Re: SAS Reading Cognos Data #2

I have worked at two sites that used both SAS and Cognos, at both we dumped
data from Cognos PowerPlay (an OLAP / multidimensional tool) into CSV
(comma separated value) text files, if we wanted to analyse it in SAS.  If
we wanted to go the other way we did the same thing - dump it into a
delimited text file.

I doubt that you could use ODBC since it is tightly bound to SQL and
relational-like structures.  (I'm fairly sure there isn't an ODBC driver
for Cognos PowerPlay.)

SAS does provide the "SAS Access Interface to OLE DB" and both SAS and
Cognos PowerPlay can be OLE DB consumers, and SAS/MDDB can be an OLE DB
provider, but I haven't any claims that PowerPlay can be a provider.

However, I've not had the chance to try any of these out.  At both sites
SAS was very much out of favour with IT management, despite playing a
crucial (but unsung) role in their datawarehousing efforts.  So, because
SAS has such a low "mindshare", I was unable to sell the potential
productivity benefits.

In any case, it may be worthwhile capturing the data before it is
summarised into the Cognos cube (PowerPlay).

HTH
Dave,

--

                      Prasad S Ravi
                      <prasad.s.ravi@HOU        To:       SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

May be with ODBC, I haven't tried, check online help doc or SI website.

Other way, if you can dump COGNOS data into a flat file then you can with
EFI or IMPORT wizard.

Prasad Ravi

                         Royce Claytor
                         <Royce_Claytor@DOM.CO  To:
SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
                         M>                     cc:
                         Sent by: "SAS(r)       Subject: SAS Reading Cognos
Data
                         Discussion"
                         <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.E

                         07/02/2003 08:14 AM
                         Please respond to
                         Royce_Claytor

Does anyone have experience reading COGNOS data with SAS?

Thanks,
Royce

C. Royce Claytor
Dominion Resources Services
1 James River Plaza
Richmond, VA 23234
804 775-5552
Royce_Claytor@dom.com

Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #2
Chandra - this isn't my expertise area - I'm sure others may have better ideas but I'll make three comments. If your datasets have a large number of variables, in your datastep method a WHERE clause will be more efficient - the IF statement causes each record to be fully read before it can be selected for deletion. A WHERE clause would only read the single variable in the case of records that meet the criteria for deletion. Data prod.Master_date; set prod.master_date; where snap_dt ne "&end_dt"d; run; You probably would be better off changing your data model though - my first thought would to be to store your data as separate yearly or monthly files and then access them with a view of the past two years or 24 months. With each month or year you would delete the oldest file and change the view one time period forward. *set up the data; data time1 time2 time3 time4; do i = 1 to 100; do t = 1 to 4; if t=1 then output time1; if t=2 then output time2; if t=3 then output time3; if t=4 then output time4; end; end; run; *three successive example views; data filet1 / view=filet1; set time1 time2; run; data filet2 / view=filet2; set time2 time3; run; data filet3 / view=filet3; set time3 time4; run; One more thought - since the data are appended - if the file is not reordered and you have the record counts from each append - then you can use firsto...

Re: SAS Reading Cognos Data
May be with ODBC, I haven't tried, check online help doc or SI website. Other way, if you can dump COGNOS data into a flat file then you can with EFI or IMPORT wizard. Prasad Ravi Royce Claytor <Royce_Claytor@DOM.CO To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU M> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: SAS Reading Cognos Data Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.E DU> 07/02/2003 08:14 AM Please respond to Royce_Claytor Does anyone have experience reading COGNOS data with SAS? Thanks, Royce C. Royce Claytor Dominion Resources Services 1 James River Plaza Richmond, VA 23234 804 775-5552 Royce_Claytor@dom.com ...

Re: Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas? #2
I think SPSS and DBMSCopy can read SAS datasets. Also for sure WPS. Gerhard On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:43:44 -0700, RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas and have >observations and variables etc. rather than having meaningless chunks >of text? ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ...

Re: how to read quarterly data in SAS? #2
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:26:04 -0000, Richard <hujian@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I got the error message when I was using informat yyq. The original >data set is in .txt and delimited by space. > >data sen.sensitive; >infile 'sensitive.txt'; >input time $ yyq6. growth sensitive insensitive differnce recession; >rat=sen/in; >run; > >ERROR 48-59: The informat $YYQ was not found or could not be loaded. > >any thought? It's numeric. Remove the dollar sign ($). Thanks a lot! It works. On Nov 3, 6:27 pm, nos...@HOWLES.COM ("Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>") wrote: > On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:26:04 -0000, Richard <huj...@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >I got the error message when I was using informat yyq. The original > >data set is in .txt and delimited by space. > > >data sen.sensitive; > >infile 'sensitive.txt'; > >input time $ yyq6. growth sensitive insensitive differnce recession; > >rat=sen/in; > >run; > > >ERROR 48-59: The informat $YYQ was not found or could not be loaded. > > >any thought? > > It's numeric. Remove the dollar sign ($). ...

