From: Ari Toikka [mailto:toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:27 AM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: SAS and MS Access

Hi,

if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed,
you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data)
You can then save the generated program, which
might look for example like this:

Proc import out = sasuser.test
     datatable="h456test"
     dbms =ACCESS97 replace;
     DATABASE="T:\h345test.mdb";
run;
If you have columns in MS Access having a length over 1024 characters,
you have to add:

Memosize=xxxxxxx ;   /* xxxxx=the maximum length */

Ari Toikka
Statistics Finland

Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:Hi SAS-L,

I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase.
Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts?
I appreciate any experience and examples.

Thanks
Peter.

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today!
Download Messenger Now
0
EdHeaton (665)

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #4
MS Access also has a CAPTION field that behaves more like a SAS variable label. However, I have not found a way to write to that field from SAS. Ed Edward Heaton, SAS Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Owned Research Corporation), 1600 Research Boulevard, RW-3541, Rockville, MD 20850-3195 Voice: (301) 610-4818 Fax: (301) 610-5128 mailto:EdHeaton@Westat.com http://www.Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:21 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: MS Access and SAS datasets Use PROC FORMAT with the CNTLOUT option to dump your formats. I don't know about the labels. Access has a "Description" field in its metadata structure, so it's reasonable to expect the labels to end up there. On Mon, 23 May 2005 14:01:18 -0800, David Neal <afdbn@UAA.ALASKA.EDU> wrote: >I'm trying to move several SAS datasets to a single MS Access database. >When I use proc copy to move the data, I get the following note: > > > >NOTE: Copying SCFSAS.PT_MISC to SCFFAS.PT_MISC (memtype=DATA). > >NOTE: SAS variable labels, formats, and lengths are not written to DBMS >tables. > > > >My problem is that I'm interested in keeping the variable labels and >the formats as well. Is it possible for SAS to automatically create the "lookup >ta...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #4
Hi Bill - I think you already have your answer - Access reads HTML files just as Excel does. HTML has no table size limits I'm aware of. Use ODS to create the HTML file and read the HTML file directly with MSAccess, skipping Excel. BTW isn't the 65k row limit in Excel absurd? regards Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? #4
Thanks Mary, We have SAS/Access to Oracle, because we need to access some oracle database from our partner. We don't have Oracle in house. We have SQL Server though. Actually, I would like to transfer SAS data to SQL server. I googled around, it seems that I can create CSV file then 'BULK' load to SQL server. -----Original Message----- From: Mary [mailto:mlhoward@avalon.net] Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:11 PM To: Huang, Ya; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? Given that you have SAS/Access to Oracle, how about buying Oracle :-) Seriously, it is not that expensive anymore. The other option I suppose would be to export SQL Server files as Excel spreadsheets or tab-delimited files, then run your SAS from those, but it would be tricky to do that. One trick might be to see if you could do a data link into an Excel spreadsheet to make that your front-end to the SQL tables that you want to use, then use the Excel methods of importing to SAS. -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ya Huang" <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:00 PM Subject: Re: SAS/access for Oracle and MS SQL server are different license? > Thanks Michael, > > But SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to OLE DB are also need to be > licensed right? Looks like we don't have them either. Are there other > options? > > > On Tue, 28 Ap...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Re: SAS and MS Access
If you don't then you could perhaps consider bolting on your own JDBC interface in Java? (JDBC is free SAS ACCESS to PC is not...) On Thu, 6 May 2004 07:27:13 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?q?Ari=20Toikka?= <toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote: >Hi, > >if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed, >you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data) >You can then save the generated program, which >might look for example like this: > >Proc import out = sasuser.test > datatable="h456test" > dbms =ACCESS97 replace; > DATABASE="T:\h345test.mdb"; >run; >If you have columns in MS Access having a length over 1024 characters, >you have to add: > >Memosize=xxxxxxx ; /* xxxxx=the maximum length */ > >Ari Toikka >Statistics Finland > > > > > > >Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. > >Thanks >Peter. > > >--------------------------------- > Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ...

Re: Convert Access Datetime to SAS Datetime when Access data type #4
don't know what you have in ACCESS, but you should not mix DATE and DATETIME! The one is a number=days from 01jan1960, the other is SECONDS since 01jan1960:00:00:00. In your code you use FLOOR which seems to be a thing with 0.123 seconds (?) to cut the 0.123 off. That seems to be really a DATETIME value (DATE values are integers without fraction). Together with "30dec1899"d (a date- constant=days) that is nonsense. I think adding "30dec1899:00:00:00"dt might be better. What I'd do: store the datetime 01jan1960:00:00:00 in ACCESS and have a look what is the number...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new group of 24. You can see from the notes how the operation works. The data sets don't have to use a numbered range M01-M24 I did that for my convenience. proc datasets library=work; age MonthlyUpdate m01-m24; run; quit; NOTE: Deleting WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M23 to WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M22 to WORK.M23 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M21 to WORK.M22 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M20 to WORK.M21 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M19 to WORK.M20 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M18 to WORK.M19 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M17 to WORK.M18 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M16 to WORK.M17 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M15 to WORK.M16 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M14 to WORK.M15 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M13 to WORK.M14 (me...

