Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning

"Howard Schreier" <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV> wrote:

>David would like to see more people post questions and answers
>together. In other words, if one encounters a problem and solves it,
>with or without SAS-L help, it is worthy to document that process for
>the benefit of others.

I do that occasionally, and so do others, but I've found that such
posts usually seem to drop into a black hole.  If there's no reaction,
why bother?

--
JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com
Manager, Technical Development

Why bother?  Very little from this list get's dropped into a black hole.  I
can't speak for the list but I, for one, happen to read all of the posts.
If I find one that I think will be of use now, or in the future, it gets
printed and put in a file folder that is repeatedly reviewed.

In short, I'd like to see more of other's problem/solution combinations, as
I'm certain that we all are often spending hours recreating extremely
similar code.  I'm fully aware of sites, like sasconsig, that do provide
such code, but would welcome far more.  I've never posted such code, here,
as I didn't think it would be welcomed.

Art
------------------
"Jack Hamilton" <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote in message
> "Howard Schreier" <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV> wrote:
>
> >David would like to see more people post questions and answers
> >together. In other words, if one encounters a problem and solves it,
> >with or without SAS-L help, it is worthy to document that process for
> >the benefit of others.
>
> I do that occasionally, and so do others, but I've found that such
> posts usually seem to drop into a black hole.  If there's no reaction,
> why bother?

0
art297 (4213)