Re: SAS Parallel processing #4

prsana@GMAIL.COM wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to
>work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote
>server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC
>windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to
>the remote server.
>
>options autosignon=yes ;
>rsubmit;         /* Begin simulation */
>options symbolgen ls=96;
>options sascmd='!sascmd -nosyntaxcheck' autosignon=yes
>cpucount=ACTUAL;
>
>%macro StatsModel(startLoop=, endLoop=, inputfn=,nsims=);
>filename params "/data/&inputfn";
>
>data parameters;
>         infile params delimiter = ',' firstobs=2;
>         input runid nsims freq $ type $;
>     call symput('max',_N_);
>run;
>
>%if &max < &endLoop %then %let endLoop = &max;
>
>%let seed1 = 0; %let seed2 = -1;
>
>%do j = &startLoop %to &endLoop;   /* Iteration for the j-th run_id */
>   options sascmd='!sascmd -nosyntaxcheck' autosignon=yes;
>   %syslput j = &j;
>   rsubmit task&j cwait=no;
>
>   libname dir "/data/ParallelProcess";
>   %include "/sascode/Simulate.sas";
>   %include "/sascode/Outputs.sas";
>
>data parameters;
>         infile params delimiter = ',' firstobs=%eval(&j +1)
>obs=%eval(&j+1);
>         input runid nsims freq $ type $ ;
>         call symput('DIS',type);
>         call symput('freqq',freq);
>         label   runid = 'Simulation ID'
>                 freq = 'Frequency'
>                 type = 'Model type';
>run;
>
>proc print data = params;
>  title 'Input parameters';
>run;
>
>%simulate(n=&j,freq=&freqq,DIS=&DIS);
>%stats_output(n=&j,inputfn=Test.csv,startLoop=1);
>
>endrsubmit;   /* End of remote submit for task 'j' */
>
>%end;         /* End of 'do' loop for iteration 'j' */
>
>rdisplay ;
>waitfor _ALL_ %do i = 1 %to &endnode; jobs&i %end;;
>%do i = 1 %to &endLoop;
>  signoff jobs&i;
>%end;
>
>%mend StatsModel;
>%StatsModel(startLoop=1,endLoop=99,nsims=1000,inputfn=Test.csv);
>endrsubmit;       /* End Simulation */
>

>I get several errors while processing the above program. I tested the
>sas programs in the %include statement 'simulate.sas' and
>'outputs.sas' but these do not give me errors while processed
>individually. However, when I try to include the macros in these
>programs into the code above, I get errors. Sometimes it also happens
>that I run the program but I am not able to see the output for any of
>the tasks. The log says "Remote submit to task 1 complete" (which
>means the loop for j has run only for j=1, while typically I have j=1
>to 10), and then the program terminates and I get no output.
>
>Can someone help me out with this ?
>
>Thanks a ton,
> [...]

First, you need to learn how to debug macro programs.  It starts with
learning how to use options like MPRINT and MLOGIC so that you can
see what the heck your code is actualyl resolving to.

Second, I would say your underlying problem is that you are using macro
programming to do something that can be done better with other SAS
tools, in particular, SAS procs and by-processing.  Your macro code takes
so long to run that you are considering creating a parallel-processing
methodology external to SAS, which is not the way to use SAS
parallel processing tools.

I'm guessing from your code that you would benefit from reading my SGF
paper "Don't Be Loopy: Re-Sampling and Simulation the SAS(R) Way".  It
might speed up your process so much that you would be able to skip the
'parallel processing' concepts.  Here's a URL:

    http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2007/183-2007.pdf

HTH,
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

A new home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.
davidlcassell (5567)

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Parallel processing
Ram, if (for obvious reasons since you are rsubmitting code) you can not give us ready-to-run code then at least show us the error messages you get. Kind regards Robert > -----Urspruengliche Nachricht----- > Von Ram > Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 02:51 > > Hi, > > I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to > work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote > server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC > windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to > the remote server. > [ lots of code snipped / rb ] > > > I get several errors while processing the above program. I tested the > sas programs in the %include statement 'simulate.sas' and > 'outputs.sas' but these do not give me errors while processed > individually. However, when I try to include the macros in these > programs into the code above, I get errors. Sometimes it also happens > that I run the program but I am not able to see the output for any of > the tasks. The log says "Remote submit to task 1 complete" (which > means the loop for j has run only for j=1, while typically I have j=1 > to 10), and then the program terminates and I get no output. > > Can someone help me out with this ? > > Thanks a ton, > Ram. > > ...

