Re: SAS Parallel processing

Ram,

if (for obvious reasons since you are rsubmitting code) you can not give us
ready-to-run code then at least show us the error messages you get.

Kind regards
Robert

> -----Urspruengliche Nachricht-----
> Von Ram
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 02:51
>
> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to
> work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote
> server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC
> windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to
> the remote server.

  [ lots of code snipped / rb ]

> I get several errors while processing the above program. I tested the
> sas programs in the %include statement 'simulate.sas' and
> 'outputs.sas' but these do not give me errors while processed
> individually. However, when I try to include the macros in these
> programs into the code above, I get errors. Sometimes it also happens
> that I run the program but I am not able to see the output for any of
> the tasks. The log says "Remote submit to task 1 complete" (which
> means the loop for j has run only for j=1, while typically I have j=1
> to 10), and then the program terminates and I get no output.
>
> Can someone help me out with this ?
>
> Thanks a ton,
> Ram.

0
bardos2 (393)

Re: Parallel Processing in SAS
Jer wrote: > I've heard that there are opportunties to do some parallel processing if > your server has multiple CPUs. I think there are also opportunities for parallel processing with single CPU machines that support threading; one tread can execute while another is waiting for I/O to complete, for example. > We have 4 CPUs running on windows 2003 SP1. > > Anyone have any insight or articles about Parallel processing? You might look through the SAS web site; there have been several SUGI papers about parallel processing, and probably some SASGloF papers as well. > I heard only a few procs can actually utilize and take advantage of parallel > processing, but wasn't sure. There are only a few procedures (SORT and SQL and the SUMMARY/REPORT/TABULATE family are probably the most commonly used, but there are other ways to get parallel processing. If your program can be split manually into appropriate chunks, you can use Multi-Processor Connect to parallelize your work. You could also use regular connect, but there are some advantages to MP Connect. There is a pipe engine that uses parallel processing. In 9.2, there will be a threaded database and a threaded data step; neither is exactly like the current base engine and data step. I think the SPDE libname engine uses parallel processing for searches; there's also a SPDS table server product. Some SAS/Access products use multithreading for data transfer. There is a grid computing option, ...

Re: SAS Parallel processing #4
prsana@GMAIL.COM wrote: > >Hi, > >I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to >work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote >server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC >windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to >the remote server. > >options autosignon=yes ; >rsubmit; /* Begin simulation */ >options symbolgen ls=96; >options sascmd='!sascmd -nosyntaxcheck' autosignon=yes >cpucount=ACTUAL; > >%macro StatsModel(startLoop=, endLoop=, inputfn=,nsims=); >filename params "/data/&inputfn"; > >data parameters; > infile params delimiter = ',' firstobs=2; > input runid nsims freq $ type $; > call symput('max',_N_); >run; > >%if &max < &endLoop %then %let endLoop = &max; > >%let seed1 = 0; %let seed2 = -1; > >%do j = &startLoop %to &endLoop; /* Iteration for the j-th run_id */ > options sascmd='!sascmd -nosyntaxcheck' autosignon=yes; > %syslput j = &j; > rsubmit task&j cwait=no; > > libname dir "/data/ParallelProcess"; > %include "/sascode/Simulate.sas"; > %include "/sascode/Outputs.sas"; > >data parameters; > infile params delimiter = ',' firstobs=%eval(&j +1) >obs=%eval(&j+1); > input runid ns...

