Re: SAS Dispatcher _WEBOUT HTML table problem

I've never used this method myself, but as it's late enough you might not
get a comment for a while, i'll take a guess.

As it looks like you're just writing a (long) string to a file-like object,
try just putting the variables directly, or concatenating them.

So either:
put'<tr>
put ID;
put '</td>
put Name;
put '</td>

or use CATS/CATX to put them together.  Now, I would venture to guess that
start/end of the dataset; so either loop your SET statement inside that, or
use a if _n_ = 1 / if eof construction.

So:
Data _Null_;
 _webout;
put '<table border="1">
/* I am good here */
<th>Name</th>
do _n_ = 1 by 1 until (eof);
 set club1 end=eof;
  put'<tr>
  put ID;
  put '</td>
  put Name;
  put '</td>
end;
put '</table> ';
run;

Again, take this with a grain of salt; its just one possibility, and it's
just a guess based on my knowledge of base SAS.

-Joe

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Abebe Gashaw <abebegashaw033@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am using SAS dispatcher _webout and HTML table to display a SAS dataset.
> But I am having problem on the <TD> part of the table. I do not know how to
> reference SAS variables in HTML table <TD> tag.
>
> Here is the sample of the program I have.
>
>  data club1;
>    input ID name $ ;
>    cards;
>  1023 David
>  1049 Amelia
>  1219 Alan
>  1246 Ravi
>  1078 Ashley
>  1221 Jim
>  ;
>  run;
> Data _Null_;
> set club1;
>  _webout;
> put '<table border="1">
> /* I am good here */
> <th>Name</th>
> /* the code below is the one which I am having problem */
> put'<tr>
> run;
>
> I am sure the <TD> tage is wrong. How do I display a SAS dataset using
> _webout table. I do not want to use ODS or any of those reporting function.
>
> Thanks;
> Abebe

0
snoopy369 (1724)

SAS Dispatcher _WEBOUT HTML table problem

Re: SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
I'm pretty sure that behind the scenes SAS/Warehouse Administrator is generating and running SQL code. If you can expose that code and post it here it might help. On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:53:41 -0700, saivs28@GMAIL.COM wrote: >hello, > >I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying >to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle >into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity >(target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. > > Unique ...

Re: SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
What's the question? I know it you presented it earlier, but you can't expect people to find the pieces of a problem and put them together. Look at the various intermediate results and find the point where they first diverge from what is expected. Then look at the code which generates that particular result. De-macroize that code and prepare some test data so that anybody can run it easily. Then present that isolated version of the problem (if the answer has not already emerged during this process). On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:19:35 -0700, saivs28@GMAIL.COM wrote: >The following code ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS?
2 things you can do: 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate) 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, <elodie.gillain@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone > > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS > version I am trying to install. > > What can I do? > > I greatly appreciate your help. > -- =============================== WenSui Liu ChoicePoint Precision Marketing Phone: 678-893-9457 Email : wensui.liu@choicepoint.com ...

Re: Table using SAS Dispatcher
I'm not sure I understand what your need is, so I can't answer you. What you wrote looks like it should work to me. You're basically saying: * put a table out with some buttons *put start of another table *put header of table *loop through data set: ***put out one row *end loop through data set What isn't working, or, what is not in that list that you want to do? -Joe On Aug 5, 2009 5:49pm, Abebe Gashaw <abebegashaw033@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Joe; > I tried to respond to you using SAS-L, but my message bounced back to me > saying I do not have the right to p...

Re: SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS
Dear SAS-L-ers, Abc Unha posted the following: > Hi, > We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to > use BASE > SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide. > > But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses. > I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can > I > install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server? > Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS? > > What's options we have. Please help. > Abc, I can't claim to know the ABC'...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Md Alam: Most often failures of ftp to transfer a valid SAS dataset from Unix to a PC platform result from transferring the file using a MODE other than BINARY. Try a binary mode transfer. Sig -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS - Still problem Thanks for all your help. I tried using FTP to tranfer datasets from unix to PC. But when I am trying to open the datasets in PC after being tra...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #3
What about having a Virtual Machine with XP for example and SAS inside in your x64? Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> escribi�: Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. --------------------------------- Yahoo! Encuentros Ahora...