Re: Parallel Processing in SAS
Jer wrote: > I've heard that there are opportunties to do some parallel processing if > your server has multiple CPUs. I think there are also opportunities for parallel processing with single CPU machines that support threading; one tread can execute while another is waiting for I/O to complete, for example. > We have 4 CPUs running on windows 2003 SP1. > > Anyone have any insight or articles about Parallel processing? You might look through the SAS web site; there have been several SUGI papers about parallel processing, and probably some SASGloF papers as well. > I heard only a few procs can actually utilize and take advantage of parallel > processing, but wasn't sure. There are only a few procedures (SORT and SQL and the SUMMARY/REPORT/TABULATE family are probably the most commonly used, but there are other ways to get parallel processing. If your program can be split manually into appropriate chunks, you can use Multi-Processor Connect to parallelize your work. You could also use regular connect, but there are some advantages to MP Connect. There is a pipe engine that uses parallel processing. In 9.2, there will be a threaded database and a threaded data step; neither is exactly like the current base engine and data step. I think the SPDE libname engine uses parallel processing for searches; there's also a SPDS table server product. Some SAS/Access products use multithreading for data transfer. There is a grid computing option, ...

Re: SAS vs. SPLUS vs. SAS #4
matrix is indispensible tool in implementing modern data mining algorithm, but we only have native matrix opertion capability in IML. Recently I discovered that in SAS/Base SAS/Stat, we were able to conduct several important matrix manipulations and I able to translate those prototype algorithms on textbook into SAS. I just submited a paper to SGF2010 on this topic, hope the paper can be accepted. On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:09:32 -0800, Paul Miller <pjmiller_57@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hello Everyone, >� >I’ve recently become interested in sequential clinical trials des...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new group of 24. You can see from the notes how the operation works. The data sets don't have to use a numbered range M01-M24 I did that for my convenience. proc datasets library=work; age MonthlyUpdate m01-m24; run; quit; NOTE: Deleting WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M23 to WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M22 to WORK.M23 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M21 to WORK.M22 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M20 to WORK.M21 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M19 to WORK.M20 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M18 to WORK.M19 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M17 to WORK.M18 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M16 to WORK.M17 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M15 to WORK.M16 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M14 to WORK.M15 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M13 to WORK.M14 (me...

Re: To SAS or not To SAS (or whatever else)!!, #4 1551156
Neila, Like Charles said, many of the comparisons you are seeking can already be found throughout the list's archives. I've been using SAS since 1973, SPSS since 1975, and I won't waste bandwidth describing my various experience with all of the other software which have been available to academics and researchers since that time. As everyone seems to agree, the required SAS learning curve isn't just steep but, as the product's capabilities continue to expand, the curve keeps getting steeper. However, being one who finally figured out how to use my VCR just before it bec...

Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG? #4
There's a lot of fun in writing web front ends to SAS, and you can even use the knowledge for something else later. We used SAS/Intrnet (application broker and htmSQL) a lot at First Health, and I really liked the flexibility and power that JavaScript gives you. -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt. On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:09 am, Joe Whitehurst wrote: > Then you might not know what fun you're missing :)) > > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Savian <savian.net@gmail.com> wrote: > >> On Oct 28, 11:41 am, UKR ...

Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L Archives #4
If someone follows a thread all the way to the end, then yes, the correct answer(s) will usually be found. But the Text Miner would have to be able to find "the answer you just gave was wrong, and here's why" messages, and not report the original wrong answers. That's what I think would be hard. And David's joking, of course: sometimes there are clearly and unarguably wrong answers on SAS-L. I've given them myself occasionally. -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA >>> "Peter Flom" <flom@NDRI.ORG> 12/23/2003 2:17 PM >>> I think, actually, this is one of the great strengths of mailing lists; SAS-L in particular: Mistakes don't survive. If you ask an "expert", he or she may get it wrong. Everyone makes mistakes (except Ian :-). People can also misunderstand questions. But, if you post a question here, and someone posts a wrong response, or if a question is confusing, things get straightened out, usually quickly. Peter >>> "David L. Cassell" <cassell.david@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV> 12/23/2003 4:29:34 PM >>> Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> replied: > An interesting problem with running text miner against SAS-L: how do you > avoid returning incorrect answers? Come now. Surely you don't mean to imply that anyone ever gives a *wrong* answer on SAS-L...

Re: Cannot Allocate a SAS Library in Interactive SAS(TSO) #4
sometimes the easy way is to copy that thing to DASD in a batch job - someone might have a sample job for that and then allocate it in your SAS session. Hope that helps... Gerhard On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 05:33:05 -0500, Horne, Jim - James S <Jim.S.Horne@LOWES.COM> wrote: >Dynamic allocation under TSO - especially tape allocation - is something specific to each shop. You need to contact your friendly systems programmer at your shop and ask them for help because it does look as if you are not allowed to allocate tapes. They can help you work around this. > >I hope this helps ...

