Re: SAS executable files.. #7

Yes and no. :-)

with the BI server, you propose to reach SAS dataset or stored process without SAS client.
You pc need the .dll to add a menu 'SAS solutions' into excel or word to execute the program or see the table.

with the portal information (entreprise bi server, financial Management...) you can propose a suitable way to use SAS by IE, but you can't imagine to work freely (create a program do what you want...)

But I agree, you can't compile a .sas and call it in another environment as you can do with a C program.

St�phane.