Re: SAS Problem

You may want to look at PROC RANK.  It will allow you to rank records and
has ways of dealing with ties.

PROC RANK does not have a weight or a freq statement.  If your count
variable has frequency counts you will then need to use PROC UNIVARIATE.

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:21:57 -0400, Bill Edwards <dean@DREAMNET.CO.NZ>
wrote:

> [...]
>data a;
>    infile "H:\book1.txt"  dlm='09'x dsd missover firstobs=1;
>    input area income count;
>run;
>
>data b;
>    set a;
> by area;
>    if first.area then cumfreq = 0;
>    cumfreq+count;
>run;
>

>data c;
>    set b;
>    by area;
>    lagfreq = lag (cumfreq);
>run;
>
>data d;
>    set c;
>    if income = 5 then do;
>    midpoint = 2500 / 5000;
>    target = ((midpoint*count)+lagfreq);
>    end;
>run;
>
>proc print;
>run;
>

> Obs    area    income    count    cumfreq    lagfreq    midpoint    target
>
>   1      1        1       1000      1000          .         .            .
>   2      1        2       2000      3000       1000         .            .
>   3      1        3       3000      6000       3000         .            .
>   4      1        4       4000     10000       6000         .            .
>   5      1        5       5000     15000      10000        0.5       12500
>   6      1        6       6000     21000      15000         .            .
>   7      1        7       7000     28000      21000         .            .
>   8      1        8       4000     32000      28000         .            .
>   9      1        9        200     32200      32000         .            .
>  10      1       10        300     32500      32200         .            .
>  11      1       11        400     32900      32500         .            .
>  12      1       12        700     33600      32900         .            .
>  13      1       13        500     34100      33600         .            .
>  14      2        1        100       100      34100         .            .
>  15      2        2        200       300        100         .            .
>  16      2        3        300       600        300         .            .
>  17      2        4        400      1000        600         .            .
>  18      2        5      12000     13000       1000        0.5        7000
>  19      2        6       4000     17000      13000         .            .
>  20      2        7        700     17700      17000         .            .
>  21      2        8        800     18500      17700         .            .
>  22      2        9        900     19400      18500         .            .
>  23      2       10       4321     23721      19400         .            .
>  24      2       11       5211     28932      23721         .            .
>  25      2       12       6222     35154      28932         .            .
>  26      2       13       7000     42154      35154         .            .

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS?
2 things you can do: 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate) 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, <elodie.gillain@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone > > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS > version I am trying to install. > > What can I do? > > I greatly appreciate your help. > -- =============================== WenSui Liu ChoicePoint Precision Marketing Phone: 678-893-9457 Email : wensui.liu@choicepoint.com Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com =============================== On May 14, 11:00 am, liuwen...@GMAIL.COM (Wensui Liu) wrote: > 2 things you can do: > 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate) > 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows > > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, <elodie.gill...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi everyone > > > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > > > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS > > version I am trying to install. > > > What can I do? > > > I greatly appreciate your help. > > -- > =============================== > WenSui Liu > ChoicePoint Precision Marketing > Phone: 678-893-9457 > Email : wensui....@choicepoint.com > Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com > =============================== Thanks a lot...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Md Alam: Most often failures of ftp to transfer a valid SAS dataset from Unix to a PC platform result from transferring the file using a MODE other than BINARY. Try a binary mode transfer. Sig -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS - Still problem Thanks for all your help. I tried using FTP to tranfer datasets from unix to PC. But when I am trying to open the datasets in PC after being tra...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #3
What about having a Virtual Machine with XP for example and SAS inside in your x64? Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> escribi�: Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. --------------------------------- Yahoo! Encuentros Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho m�s f�cil, prob� el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros. Visit� http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration ...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; goptions device = EMF ftext = 'Tahoma' ; ods rtf file = "c:\temp\deleteme.rtf" ; proc boxplot data = phoney ; plot x * grp ; run ; ods rtf close ; * =================================== ; Looks like I've got to add that FONTREG call anew every time (running in batch anyway). But that's tolerable... Thanks all! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:12 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: sas/graph: using truetype fonts w/ODS RTF output on windows Thanks for the response Mary! Huh, strange. So you run that code unaltered & get Tahoma in the graphic in the .rtf file? I just now tried adding this before the 'data phoney ;' line: proc fontreg mode = replace ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; And I get ...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of toby dunn Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:34 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #9
ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:54:31 -0600 Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #3
Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program. There is a big difference between having a large vocabulary and knowing the rules of grammar and knowing how to write. Similarly, there's a big difference between knowing how SAS works and knowing how to program. The exam does not test how well you can program. That said, when I look for someone to hire that I don't know, I need everything I can get to evaluate the candidate. Sure, it would be nice if they brought a portfolio of their code so I could see what they can write. That seldom happens, and when it does the code is often not really written by the applicant. So, I look for other things. An applicant often tells what they worked on, but that too can be exaggerated. What am I left with? Well, someone can program who doesn't know SAS, but probably they won't be a very good SAS programmer. I'd rather have the exam to judge than to not have the exam. If I were to apply for a job where the employer didn't know me, I would also want the certification to help them make the decision. Oh, as for the version 9 questions, I remember finding several. Just d...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledge. YMMV. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: toby dunn [mailto:tobydunn@hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:04 PM To: savian001@GMAIL.COM; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. To...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #6
I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: SAS time problem and formula problem
Hello Vijay I can only answer your first question since the formula was not readable for me. (SAS-L removes attachments, incl the picture showing your formula) Consider this data step ... data in; format hr hhmm5.; hr = '45:00't; /* <-- 45 hours and 0 minutes -- */ hrn = hr/(60*60); /* <-- number of decimal hours from 0 minutes. Using the hour() function will return 21 which is incorrect -- */ loghrn = log(hrn); /* <-- gives you the 3.807 -- */ run; I think the issue is the value of hr. You see 45:00 which is the representation of the SAS hhmm5. format. The SAS stored value is a numeric 162000, the number of seconds since the time 0 or 00:00. When you use the formula log(hr) you are doing log(162000) and not log(45) as you may want. HTH Magnus On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:51:14 +0000, Vijay Reddi <Vijay.Reddi@SSL- INTERNATIONAL.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have two problems, and I really hope you can help me. > >The first problem is that I want to take the Log of a time variable (format >is hhmm6.), but the answer returned is wrong. I have used the following >code: > >/* p is a time variable with format hh:mm5.*/ > >data 'C:\Vijay Data\Research project\Project\Data\craw4'; > set craw3_1; > ln_aa=log(p); > format ln_aa hhmm5.; >run; > >For example if p=45:00 (hh:mm) then ln_aa equals 00:00 (hh:...

