Re: SAS Problem. #2

sas__l@HOTMAIL.COM expertly replied:
>Hello, use SAS dates for computing time intervals and such..
>BUT
>what is this? Has these two id's been hospitalized 5 times
>in this short period? Poor fellas!
>Is "enter" .. well, entering  .. and "disc" a folowing visit, or?
>Please explain if this doesn't get you going.
>
>data t1;
>  input enter : ddmmyy10. disc : ddmmyy10.  x $ 23 id 25;
>  interval=intck( 'days', enter, disc);
>  . . . . .

Yes.  I agree.  Good points all.

And, since SAS dates are just the number of days since 1/1/1960, the
INTERVAL
variable is even easier to work with here.  It is just

  interval = disc - enter;

The poster may not know about SAS dates, so simpler may be better.

INTCK() would certainly be needed if the poster were using something other
than
days {weeks, months, whatever} here, so good point there also.

HTCT (Happy To Cause trouble),
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

davidlcassell (5567)

Re: SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
What's the question? I know it you presented it earlier, but you can't expect people to find the pieces of a problem and put them together. Look at the various intermediate results and find the point where they first diverge from what is expected. Then look at the code which generates that particular result. De-macroize that code and prepare some test data so that anybody can run it easily. Then present that isolated version of the problem (if the answer has not already emerged during this process). On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:19:35 -0700, saivs28@GMAIL.COM wrote: >The following code ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #2
SNOTES is an approximately daily email from SAS STech Support listing the new or changed usage notes since the last email. So the item pertaining to you was: 32792 - SAS prompts you to rebuild the index when you press F1 to request help while running a SAS procedure in SAS 9.2 Release(s) Reported: 9.2 Release(s) Fixed: Date Created: 28JUL2008 Date Last Updated: 11AUG2008 http://support.sas.com/kb/32792.html To subscribe, go to http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/snotes.html You'll get an extra email on most workdays, but if you sub...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Hi, Re: <<...tried using FTP --- Invalid header on file...>> If, as Art sagely mentions, the versions of SAS on both platforms are 7 or after, then one note worthy thing to check is that when transferring a dataset with FTP, you must toggle the FTP utility to NOT do any byte convertions. i.e. set mode to BINARY (IMAGE on some platforms). You can certainly make a quick check before and after the transfer with your favorite editor or utility to just look the first bunch of bytes in hex, or whatever, to see if the bytes did not change. The FTP utilities on different platforms, some...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
I'm pretty sure that behind the scenes SAS/Warehouse Administrator is generating and running SQL code. If you can expose that code and post it here it might help. On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:53:41 -0700, saivs28@GMAIL.COM wrote: >hello, > >I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying >to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle >into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity >(target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. > > Unique ...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers un...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 #2
The problem may be with Windows Firewall/McAfee/Other Antivirus programs blocking all but some programs from using FTP. > Our program run on z/OS, but the same problem occurs on windows. > There is no problem accessing the same ftp server from a native ftp client, and ping works as well. > > I have opened an issue with SAS. > > Gadi > > > ...

Re: SAS 8.2 to SAS 9.1 libname convertion #2
I am able to read Access 2000 tables using SAS 9.1.3, with syntax modeled on yours. Try proc contents data=bb._all_; run; to see what tables and views are detected. On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:51:40 -0700, DC <chendlcan@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >my codes created on SAS 8.2 does not work on SAS 9.1? >Anyone knows how to convert the below code to SAS 9.1? >Thanks a lot! > >SAS 8.2: >libname bb dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' bbb='asdfgh >zxcvbn'; >libname cc dbaccess 'x:\a\b\c\d.mdb' ccc='asd zxc'; > >proc sql; > cre...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #2
Graham , I am not sure that the SI Tech Support examples should have all the error checking that Chang wanted to throw in the macro. The examples should be clear concise and easy to read and get going, as well as be illistrative. Too much error checking in an example well is just over kill and even detrimental to an example. However, any code solution on the SI Tech Support web sit should follow basic rules of good practices and sound advice. Such as with thier macros having atleast a somewhat good Macro design. Look at Example SAS Sample 1728: The first method well lets say is soooo bad...

Re: SAS time problem and formula problem #2
Please re-post your second question and present the formula in-line, as part of the message. SAS-L does not allow attachments. Also make it a separate posting, with its own subject. When a person has two or more unrelated questions, there is no reason to bundle them in one posting. It's not as if one has to pay for postage. Making a separate posting for each question, with appropriate subjects, makes it much easier to carry on and follow the discussions. On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:51:14 +0000, Vijay Reddi <Vijay.Reddi@SSL- INTERNATIONAL.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have two probl...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2
Subject: Re: v9.2 phase 2, page update "Make the installation of SAS BI Server easier!" .... Ok w/me! Just remember that the majority of us are still just installing only SAS Foundation v9.2, and possibly Enterprise Guide v4.2 My rant/suggestion to Tech Support has been addressed. I have added notes about my conversation with Tech Support to this sas community wiki page: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide summary: if you have Build # greater than or equal to 28 then you can dispense with ForceInstall. Ronald J. Fehd, IT Spec HelpDesk Level 3: SAS CDC S...

Re: Newbie SAS Array problem (take 2) #2
Hi Machelle, Nice, good. But you should also declare your arrays dxnum and diagnum as being of character type. And I would even completely avoid this kind of solution. I would use a format instead (with some arrays or some macro code). Create a format for your 46 diagnose codes, like: PROC FORMAT; VALUE $DiagFmt '4270' = 'Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia' .............and so on............. ; RUN; And if it is just for presentation then never create a variable with the textual diagnoses, but use the code variables (dx#) instead with the format. If you really n...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Problem. #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Heathridge, we have a problem: Perth DIY satellite needs funds for lift-off
A Heathridge man is building a satellite in his shed for an end-of-year ride share launch aboard a converted Russian nuclear missile.

Why Bernie Sanders' success in Iowa is a problem for Rio and BHP
Rio Tinto and BHP have a bit to lose if Bernie Sanders beats Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination.

3 of Apple's closest watchers say the company has a growing problem
... closest watchers, blogger John Gruber, columnist Walt Mossberg, and blogger Jim Dalrymple, all agree that the company has a growing problem ...

No dairy is now no problem for Ben & Jerry's
The Vermont ice cream maker has created four flavors, including some classics, using a vegan almond milk base

Japan's two China problems
"The current situation of the Chinese economy is not good for anybody," a top Japanese diplomat told CNBC.

Sanders: I Have ‘A Real Problem’ With Clinton Speaking Fees
'Money in politics is something the American people are deeply concerned about'

The Economic Problem With Luxembourg's Space Mining Law
Luxembourg has announced that it is going to be drawing up new laws to aid in defining how space mining may be efficiently and economically governed. ...

IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system
IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system

Peru Straps GoPros to Hungry Vultures to Sniff Out Its Trash Problem
... on the brink of death. But in Peru, the carcass-eating birds will soon be outfitted with cameras so they can help map Lima’s awful trash problem. ...