Re: SAS data-set index size #3

auto208611@HUSHMAIL.COM wrote:

>Is a telling story if the size of the SAS index file (*.sas7bdnx) is
>75% the size
>of the SAS data-set itself?
>
>For instance, we have a data-set that is 533MB's and the index file
>is
>400MB's.
>
>Is this an indication of a poor data-set structure?

No, it is not an indication of a poor data structure.  (You may *have*
a poor data structure, but the relative size of the index file is not
indicative.)

Since Mister Index himself has already chipped in, I'll just add a couple
other points.

Think conceptually of the index file as being like another data set.
If you have 1 index, the index file needs a record for every record in
the data set, with all the variables that make up your index, plus an
extra 8-byte variable that serves as a pointer to the correct record in
the data set.  If you have a very tall-and-thin data set to start with
and you build a composite index, you may have nearly as many
variables in your index as in your data set.  So the index file can be
nearly as big as the file itself, without being a bad thing.

Also, if your index is based on  one or more very long variables in your
data file, then the index has to be large also.  I used to design GRTS
samples this way, with an index on a string that was 8 bytes * the
number of levels in the hierarchical structure.  So I sometimes had
an index that was more than half the size of the data set, because
the index variable was more than half of the width of the data record!

As Mikeeeeeee pointed out, if you have multiple indices, *all* the
indices sit in the index file.  So take the above blather and add more
variables and make the width of the record even worse.  For a well-
structured, highly normalized data set with several different indexes,
I can see the index file getting quite close to the original data set
in size.

HTH,
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

Picture this � share your photos and you could win big!
http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us
0
davidlcassell (5567)

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: SAS data-set index size
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:33:21 -0000, auto208611@HUSHMAIL.COM wrote: >Is a telling story if the size of the SAS index file (*.sas7bdnx) is >75% the size >of the SAS data-set itself? > >For instance, we have a data-set that is 533MB's and the index file >is >400MB's. > >Is this an indication of a poor data-set structure? Not necessarily. If the data set was compressed, the size of the index may much bigger, even if the data set was normalized. HTH, Ken ...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Re: XML data to SAS data set converstion #3
Since a SAS dataset is not much good without SAS - unless your intent is to read it using something like StatTransfer, one would assume that the eventual target is for the data to be input into SAS. There are a couple of other possibilities. It would be possible to write a script in the language of your choice to pull the data from the XML file and also write data step code to read it. Another possibility would be to write an XMLMap file (another XML file) to describe how the transformation from the XML data file into one or more datasets is to be done. Since the XMLMap file is just another XML file it could be generated by an XML editor, a text editor, or the appropriate script. The SAS XML engine can use this XMLMAP file to read the original XML data file as if it were a SAS library. The XMLMAP file only needs to be created once to describe the transformation from a particular flavor of XML file (having a particular schema or DTD) to a particular set of SAS datasets. A single XML file can represent a collection of data that could be awkward to use in a single table, as in the case of a whole collection of tables from a relational database dumped into one XML file. While you could represent the XML file as a table with a column for the XPATH and a column for the content of that element or attribute, that would not necessarily be the best representation for working with the data. Instead, an XMLMAP file can direct the SAS XML engine to create a collection of tables. L...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #3
The disadvantages of using SQL delete are (1) NOBS= is no longer accurate, and (2) POINT= may behave unexpectedly. If those are not issues, then the delete would be faster, with or without an index, than recreating the data set (especially if the data set has indexes that would need to be rebuilt). -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org On Aug 15, 2008, at 11:17 am, Mary wrote: > One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the > dataset; if that's there then you should be able to delete the > records in place: > > proc sql; > delete from prod.master_date; > where snap_dt = "&end_dt"d; > quit; > run; > > In both the ways you are trying now you are creating new data sets > rather than deleting records from the current data set; it would > seem to me that a SQL delete statement would be faster than creating > new datasets even if there isn't an index on the date. > > -Mary > ----- Original Message ----- > From: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 12:14 PM > Subject: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET > > > Hi All > > I have several SAS datasets that are very very big. (50GB of size). > Every > month, the data is being appended to these datasets. I need to > deleted the > data which is greater than 24 months. What is the best method to do > this? > Please help me. > ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to ...

Re: sas data sets to excel #3
Maybe talk your client out of this? Or just do "passive-aggressive" and = send it on two sheets? It is a really, really bad idea to put two = different data sets on the same sheet.=20 -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Qiang Fu=20 To: Mary=20 Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:08 AM Subject: Re: sas data sets to excel Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I think, however, I didn't express me = clearly in the MSG. What I want is to export two different SAS data sets into ONE = weeksheet with one tab name instead of two weeksheets with two different = tab names. The example you gave will export the data sets into two = different tabs with names "sheet1" and "sheet2" respectively even they = are in same workbook. I know this task sounds insane, but client needs. = Any idea? Thanks a lot. Qiang On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Mary <mlhoward@avalon.net> wrote: Hi, I like to use Excel Tagsets for this; it will actually write an XML = file but you can open an XML file in either Excel 2003 or 2007. Setting = the sheet name switches sheets. Here is an example: Excel Tagsets give you a lot of formatting control; here is an = example: ods listing close; ods tagsets.excelxp file=3D"c:\temp\file1.xml' style=3Danalysis = options(absolute_column_width=3D'10,30,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,= 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8' sheet_label=3D' '...