Re: To SAS or not To SAS (or whatever else)!!, #4 1551156
Neila, Like Charles said, many of the comparisons you are seeking can already be found throughout the list's archives. I've been using SAS since 1973, SPSS since 1975, and I won't waste bandwidth describing my various experience with all of the other software which have been available to academics and researchers since that time. As everyone seems to agree, the required SAS learning curve isn't just steep but, as the product's capabilities continue to expand, the curve keeps getting steeper. However, being one who finally figured out how to use my VCR just before it became obsolete, I keep climbing and continually discover great satisfaction that I can accomplish virtually all of my computing needs with SAS. And, once you know how to use SAS for a particular need, it becomes relatively easy to replicate, automate and generalize the task. Output? Search for 'ODS' or Output Delivery System. SAS has come a long way in this regard. Data Management tools? SAS has a bundle. The biggest problem I have found is cost. Given your data needs, and probable processing needs, you would have to obtain a number of modules beyond the base system. I, too, have to work with a lot of data and, as such, have had to leave the desktop arena. SAS, as usual, was right there with the necessary tools, but the costs went up substantially as well. Rather than simply having to pay annual licensing fees for a set of modules for X number of workstations, we had to d...

Re: SAS vs. SPLUS vs. SAS #4
matrix is indispensible tool in implementing modern data mining algorithm, but we only have native matrix opertion capability in IML. Recently I discovered that in SAS/Base SAS/Stat, we were able to conduct several important matrix manipulations and I able to translate those prototype algorithms on textbook into SAS. I just submited a paper to SGF2010 on this topic, hope the paper can be accepted. On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:09:32 -0800, Paul Miller <pjmiller_57@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hello Everyone, >� >I’ve recently become interested in sequential clinical trials des...

Re: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
XML, OleDb driver for SAS (free), ODBC driver from SAS (free). SAS/Access is only required to get data from a source, not the other way around. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:50 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for this. ...

Re: EWMA in base SAS / or SAS/STAT? #4
mysasbox@GMAIL.COM wrote back: >On 10/11/06, David L Cassell <davidlcassell@msn.com> wrote: >> >> >From: Michael Murff <mysasbox@GMAIL.COM> >> >Reply-To: Michael Murff <mysasbox@GMAIL.COM> >> >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> >Subject: EWMA in base SAS / or SAS/STAT? >> >Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:57:15 -0600 >> > >> >Hi, >> > >> >I'm wondering if others are aware of open source coding for >>Exponentially >> >Weighted Moving Average (EWMA) or other advanced time series smoothers >>(eg. >> >holt winters) in base SAS? Just putting out a feeler in the hope that I >> >don't have to reinvent the wheel :-) >> > >> >TIA, >> > >> >M.M. >> >>I'm guessing you're still in that SQC project. By now you've probably >>run through enough hours on this that your bosses would have been >>better off licensing SAS/QC. But then you'd have to learn SAS/QC. >> >>EWMA is really easy to do by hand. Pick a weight r. That's it. >> >>Now you have a data set which has a series of means in time order. >>(If you don't have that yet, run your data through PROC MEANS by >>time-variable and get those means.) here's some totally untested >>code you can try: >> >> >>data murff; >>set stringofmeans; >>...

Re: SAS/Access for Teradata #4
Thanks Bob for your message. While we are not using UNIX, your reply prompted me to go back and request that our server support person use BTEQ, had to be installed, to test connection and not the software that was initially used. (Turns out the previous test was using OBDC not native teradata drivers) Short anwswer to long story.. BTEQ failed. While the answer was truly a teradata issue (not SAS) I'm posting the solution so that others may learn and not get trapped in the middle (SAS versus teradata). Solution: This problem is being addressed by DR 103605. No code fix is currently available. To correct the problem, must manually clean out remnants of prior CLI installations. **** assumes %SYSTEMROOT% is C:\Windows\System32 1) delete shared .dll files that are no longer used in TTU 8.1. Delete these files if present: C:\Windows\System32\wincli32.dll C:\Windows\System32\tdusr32.dll C:\Windows\System32\tdgss.dll C:\Windows\System32\localisation.dll 2) If TTU 8.1 version of ODBC is installed, then need to ensure that C:\Windows\System32\terasso.dll is version 4.8.1.x This file is needed by Teradata ODBC and needs to match up with CLIv2's terasso.dll This also means that you cannot mix TTU versions of ODBC and CLIv2, ODBC and CLIv2 must both be TTU 8.1 versions. 3) Clear out unneeded windows registry key values. Note: this step is not mandatory but should be done for the sake of completeness. Delete these entries from the windows registry. Start->Run->Reged...

