Re: SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset #2 313487

I too like(d) PROC DELETE.

When I used it I was forced to remove it and use PROC DATASETS because
PROC DELETE is not documented.

Also, but I have not tested it.  How does it work with indexed data
sets, audit trails, generation data groups, views, etc.?

I don't worry much about deleting, "all" of my programs run in batch
and are obsolete as soon as they are written.

On 12/3/09, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <rjf2@cdc.gov> wrote:
> > From: SAS Techies
> > Subject: SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset
> >
> > Here's a simple SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset...It takes the name
> of
> > the SAS dataset as the parameter...
> >
> > %macro deletedsn(dsname);
> >
> > %if %index(&dsname,'.') eq 0  %then %do; %let lib=work; %let
> > dsn=&dsname; %end;
> > %else %if %index(&dsname,'.') eq 0  %then %do; %let lib=%scan(&dsname,
> > 1,'.'); %let dsn=%scan(&dsname,1,'.'); %end;
> >
> > proc datasets lib=&lib nolist;
> >  delete &dsn;
> > quit;
> > %mend deletedsn;
> >
> > %deletedsn(new);
> > %deletedsn(somelib.new);
> >
> > Read more @
>
> you're working too hard, and providing slow code
>
> proc delete is faster than either proc datasets or sql drop table:
>
> http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/PROC_Delete
>
> Ron Fehd  the module/routine/subroutine maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2
> at cdc dot gov

0
iebupdte