Re: old SAS guy with new SAS question #4
John, I think Ron Fehd was working on recreating MXG on the PC, though I'm not sure what he's using for input (I'm guessing they're all OS and monitoring tool specific). You might want to email him off-list to see what he's doing. But I think the couple of responses you've gotten so far should get you over the initial hump of reading in varying length variables. Let us know where we can help next--there are several of us on the listserv that either do MXG or lived and breathed MXG in the past. HTH, CH On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:18:36 -0600, John F. Regus <jfregus@IX.NETCOM.COM> wrote: >You three were of the most help to an old man in simplifying how to get output from my PC file into a SAS dataset. However, when I did use the INPUT statement I coded INPUT $. thinking this would put everything into its natural place in the output SAS table. Wrong. It only got the first variable of 5 characters. > >I went through my "Little SAS Book" trying to find the answer to this but the "Little SAS Book" has an appropriate title...it is little and does not cover a lot of things. SAS help and documentation takes you over the hills and through the woods without getting to the point or even a concise answer. > >Here is my problem. > >I am reading a .csv PC flat file (I conquered the problem of reading the PC file into a SAS dataset by adding the INPUT statement...only not all the data goes through because I need...

Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #4
Something like this should be possible as I have done it in the past. Note the "site filetype=jes" which submits your JCL/SAS Program to the MVS internal reader. ftp -nv hostname << EOT user userid/password ascii lcd jcldirectory site filetype=jes put sasjobwithjcl quit EOT You should get back something like "250 Transfer completed successfully" and "known to JES as <jobnumber>" MM On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:15:48 +0200, Robert Bardos <bardos2@ANSYS.CH> wrote: >Hi, > >I ought to be busily doing other things so I'll just sketch out a...

Re: Searching for SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to Efficient SAS #4
The book you;re talknig about is aimed for SAS 6. That's a bit out of date. You might be happier going to the SAS Publishing webpages and looking for Bob Virgile's book on SAS Efficiency instead. HTH, David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330 _________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/ ...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #4

Re: SAS-L BOF at SAS Global Forum 2009 #4
Thanks all, very honored! It's a pleasure to learn from everyone and occasionally return some of that learning to others. I regularly amaze my (much more experienced) colleagues with tips from the list :) Hopefully I'll be able to attend one of the SGFs someday soon and meet you all! -Joe On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@netscape.net>wrote: > My congratulations to DataNull and Joe, as well, both extremely well > deserved. > > And, if you had as much trouble as I did in trying to click on Mike's link > to the analyses, hopefully the following will work better: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/mwiki/images/3/3c/SGF_2009_SAS-L_Stats.ppt > > Art > > p.s. Many, many thanks to Ron Fehd and Art Carpenter for showing me how to > post such links to the wiki. > -------- > On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:42:25 -0700, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) > <NordlDJ@DSHS.WA.GOV> wrote: > > >Congratulations to data _null_ (Hall of Fame) and Joe Matisse (SASLROY) -- > well deserved. > > > >Dan > > > >Daniel J. Nordlund > >Washington State Department of Social and Health Services > >Planning, Performance, and Accountability > >Research and Data Analysis Division > >Olympia, WA 98504-5204 > > > > > >> -----Original Message----- > >> From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > >> Mike Rhoad...

Re: How to get the location of SAS code in the same SAS code thru #4
I use a macro from Frank DiIorio, CodeCrafters, Inc. that rely on SAS Dictionary Tables: %macro source_code/store; %global source_code; proc sql noprint; select XPath into :Source_Code separated by ' ' from dictionary.extfiles where fileref like "#LN00006" ; quit; %mend; The store is optional since I like to store compiled macros in a single location and call in with a mstored and sasmstore= options. I just add the following to my code to get a footnote indicating the full path and name of code submitted: %source_code; footnote1 "SOURCE CODE: &source_c...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #4
In response to a question by Keith, Paul Choate suggested using %INC. The suggestion is reasonable, but not his explanation. Since %INC is a macro you can put it anywhere in open code and it will read the code snippet during compilation. %INC is neither a macro nor a macro instruction. It is one of a few old SAS commands that begin with a %-sign and predate the current macro language. This can be shown by a batch job run with the option NOMACRO. Here is the log. NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 8.2 (TS2M0) Licensed to The SAS Learning Edition V2.0, Site ...

Re: SAS Parallel processing #3 1565310
Like Robert said: it is impossible to help you without knowing anything, but your machines and how many processors they have. We don't know, where the problem is located, if we don't know which errors you get! One idea: you say, you test macros in your local environment? When you call them in remote programs, you get errors? Maybe something that the macro %xyz is unknown? That's the case if they are local to your PC and you submit and execute code on a remote machine! By the way: do we talk of parallel-processing, or remote-processing? Gerhard On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:29:15 +0200, Robert Bardos <bardos2@ANSYS.CH> wrote: >Ram, > >if (for obvious reasons since you are rsubmitting code) you can not give us >ready-to-run code then at least show us the error messages you get. > >Kind regards >Robert > > >> -----Urspruengliche Nachricht----- >> Von Ram >> Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 02:51 >> >> Hi, >> >> I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to >> work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote >> server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC >> windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to >> the remote server. >> > > [ lots of code snipped / rb ] > > >> >> >> I get several errors while processing the above program. I tested the >> s...