Re: SAS Parallel processing #3 1565310
Like Robert said: it is impossible to help you without knowing anything, but your machines and how many processors they have. We don't know, where the problem is located, if we don't know which errors you get! One idea: you say, you test macros in your local environment? When you call them in remote programs, you get errors? Maybe something that the macro %xyz is unknown? That's the case if they are local to your PC and you submit and execute code on a remote machine! By the way: do we talk of parallel-processing, or remote-processing? Gerhard On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:29:15 +0200, Robert Bardos <bardos2@ANSYS.CH> wrote: >Ram, > >if (for obvious reasons since you are rsubmitting code) you can not give us >ready-to-run code then at least show us the error messages you get. > >Kind regards >Robert > > >> -----Urspruengliche Nachricht----- >> Von Ram >> Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 02:51 >> >> Hi, >> >> I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to >> work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote >> server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC >> windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to >> the remote server. >> > > [ lots of code snipped / rb ] > > >> >> >> I get several errors while processing the above program. I tested the >> s...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; goptions device = EMF ftext = 'Tahoma' ; ods rtf file = "c:\temp\deleteme.rtf" ; proc boxplot data = phoney ; plot x * grp ; run ; ods rtf close ; * =================================== ; Looks like I've got to add that FONTREG call anew every time (running in batch anyway). But that's tolerable... Thanks all! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:12 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: sas/graph: using truetype fonts w/ODS RTF output on windows Thanks for the response Mary! Huh, strange. So you run that code unaltered & get Tahoma in the graphic in the .rtf file? I just now tried adding this before the 'data phoney ;' line: proc fontreg mode = replace ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; And I get ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of toby dunn Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:34 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledge. YMMV. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: toby dunn [mailto:tobydunn@hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:04 PM To: savian001@GMAIL.COM; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. To...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #6
I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #9
ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:54:31 -0600 Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #3
Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program. There is a big difference between having a large vocabulary and knowing the rules of grammar and knowing how to write. Similarly, there's a big difference between knowing how SAS works and knowing how to program. The exam does not test how well you can program. That said, when I look for someone to hire that I don't know, I need everything I can get to evaluate the candidate. Sure, it would be nice if they brought a portfolio of their code so I could see what they can write. That seldom happens, and when it does the code is often not really written by the applicant. So, I look for other things. An applicant often tells what they worked on, but that too can be exaggerated. What am I left with? Well, someone can program who doesn't know SAS, but probably they won't be a very good SAS programmer. I'd rather have the exam to judge than to not have the exam. If I were to apply for a job where the employer didn't know me, I would also want the certification to help them make the decision. Oh, as for the version 9 questions, I remember finding several. Just d...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: SAS 9 and SAS 8
I suggest that you look at the SAS web site http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977 pausha <pausha1@GMAIL.CO M> To Sent by: "SAS(r) SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Discussion" cc <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U GA.EDU> Subject SAS 9 and SAS 8 11/20/2008 03:28 PM Please respond to pausha <pausha1@GMAIL.CO M> Could someone send me the papers or articles that gives the differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in sas 9. Thanks CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and/or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copyi...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #2
Graham , I am not sure that the SI Tech Support examples should have all the error checking that Chang wanted to throw in the macro. The examples should be clear concise and easy to read and get going, as well as be illistrative. Too much error checking in an example well is just over kill and even detrimental to an example. However, any code solution on the SI Tech Support web sit should follow basic rules of good practices and sound advice. Such as with thier macros having atleast a somewhat good Macro design. Look at Example SAS Sample 1728: The first method well lets say is soooo bad...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Parallel processing - comp.soft-sys.sas

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the hardware within a computer system which carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetical, logical, ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

THE PAYMENTS ECOSYSTEM: Everything you need to know about the next era of payment processing
The way we pay has changed dramatically. People are using their smartphones for every kind of formal and informal transaction — to shop at stores, ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

USDA Investigating Possible Plastic Sabotage At Poultry Processing Plant
While it’s not uncommon to hear about chicken products that end up containing wayward bits of plastic (like this nugget issue , this sausage ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

This just in: Marco Rubio's substance is thinner than an Intel processing chip
In case you hadn't already guessed it, Marco Rubio's got a smile and a stump speech, but that's about it. Reporters who have followed him from ...

Food Processing: It's What Makes Us Human
Turning raw ingredients into something more has played an important role in our evolution.

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...

Keeping Up With the Millennials in Spousal Immigration Processing
“Selfie stick. Snap. Upload to Facebook. 52 likes in a matter of minutes. These likes include people from all over the world who simply have ...