Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:25:35 -0400, "Peter Flom"
<peterflomconsulting@MINDSPRING.COM> said:
> Hi again
>
> A week ago, I asked this list about a problem with 9.2: When you click
> "help" it runs an index, but it doesn't save the index when you quite
> SAS, so, each time you quit SAS, you lose the index.
>
> Replies received here did not work, so I wrote to SAS.
>
> They said, essentially, that it's a known bug, and they are working on
> it.

So you're responsible for the item in today's Tech Support Notes.

Congratulations!  That's almost as good as having a disease that gets
you mentioned in the MMWR.

--
Jack Hamilton
Sacramento, California

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #2
SNOTES is an approximately daily email from SAS STech Support listing the new or changed usage notes since the last email. So the item pertaining to you was: 32792 - SAS prompts you to rebuild the index when you press F1 to request help while running a SAS procedure in SAS 9.2 Release(s) Reported: 9.2 Release(s) Fixed: Date Created: 28JUL2008 Date Last Updated: 11AUG2008 http://support.sas.com/kb/32792.html To subscribe, go to http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/snotes.html You'll get an extra email on most workdays, but if you sub...

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #3
Yes, I encountered the same problem, although I hadn't got around to contacting SAS. AnnMaria DeMars, Ph.D. Senior Statistical Consultant University of Southern California Customer Support Center Information Technology Services ademars@usc.edu (213) 740-2840 On Aug 25, 2008, at 6:25 AM, Peter Flom wrote: > Hi again > > A week ago, I asked this list about a problem with 9.2: When you > click "help" it runs an index, but it doesn't save the index when > you quite SAS, so, each time you quit SAS, you lose the index. > > Replies received here did n...

SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files
Hi again A week ago, I asked this list about a problem with 9.2: When you click "help" it runs an index, but it doesn't save the index when you quite SAS, so, each time you quit SAS, you lose the index. Replies received here did not work, so I wrote to SAS. They said, essentially, that it's a known bug, and they are working on it. Peter Peter L. Flom, PhD Statistical Consultant www DOT peterflom DOT com ...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #2
Jerry: your comment about JBoss indicates you're doing a server install you want to choose: Select Deployment Type ( ) ... (*) Install Additional Software http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide check only these two Products (*) SAS Enterprise Guide ( ) SAS Formats library for Teradata (*) SAS Foundation Ron > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Davis > Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:12 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Please share: Updated PC S...

Re: Autoexec.sas file Dm"pgm;zoom;"; doesnot wrk in SAS 9.2 #2
Hi Ace, The PGM is the editor window up through v6.12 but also still exists today. For the Enhanced Editor you can use: dm editor 'zoom' wedit ; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Investment Business Intelligence Investment Management & Research Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ace Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:49 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Autoexec.sas file Dm"pgm;zoom;"; doesnot wrk in SAS...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2
D T wrote: > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread, but am also very interested >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend >it? Also, can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the >context >of this migration? I downloaded phase 2 a couple days ago and today I decided to install it on a test machine. It did not go smoothly. At one point I did have SAS working and could run programs, but the install process was very perplexing. Here are some observations. 9.2 ph...

Re: Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2 #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Jerry posted the following: > Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major > differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? > > From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new > installer that helps with upgrades. Jerry, yea; I've got them right here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html With a simple click of the old mouse, you can check out the differences bet= ween (8.2) and (9.0, 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3) or between the aforementioned and S= AS 9.2. I've gotta warn you the...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #3
Thank you=2C Jerry! I appreciate your feedback! D.T. > Date: Thu=2C 14 May 2009 16:12:22 -0400 > From: jwd@UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phas= e 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > D T wrote: >=20 > > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread=2C but am also very interested > >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC > >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend > >it? Also=2C can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the...

Re: PC SAS 9.1
Hi Jon, If you run SAS in batch mode the dir the .sas file is in will by default be the dir where the .log and .lst files will be left. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer remains home while I will attend PhUSE 2006 in Dublin. On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:23:15 -0400, Jon Hayward <jhayward1@BABSON.EDU> wrote: >Hi - > >Is there a setting in PC SAS so that whichever directory I save my .sas >file to, SAS will automatically go there when I want to save my .log >and .lst files? > >Currently...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File #2
> From: tobyrathgeb > I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code > stored in a SAS > file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Is this what you mean? *options source2; filename Project '.';*here; %Include Project(ProgramA); %Include Project(ProgramB); %Include Project(ProgramC); Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
What's the question? I know it you presented it earlier, but you can't expect people to find the pieces of a problem and put them together. Look at the various intermediate results and find the point where they first diverge from what is expected. Then look at the code which generates that particular result. De-macroize that code and prepare some test data so that anybody can run it easily. Then present that isolated version of the problem (if the answer has not already emerged during this process). On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:19:35 -0700, saivs28@GMAIL.COM wrote: >The following code ...

Re: SAS 9.2 backward compatible with SAS 9.13 ?
--- On Thu, 1/8/09, freshforlife <ravi.taneja@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > From: freshforlife <ravi.taneja@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: SAS 9.2 backward compatible with SAS 9.13 ? > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 12:39 PM > Hi Guys, > > Just heard from one of our data vendors that SAS 9.2 > isn't going to be > backward compatible with SAS 9.13. This seemed bizarre to > me -- they > essentially meant that a dataset processed in 9.2 cannot be > opened in > SAS 9.13. > > Just wanted to run it through you guys and know wh...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers un...

Re: SAS 8.2 to SAS 9.1 libname convertion #2
I am able to read Access 2000 tables using SAS 9.1.3, with syntax modeled on yours. Try proc contents data=bb._all_; run; to see what tables and views are detected. On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:51:40 -0700, DC <chendlcan@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >my codes created on SAS 8.2 does not work on SAS 9.1? >Anyone knows how to convert the below code to SAS 9.1? >Thanks a lot! > >SAS 8.2: >libname bb dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' bbb='asdfgh >zxcvbn'; >libname cc dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' ccc='asd zxc'; > >proc sql; > cre...

Web resources about - Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files - comp.soft-sys.sas

Why Bernie Sanders' success in Iowa is a problem for Rio and BHP
Rio Tinto and BHP have a bit to lose if Bernie Sanders beats Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination.

The problem of money is not what it used to be.
"Jeb Spends $2,884 Per Iowa Vote."

George Clooney nails Hollywood's diversity problem
At the Los Angeles Premiere of the new Coen Brothers movie "Hail, Caesar!", George Clooney made some choice remarks about Hollywood's lack of ...

No dairy is now no problem for Ben & Jerry's
The Vermont ice cream maker has created four flavors, including some classics, using a vegan almond milk base

Japan's two China problems
"The current situation of the Chinese economy is not good for anybody," a top Japanese diplomat told CNBC.

Sanders: I Have ‘A Real Problem’ With Clinton Speaking Fees
'Money in politics is something the American people are deeply concerned about'

The Economic Problem With Luxembourg's Space Mining Law
Luxembourg has announced that it is going to be drawing up new laws to aid in defining how space mining may be efficiently and economically governed. ...

IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system
IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system

Peru Straps GoPros to Hungry Vultures to Sniff Out Its Trash Problem
... on the brink of death. But in Peru, the carcass-eating birds will soon be outfitted with cameras so they can help map Lima’s awful trash problem. ...