9.0, 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3) or between the aforementioned and S= AS 9.2. I've gotta warn you the...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #3
Is SAS 9.2 phase 2 the update to the first version of 9.2? I am waiting for= the update since there is supposed to be a correction to a bug within the = survey procedures ... can you confirm this? Also=2C if that's correct=2C ho= w do you get it? I couldn't find an announcement on the SAS website ... Thanks! D. > Date: Thu=2C 26 Mar 2009 08:23:27 -0400 > From: RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > It is now shipping=2C at least in the U.S. as of last week=2C or so I've = been told from reliable sources. ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #4
Thanks for the info! I am going to take a look if it has been updated! D. > Date: Thu=2C 26 Mar 2009 10:39:59 -0400 > From: RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > Considering the time gap between 9.1 and 9.2=2C would that be an epoch? = =3B-) >=20 > I'm cautiously optimistic that it will not take quite as long to get from= 9.2 to 9.3. Not holding my breath though ... >=20 > Mike Rhoads > RhoadsM1@Westat.com >=20 >=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: Mike Zdeb [mailto:msz03@albany.e...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #8
speaking from own personal point of view when SAS tech support finishes with all the Q about "My license expired, today!" then they may get around to rolling out these server products. (my personal) expectation: end of month and you now ask: "Which month." ask again tomorrow, the first Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install
Hi, I'm responding to the post by Jerry Davis re: installing SAS 9.2, phase 2 on a single Windows machine, not a server. I have installed phase 2 and had SAS 9.1.3 already installed. So my experience is not with an upgrade from Phase 1. I had similar experience to what Jerry Davis reports. So I've been on the phone with tech support. The best result I got from that is, for a single install, stop the Deployment Wizard (not a quick and easy task). Then run it from a command line and two options as follows -- d:\setup.exe -forceinstall - skipplanning (or whatever drive letter). T...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #5
Considering the time gap between 9.1 and 9.2, would that be an epoch? ;-) I'm cautiously optimistic that it will not take quite as long to get from 9.2 to 9.3. Not holding my breath though ... Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: Mike Zdeb [mailto:msz03@albany.edu] Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:35 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2 hi ... hopefully the "creating index" each time you open online help within a session has been fixed !!! so now we have "phases" ... so V8.2 and V9.1.3 versus V9.2.phase...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #7
On Mar 26, 2009, at 10:39 am, Mike Rhoads wrote: > Considering the time gap between 9.1 and 9.2, would that be an > epoch? ;-) > > I'm cautiously optimistic that it will not take quite as long to get > from 9.2 to 9.3. Not holding my breath though ... They are, at least, now talking about what might be in 9.3. (Don't ask me what - I'm not sure that the person who mentioned it was supposed to do so.) -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram > > > Mike Rhoads > RhoadsM1@Westat.com > > > -----Original...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #6
hi ... hopefully the "creating index" each time you open online help within a session has been fixed !!! so now we have "phases" ... so V8.2 and V9.1.3 versus V9.2.phase2 ... I see V10.1.moodswing1 on the horizon -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475 > That is correct -- Phase 2 updates the "Foundation" products (Base SAS, SAS/GRAPH, etc.), and also I believe is the first release for BI and some > other server-based products like that. (We don't license these, s...