Re: SAS/Oracle Processing Question #4
Paul: You can use this program to test whether the selection of claims information on the dw will overwhelm your SAS server. The SQL program that you are considering may promote part of the WHERE clause and yield the same result, but this test guarantees that. proc sql noprint; create table local.claimmerge as select vars from local.eligibility inner join (select dw.type1claims where type1claims.date between 1/1/2004 and 12/31/2000) on eligibility.ID=type1claims.ID order by ID; quit; A more efficient program would subset dw claims to those that match ID's in the local eligibility dataset. One would hope that the SAS/Access Oracle engine and SAS SQL compiler would transfer and cache distinct values of the eligibility ID on the dw side, then execute the program there. Check the SAS-L archives for a similar thread. You may find an Oracle cache or index solution. The only efficiency problem in this situation has nothing to do with hash or other indexing, or lack of such. It has to do with difficulties in building indexes on the dw side when values that need indexing reside on another platform. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Kirby Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 4:49 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS/Oracle Processing Question Hello Everyone, I'm trying to figure out if I can offload the processing work for some big merges/joins onto ...

Re: Windows XP SAS v9 faster than UNIX SAS v9? #4
A couple suggestions based on my limited expertise in this area: 1. Search the SAS Notes: (http://support.sas.com/techsup/search/sasnotes.html) -- maybe "must contain" "phrase" "DATA step" and "should contain" "words" "poor slow performance". There are a couple involving DATA steps with missing values: I'm not sure whether or not they are relevant to your situation. 2. Contact SAS Tech Support, if you haven't already. Mike Rhoads Westat RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [m...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. T...

Re: Storing SAS-programs and -macros in SAS-datasets on a HOST-platform #4
SI provide an example of using a sas catalog as if it were a pds (as a "aggregate storage location"), in the onlinedoc at http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a000214504.htm#a00 0351123 (this is a 9.1.3 link, but the example is valid since before sas v8) However, sas catalogs don't (neccessarily) make cross/platform operations easier. A program is usually a lot smaller that the space it takes up in a sas catalog as a source entry. If you have a lot of programs, the proc upload or download time may become less welcome ;-) "Aggregate storage location&quo...

Re: Unused Mainframe Features (was: PC SAS vs. Mainframe SAS) #4
Im Auftrag von Joe Whitehurst Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. September 2006 15:56 Betreff: Re: Unused Mainframe Features (was: PC SAS vs. Mainframe SAS) Robert, Do you really mean to say this? " So no, you are not limited to neither 24 rows nor to 80 columns". --------------------------------- Thanks Joe, Well, as you guessed, I meant to say something along the opposite. (Got to be careful with all this "no .. not .. neither .. nor"). Got lost in translation somehow. Makes me long for the "highlight nonsensical constructs" feature of modern mail clients. Especially when used for participation in public discussion fora ... 8^) Many thanks and kind regards Robert ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #4
I actually never want to store the macro code. I only want it available in a temp file which I then consume. For example: %macro xyz; data temp.temp4; ...do some sas stuff... run; %mend; I want to save the contents, formatted, into a text file (i.e. c:\temp\program.sas) which I can then consume in another application. I also want to execute the code. Hence: %xyz; Save the contents of the macro file to a text file with CRLF included. I don't want the run, merely the statements. Thoughts? Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:15 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code you want to save the macro code in its own file access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: SASautos Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Churchill > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > Suppose I have this code: > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > .do some sas stuff. > run; > %mend; > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I > can run them > but I would also like to ...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Parallel processing #4 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the hardware within a computer system which carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetical, logical, ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

THE PAYMENTS ECOSYSTEM: Everything you need to know about the next era of payment processing
The way we pay has changed dramatically. People are using their smartphones for every kind of formal and informal transaction — to shop at stores, ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

USDA Investigating Possible Plastic Sabotage At Poultry Processing Plant
While it’s not uncommon to hear about chicken products that end up containing wayward bits of plastic (like this nugget issue , this sausage ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

This just in: Marco Rubio's substance is thinner than an Intel processing chip
In case you hadn't already guessed it, Marco Rubio's got a smile and a stump speech, but that's about it. Reporters who have followed him from ...

Food Processing: It's What Makes Us Human
Turning raw ingredients into something more has played an important role in our evolution.

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...

Keeping Up With the Millennials in Spousal Immigration Processing
“Selfie stick. Snap. Upload to Facebook. 52 likes in a matter of minutes. These likes include people from all over the world who simply have ...