Re: Access vs SAS #4
Ying, Like Ken (but always) I have to include a schema in order to access Oracle tables. The basic command I have to use is: Libname orcpic oracle user=sasapp1 password=xxxxxx path=prdrep schema=isdiw; Without the schema identified, the libname assignment is successful, but the table can't be opened. Art --------------- On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:06:05 -0600, yingtao <yingtaoliu@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Our company has an oracle database which can be accessed by MS ACCESS, I am >trying to pull the data using SAS but failed. > >I could login with the success information: >...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #4
There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can even use the knowledge for something else later. We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript gives you. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt. On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:09 am, Joe Whitehurst wrote: > Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) > > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > >> On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR ...

Re: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS #4
Jessica, Although it leaves much to be desired, you can use a text editor/viewer to open a catalog and view source and SCL entries. RandyHerbison@westat.com -----Original Message----- From: Jessica Gallegos [mailto:jessica_m_gallegos@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:47 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS Does anyone know of a way to examine/print SAS catalog entries, i.e. source entries, without having the SAS system installed? Does the SAS Learning Edition allow one to do this? I would like to be able to look at some of my SCL and SOURCE entries, but I do not have SAS installed on my PC, nor do I want to purchase the SAS System, too expensive.... Thanks in advance! - Jessica Gallegos jessica_m_gallegos@yahoo.com ...

Re: Cannot Allocate a SAS Library in Interactive SAS(TSO) #4
sometimes the easy way is to copy that thing to DASD in a batch job - someone might have a sample job for that and then allocate it in your SAS session. Hope that helps... Gerhard On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 05:33:05 -0500, Horne, Jim - James S <Jim.S.Horne@LOWES.COM> wrote: >Dynamic allocation under TSO - especially tape allocation - is something specific to each shop. You need to contact your friendly systems programmer at your shop and ask them for help because it does look as if you are not allowed to allocate tapes. They can help you work around this. > >I hope this helps ...

Re: SAS/ACCESS and ODBC #4
Alan, Gerhard, 'Spuzzz', thanks a lot! PS. I must say I am left wondering why one would need the SAS ODBC driver *in addition to* SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC. (As suggested in Gerhard's post). The interface should be able to both read from, and write to, an ODBC link? ...

Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #4
Something like this should be possible as I have done it in the past. Note the "site filetype=jes" which submits your JCL/SAS Program to the MVS internal reader. ftp -nv hostname << EOT user userid/password ascii lcd jcldirectory site filetype=jes put sasjobwithjcl quit EOT You should get back something like "250 Transfer completed successfully" and "known to JES as <jobnumber>" MM On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:15:48 +0200, Robert Bardos <bardos2@ANSYS.CH> wrote: >Hi, > >I ought to be busily doing other things so I'll just sketch out a >possible solution. >Others may chime in and provide you with detailed steps (or better >yet: find someone at your installation knowledgeable in both ftp >and JES2/JES3). > >You can submit jobs ("JCL") to MVS thru ftp. There is even the >possibility to get output back via ftp. > >Since I never did it, I can't give you a better description right >now. > >As I said: maybe someone who already did this has more to offer. > > >Hope this serves as a starting point. > >Robert Bardos >Ansys AG, Z�rich, Switzerland > > >-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht----- >Von: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag >von >saket.kapoor@GMAIL.COM >Gesendet: Freitag, 15. September 2006 07:17 >An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Betreff: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX > > >Hi Friends, &g...

Re: SAS and MS Access #2
On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:33:43 -0400, Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote: >Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. Hi, Peter, If you have SAS/Access OLE DB, then it gives you more control. The following code shows that you can use an access table as if it is a sas dataset. If field name has embedded blanks, you can use something like, 'field name'n as the variable name. dbmax_text dataset option handles long text fields (>254 or >1000, I can't remember exactly) or memo field. HTH. Cheers, Chang libname myMdb oledb provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" properties=('Data Source'='c:\my.mdb') preserve_tab_names=yes ; proc freq data=myMdb.myTable(dbmax_text=32767); tables myField/list missing; run; libname myMdb clear; ...

Re: SAS and MS Access #3
DDE works. Here is an example: filename ecw dde "msaccess|ecw;view For Publication!all" lrecl=2000 notab; data ecw; infile ecw firstobs=2 dsd dlm='09'x missover; input country : $60. [etc.] ; [etc.] A serious problem arises if there are newlines within text fields. If they are not masked somehow, they are interpreted as end-of-record indicators, which makes a real mess of things.. If there are simple ways to mask newlines, in either direction (Access to SAS or SAS to Access), I don't know them. In the example above, I am reading a view which I created solely to drop the fields containing newlines (fortunately I did not need those fields on the SAS side). On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:33:43 -0400, Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote: >Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. > >Thanks >Peter. ...

Web resources about - Re: SAS and MS Access #4 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Ankara court bans Facebook and Twitter access - Business Insider
Turkey last year blocked access to Twitter over the sharing of photographs of a prosecutor being held at gunpoint by far-left militants.

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...