Re: Status of EG 4.2 and SAS 9.2 #2
This is truly shocking and sad. My guess is serious metadata migration issues are holding the "phase 2" release with the massive redesign of the metadata server... I really want this release for the production statistical graphics (we are server based with EG usage, so 9.2 won't work yet) and the new EG interface. Thanks for the replies so far, hoping someone else can provide a solid answer, but maybe there isn't one? Regards, Stephen On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Jack Hamilton <jfh@stanfordalumni.org>wrote: > It's been delayed so many times that everyon...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #4
Many thanks for the command-line options! ESD time, Win workstation: download: ~5 hours extract : ~1 hour total : 6 hours installation on a workstation: ~2-3 hours when you know the menu picks, by heart and you watch the wizard dialog, closely R > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of H. > Lawrence Hotchkiss > Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:55 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Cc: larryh@zebra.us.udel.edu > Subject: Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install > > Hi, > > I'm respo...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #7
We also experienced the problem trying to do a 9.2 phase 2 install for a stand-alone system. As someone ahas already pointed out all of the plan files were for multi-system installations and we were unable to get a custom plan file made. Tech support said that the sales people were responsible for making plan files, and our sales rep said that tech support should make one for us. I found that one could choose the "Install Additional Software" option in the Deployment Wizard and then pick the components you want to install, including goodies like Enterprise Guide, XML Mapper, NV Work...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #3
The same comments apply to their procedures for applying updates. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Tots units fem for´┐Ża! On May 15, 2009, at 8:25 am, Toby Dunn wrote: > As im sitting here on this fine Friday reading this post I have to > wonder > if SAS institute will get its head dislodged from its posterior when > it > comes to learning how to write a proper installation program. This > all > reminds me of when BI first came out and the install was so freakin > horrible that they eventually had to devote tracks at the next SUGI > on BI > instillat...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #6
"Fehd, Ronald J. wrote: > Many thanks for the command-line options! I think the problems Larry and I had are different from the product selection dialog you described in a previous post. The Education Analytic Suite (EAS) came pre-configured to use pre-planned installation scenarios. During installation, one of the scenarios had to be selected and all scenarios required the installation of server components (BI, Metadata etc). Using the -skipplanning command line option switch or changing an option in a .xml configuration file overrides the default action and allows a basic singl...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #5
"H. Lawrence Hotchkiss" wrote: > I had similar experience to what Jerry Davis reports. So I've been on the phone > with tech support. The best result I got from that is, for a single install, > stop the Deployment Wizard (not a quick and easy task). Then run it from a > command line and two options as follows -- > > d:\setup.exe -forceinstall - skipplanning > > (or whatever drive letter). This still took over an hour on my somewhat retarded > PC, but it does bypass most of the dialogs with questions you probably don't > know the answer to. ...

Re: SAS 9.2 phase 2 install #8
Hi experiencing with 9.2.1 in last december as a test, i have had no problem in downloading the depot. BUT when i was installing it on a pc, i took a bad decision to install it together with an already installed 9.1.3 version and a later mistake was the first choice of a install directory. Once it was done , i discover that it was not possible to change that for ever! until i decide to disinstall and clear every corner of directories and subdirectories linked to a sas install here a list as sample on my pc(french windows xp version) D : \My SAS Files and on C:\ first uninstall every part of s...

Re: SAS 8.2 to SAS 9.1 libname convertion #2
I am able to read Access 2000 tables using SAS 9.1.3, with syntax modeled on yours. Try proc contents data=bb._all_; run; to see what tables and views are detected. On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:51:40 -0700, DC <chendlcan@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >my codes created on SAS 8.2 does not work on SAS 9.1? >Anyone knows how to convert the below code to SAS 9.1? >Thanks a lot! > >SAS 8.2: >libname bb dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' bbb='asdfgh >zxcvbn'; >libname cc dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' ccc='asd zxc'; > >proc sql; > cre...

SAS 9.2 Phase 2
Hi everyone, =20 Does anyone know when SAS 9.2 Phase 2 will be available? =20 Gadi ...

Web resources about - Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Phase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian troops begin public action phase against Zika
Brazilian troops are taking to the streets at the start of a public action effort to educate the population on ways to eliminate the mosquito ...

Brazilian troops begin public action phase against Zika
Brazilian troops are taking to the streets at the start of a public action effort to educate the population on ways to eliminate the mosquito ...

Brazilian troops begin public action phase against Zika
Brazilian troops are taking to the streets at the start of a public action effort to educate the population on ways to eliminate the mosquito ...

Alberta's coal phase-out: How the province plans to kick carbon to the curb
Alberta has committed to kicking its coal habit by 2030. It is no easy task considering the province currently gets more than half of its electricity ...

Samsung Unveils Galaxy S7 and 360-Degree Camera in Latest Phase of Apple Battle
Samsung Electronics showed off new Galaxy S7 smartphones featuring upgraded components and the return of a popular feature at the Mobile World ...

Get ready to shred in Snowboarding The Fourth Phase
... Red Bull Media House comes a terrific new adventure in the mountains. Take to the slopes and prepare to shred in Snowboarding The Fourth Phase ...

Tesla phases out 85-kWh Model S battery option
Filed under: Green , Tesla , Sedan , Electric Tesla Motors has quietly discontinued it 85-kWh battery option, along with the rear-drive P90, ...

Samsung Opens New Phase in Apple Battle With Galaxy S7, VR
Samsung Electronics Co. showed off virtual reality hardware alongside its latest Galaxy S7 smartphones, in its latest attempt to breathe life ...

"Godzilla" El Niño enters a new phase
Latest report on this winter's powerful El Niño suggests we'll be seeing some changes soon