Re: RE : SAS Programming With Dates -Problem
Thank you very much for your feedback. I would appreciate for your help for a simple code addressing this issue in proc expand. Thanks, Doyle -------------- Original message -------------- > Have you seen the proc expand ? > > Otherwise, you could create a table with all dates and merge it with the > original table. > > St�phane. > > -----Message d'origine----- > De : SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] De la part de Doyle > Kalumbi > Envoy� : lundi 9 mai 2005 22:31 > � : SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Objet : SAS Programming With Dates -Problem > > > Hi Users: > > I have a data set with date fields that are not evenly spaces by month. I > would like to create a field with evenly spaced months from the first date > value up to �30Apr2005�. For example the first observation with > Accountid=31806 and a Trans_TransactionDateMoa value of 2002Jul: I would > like to create the following date values inserted in between: 2002Jul > 2002Aug 2002Sep 2002Oct " " 2005Apr > > For Accountid 31992, I would like to even dates starting from 2001Nov to > 2005Apr including the 2002Feb. Below is a sample of my data structure: > > Thanks, > > Doyle, > > > 31806 15538 2002JUL 1339 303 0 > 31822 15348 2002JAN 4048 50 50 > 31992 15295 2001NOV 1202 275 275 > 31992 15381 2002FEB 1202 -275 -275 > 32294 15382 2002FEB 2377 951 951 > 32318 15237 2001SEP 3034 62 247 &g...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Problem - comp.soft-sys.sas

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Corona Gets Ready to Rumble With Adrien 'The Problem' Broner
... presenting sponsor of "Premier Boxing Champions," gets ready to rumble with its spot featuring professional boxers including Adrien "The Problem" ...

No Manuel! The Government Is the Problem. Not The Exits.
I find it difficult to publicly refute Manuel Trajtenberg. He is a man of high integrity and has done wonderful things for the State of Israel. ...

Ford has solved a problem for owners of its biggest pickup trucks
For a lot of drivers, it's hard to imagine life before cameras on cars and trucks. Rear-, side, and forward cameras have made parallel parking ...

Researchers Crack 50-Year-Old Nuclear Waste Problem
Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have cracked a 50-year-old nuclear waste problem that will make nuclear storage ...

World's $78 trillion pension problem
Dreams of lengthy cruises and beach life may be just that, with 20 of the world’s biggest countries facing a $78 trillion pension shortfall, ...

Alphabet plans analytics platform to help cities solve traffic problems
Sidewalks Labs, a unit of Google parent-company Alphabet, is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Transportation to build a data and analytics ...

Make America Great Again The Problem With Donald Trump's Campaign Slogan
For many, many Americans, this country has never been better than it is today.