Re: SAS code beautifier or SAS Tidy #3

Yes indeed.  I gave Alan the worst code (authors shall remain anonymous to
protect the guilty, but the project involved Mortgage Banking services...) I
have seen in over two decade of looking at SAS code, and his utility cleaned
it right up.

On Jun 10, 3:07=A0pm, joewhitehu...@GMAIL.COM (Joe Whitehurst) wrote:
> Yes indeed. =A0I gave Alan the worst code (authors shall remain anonymous=
> protect the guilty, but the project involved Mortgage Banking services...=
) I
> have seen in over two decade of looking at SAS code, and his utility clea=
ned
> it right up.
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Richard Read Allen
> <peaks...@wispertel.net>wrote:
>

> > Trywww.savian.net. I think Alan Churchill may have developed some
> > utilities
> > that may be able to help you.
>
> > -Richard

Joe,

Thanks to you and everyone else who threw a lot of wrenches at it.

SAS was vicious for cleaning. It really is more freeform than people
may realize and there is a lot of legacy stuff. Nonetheless, I took it
well beyond what Joe originally saw. I could never quite get past some
oddities though which is why I pushed it to the back burner. Someone
recently asked about it so I pulled it back out and cleaned it up.

Alan
http://www.savian.net
0
savian.net (255)