Re: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem
Mark, The X command is not allowed by the SAS/IntrNet Application Dispatcher as it would expose a very serious security problem. There is no option that will enable it. It is simply not allowed. You might want to try the SYSTASK command however as the systask command should work. I use that technique in the framework I describe in my book to spawn an independent SAS session for long running processes. Regards, Don Henderson Author of the SAS Press book "Building Web Applications with SAS/IntrNet(c): A Guide to the Application Dispatcher" SAS Pubs Site: http://tinyurl.com/2ypq62 At...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Proc download example: /* signon to unix host from PC/SAS */ options comamid=tcp remote=rhost; /* name of your unix host */ FILENAME RLINK '!sasroot\connect\saslink\tcpunix.scr'; signon; run; /* Copy unix SAS Dataset to PC */ libname pclib 'C:\somedir\'; rsubmit; libname unixlib '/home/xxx/xxx'; proc download data=unixlib.student out=pclib.student; run; endrsubmit; signoff; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 10:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Transfering ...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Hi, Re: <<...tried using FTP --- Invalid header on file...>> If, as Art sagely mentions, the versions of SAS on both platforms are 7 or after, then one note worthy thing to check is that when transferring a dataset with FTP, you must toggle the FTP utility to NOT do any byte convertions. i.e. set mode to BINARY (IMAGE on some platforms). You can certainly make a quick check before and after the transfer with your favorite editor or utility to just look the first bunch of bytes in hex, or whatever, to see if the bytes did not change. The FTP utilities on different platforms, some...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem
Quoting "Lamias, Mark (CDC/CCID/OD) (CTR)" <bnz6@CDC.GOV>: With all due respect to the wise and thoughtful Don H, I have been writing applications which use X and other system commands for 4-5 years now. In the linux environment, you can do very nice things with x. Now, let's be clear. When the broker takes the return command, and runs some SAS program, I run the X command from within that SAS program. That runs fine. My suggestion to Mark, sent privately, had been to run the various commands by writing either a script file or a .bat file. This is a much better approa...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem
I'm pretty sure this has been newly added. I think it may even be as new as 9.1.3 SP 3. Thanks again for all you help. Now I'm off to address potential security issues with this. . . Have a great weekend. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don Henderson Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 7:01 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem Good news Mark. Surprises me that it works. Perhaps this is a change in the recent SP. The last time I talked to the folks at SAS about that ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux))
I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 months - 1 year. Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license number memorized. They're great. SAS-L - There's also an R-help list, and it's also great, but the mood is different; r-help is less welcoming to newbie questions, silly questions, badly worded questions, not directly on topic questions, and so on. Dealing with large data sets - I don't do this much, b...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #2
Good news Mark. Surprises me that it works. Perhaps this is a change in the recent SP. The last time I talked to the folks at SAS about that I am pretty sure they told me that X was disabled. I actually asked why they would allow systask, but not X and never got a clear reason. Perhaps they decided to allow them both. Thanks for the update! Regards, -donh -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lamias, Mark (CDC/CCID/OD) (CTR) Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 6:31 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dis...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #2
I have pretty much eschewed X for SYSTASK or then unnamed PIPE access method. Both, I believe, provide more control over the execution of the task and the output whether normal or error. On Dec 7, 2007 6:37 PM, Paul Thompson <paul@wubios.wustl.edu> wrote: > Quoting "Lamias, Mark (CDC/CCID/OD) (CTR)" <bnz6@CDC.GOV>: > > With all due respect to the wise and thoughtful Don H, I have been > writing applications which use X and other system commands for 4-5 > years now. In the linux environment, you can do very nice things with > x. > > Now, let'...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #3
I am shocked that SAS/IntrNet permits an X command. This is not a small security hole but a massive one. If this is the case, then I would seriously question why. A simple textbox would then open the server to compromise or am I missing something? Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_, Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 7:43 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem I have pretty much eschewed X for SYSTASK or then unnamed PIPE ...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #4
Richard, I clarified my initial concern with Don Henderson and he indicated that the attack I proposed would not work. Ok, round 1 to SAS/IntrNet. However, I still think that the X command should be disabled by default in SAS/IntrNet. I never put anything past a clever person and some time. Allowing X just presents loads of opportunities. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard A. DeVenezia Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:59 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Update: SAS/...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #5
Quoting "Richard A. DeVenezia" <rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET>: To my view, this is like saying that if you shoot yourself in the head, it might not be a good idea. Yep, you sure can put yourself in a world of hurt by building an x command that can be accessed from users on the web. My solution: Do not do that. Not a good idea. Do not set up an X command that can be accessed by users on the web. > Alan Churchill wrote: >> I am shocked that SAS/IntrNet permits an X command. This is not a >> small security hole but a massive one. If this is the case, then I >&g...

Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem #6
Paul, Up to a point. SAS should ship IntrNet with a minimal surface area and then allow people to open it up similar to IIS. If X is allowed by default, I don't think that is a sustainable position. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul Thompson Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:00 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Update: SAS/InrNet Application Dispatcher Problem Quoting "Richard A. DeVenezia" <rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET>: To my view, this is like saying t...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Dispatcher _WEBOUT HTML table problem - comp.soft-sys.sas

Train dispatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A train dispatcher is employed by a railroad to direct and facilitate the movement of trains over an assigned territory, which is usually part, ...

The dispatchers on the other end of the... - Tampa Police Department - Facebook
The dispatchers on the other end of the 911 line have a tough job waiting for the next emergency, but did you know that approximately 50% of ...

911 dispatcher in Virginia breaks rules to help save dying toddler - YouTube
One 911 dispatcher puts it all on the line to save a 17-month-old boy. It was just a typical day in December when Aidan Walker was not feeling ...

Emergency dispatcher tells teen in fatal wreck: stop whining
An emergency services dispatcher twice told an emotional 13-year-old girl to "stop whingeing" as her father lay dying after a hit-and-run accident ...

'Deal with it yourself': 911 dispatcher hangs up on panicked caller with dying friend
When 17-year-old Jaydon Chavez-Silver was shot at a party in Albuquerque last month, one of his friends did what anyone would do under those ...

911 dispatcher meets father from frantic labour call
A Moncton paramedic and 911 dispatcher who talked a panicking husband through a speedy delivering got to meet the man on the other end of the ...

Cleveland police union: Officers not told by dispatcher that dead boy's gun might be a fake
A dispatcher didn't tell Cleveland officers involved in the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old boy last month that the gun might not be real or ...

911 dispatcher resigns after woman killed during call
The dispatcher who handled the 911 call in which a woman died has been fired.

Phoenix Fire Department dispatcher injured by wrong-way driver on Interstate 17
Northbound Interstate 17 is closed while authorities investigate a crash involving a suspected wrong-way driver.

911 dispatcher disciplined after telling Gary caller 'we don't have any medics'
ABC7 Exclusive: A 911 dispatcher has been disciplined for her handling of an emergency call at a health club in Gary, Ind.