Re: Optimize SAS Data size #3
> From: Pardee, Roy > Have a look at this here: > > http://support.sas.com/ctx/samples/index.jsp?sid=268 http://support.sas.com/samples_app/00/sample00268_1_squeeze2.html %MACRO Squeeze pretty nifty macro We should turn the SQL mavens on this and see if we could reduce the code from its current five screens to less than a page. next week for that, eh? Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Data Set in Edit Mode #3
Anil, Assuming you are trying to edit the SAS table in ViewTable, click on the column header for the date column you want to edit with your right mouse button and choose Column Attributes from the resulting drop down list. You can then change the INFORMAT to one that will accept dates in the form you want to use. Joe On 10/13/07, Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:33:15 -0400, Anil Anand <anilkranand@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > >Hello All, > > > >I am trying to Edit a SAS datasetin Edit mode on Linux. When trying to > >change a text or a numeric field, I have no problem. > > > >However, if the numeric field is in a SAS Date format, I cannot change > it. > >The Date field cell changes to Red when trying to change it and gives an > >error. > > > >Is there a way around? > > > >Thanks for your help. > > > >Anil > > if you are able to alter the property (informat) of the date in that > dataset, set it to something like the format, or date9. Otherwise you > probably have to work out the "number of days since 1960" -- the internal > storage standard for SAS dates. > > Good Luck > > Peter C > ...

Re: how to find sas sample data set #3
Thank all for your answers! It works now. Orange On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Gerhard Hellriegel < gerhard.hellriegel@t-online.de> wrote: > Something with "sample" if they are installed... > It depends on the SAS module. For BASE it is ...\core\sample\ > Gerhard > > > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:22:48 -0500, help ly <help.ly2005@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > >Hi, I am trying to find SAS sample data set such as medical data set or > >hospital data set because it has to be used in those excersize problems in > >the sas books - Learning SAS by Example. There are supposed to be many > of > >those sample data set from SAS itself, right? > > > >Can anyone help me what's the directory for the data set? > > > >Thanks so much! > > > >Orange > >help.ly2005@gmail.com > -- Thanks so much! Orange help.ly2005@gmail.com Hi Orange, I am facing the same problem you had before. How did you find the example data? I don't see them in either SASHELP or SASUSER library. Thank you! Gavin On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:29:11 PM UTC-5, help ly wrote: > Thank all for your answers! It works now. > > Orange > > On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Gerhard Hellriegel < > gerhard.hellriegel@t-online.de> wrote: > > > Something with "sample" if they are installed... > > It depends on the SAS module. For BASE it is ...

Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records #3
Dear SAS-L-ers, Richard Reeves posted the following: > I am working with some tables that have between 600 million > and 1.2 billion records. In the end I will only need about > 400 million of these records but to identify them I will have > join several tables together (sorting or indexing each time) > to get to this point. The files don't have a lot of fields as > they come from a very normalized transactional system so even > when everything is joined there will be <50 fields. > > Before I get too far down this road I would like to know if > anyone re...

Web resources about - Re: SAS data-set index size #3 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Data set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For IBM mainframe term for a file, see Data set (IBM mainframe) . For the telecommunications interface device, see Modem . A dataset (or data ...

Market analysis: US data sets the tone
Developments from the US Federal Reserve and the US economic docket kept investors cautious on the near-term outlook of the US economy.

Data retention: Government agrees to detail data set in legislation
The government has agreed to set out in its data retention bill exactly what customer data telecommunications carriers and Internet service providers ...

Ashley Madison Hackers Dump Second, Bigger Data Set: Reports 1
The hackers who stole user data from cheating site Ashley Madison have released a second set of info that's bigger than the last, reports say. According ...

HTC One MoDaCo Switch: dual booting GPE and Sense with one data set
HTC One users can now seemlessly switch between stock AOSP Android and HTC Sense, using only one set of data and applications.

CTIA: T-Mobile Sets Data Upgrade; Adds Dell Netbook; New Phones
T-Mobile has begun to rollout a major upgrade of its wireless data network, the company announced at a press event Tuesday afternoon at the CTIA ...

This Excel tool lets you see trends in large data sets
Here's how to create pivot charts in Excel to quickly and easily analyze large data sets. Produced by Sara Silverstein Follow BI Video: On ...

Anonymous Data Sets - Business Insider
Yikes! Pichi Chuang/Reuters Researchers, scientists, and pollsters regularly use large anonymous data sets when conducting research, but a new ...

Flood of U.S. economic data set to wash up on Wall Street
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A wave of U.S. economic data is set to hit financial markets starting next week after a last-minute budget deal re-opened ...

Microstrategy Revamps Software for Bigger Data Sets, Faster Visuals
MicroStrategy has renamed its flagship BI tool as MicroStrategy Analytics Enterprise