Re: read Access data in SAS #2
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:46:26 -0500, Bruce J <chimanbj@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >If you have Access to PC File Formats, you can use the syntax: for SAS V. 9+ clarification: "Access" above refers to SAS/Access;"access" below refers to MS Access > >Libname mdb access "PATH\file.mdb"; > >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Little >T >Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:14 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: read Access data in SAS > >Guys, I was given a Access data file to do some analysis. Can anyone share >your idea or code of how to read Access data in SAS. Do I have to go into >Access and export or do Import in SAS? > >Thanks. ...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps
John: Dataflux is now marketing DBMSCOPY or Unix. See http://www.dataflux.com/Product-Services/Products/dbms.asp Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: Read SAS date from log/turning it into SAS datetime value #2
Hi Richard, Rich The datestyle Rich0850 finds, occurs in the log produced by a batch-sas session - and doesn't appear on an interactive-sas session log. Where you can anticipate the use for later parsing of the log, I would reccommend - as Richard (Richard A. DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>) did - insert into the autoexec, a statement to generate a more-easily read datetime. In all my sessions, (keeping altlogs of all interactive sessions has proved very very useful, time and again) I have this statement at the end of the autoexec....... %put starting (contract/project/applicationname) @ %now; That macro %now probably _should_ be built-in , but is so easy to re- create, it hardly seems worth balloting for ... here it is on 3 lines %macro now( fmt=datetime23.3 )/des='generate timestamp'; %sysfunc( datetime(), &fmt ) %mend now ; Parsing datetime formatted output, needs no more than the datetime. informat, however the title line style of time and date info, will soon be as easy to input....... with that feature, new in SAS9, informat anydtdtm. As a release of SAS9 is available to many sites already, is it worth polishing a V8 solution, so soon to be superceded ? If a solution must be found in sas V8, try to add to the calling environment, sas invocation-option: -$notnote1 <timestamp> your batch-sas job title where that <timestamp> is generated by the environment that starts the sas session. $lognote1 and 2 supply the text for the title an...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Reading unstructured data using SAS #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Ashok posted, in part, the following: <<Ashok's entire original posting can be found beneath the Sig line>> > I want to read an html file using sas. The content of the file is > pasted > below. The sample file is the single record copied from html. <<SNIP!>> > > Can we use SAS to read unstructured data ? I can't answer your exact question, but can point you to a resource that you can use to explore this issue further. Check out the SAS 9.2 Language Reference Dictionary http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/61724...

Re: help with reading ASCII data into SAS #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of olivesecret@GMAIL.COM > Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:50 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: help with reading ASCII data into SAS > > Yes, I did it with delimiter=',' dsd firstobs=2, but was told invalid > data for each variable. > Any more suggestions? Thanks a lot! > > You will need to show us the actual code you are using to read the file if you want more than just a guess as to what went wrong. Seeing the log file with actual error message would be helpful as well. Dan Daniel J. Nordlund Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Planning, Performance, and Accountability Research and Data Analysis Division Olympia, WA 98504-5204 Here is my code: data data; infile 'data.txt' delimiter=',' dsd firstobs=2; input site id pid it $ dd itd rtd linkid sp fc dtc dtm u $5. ; run; Here is one more obs: 1,4,1004,"JS",9/27/2008 0:00:00,1,1,57,11,10,10/3/2008 11:31:17,10/3/2008= 11:31:17,"AVRC\psuggett" Other obs are similar. Thank you very much! On Nov 5, 12:24 pm, Nord...@DSHS.WA.GOV ("Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)") wrote: > > -----Original Message----- > > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SA...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > > Behalf Of olivesec...@GMAIL.COM > > Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:50 AM > > To: SA...@...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: read excel data cell and formula from SAS #2
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:46:23 -0400, Joan Zhao <hongzl@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: >Hi, everyone: > >Does anybody know that how can I read a specific data cell in a EXCEL file >from SAS through DDE? What's command or function can I use? Any reason you can't do it the usual way, by having the triplet point to just the one cell? >In addition, >how can I read a formula in EXCEL through DDE from SAS? I haven't tried this, but what happens if Excel is told to display the formula rather than the value in the cell being read? Tools:Options:View:Formulas > >I'll appreciate any help/advise! > >Joan Zhao ...

Re: How to Read PDF/RTF data in to SAS datasets #2
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:50:49 GMT, John I <not@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Frank Poppe wrote: > >> John I schreef: >> >>> Richard A. DeVenezia wrote: >>> >>> > "Susiyanto, Dwi (GE Money)" wrote: >>> >> Hi SAS experts, >>> >> I have data of account list (that is like text file) in PDF/RTF >>> >> format. If i looked in RTF/PDF , it will show the column and account >>> >> list (including header of report), but when i do to copy paste to >>> >> text file (by using edi...

Re: Trying to read very dirty txt data into sas #2
David, If you read the data as a stream you can load what you want into a single variable and then parse that variable directly. DATA email; INFILE 'email.txt' recfm=n LRECL=32767; INPUT email $char32767.; RUN; data parse; set email; start=index(email,'<MESSAGE>')+9; end=index(email,'</MESSAGE>'); emailp1=substr(email,start,end-start); run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Fickbohm Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:16 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Trying to read very dirty txt data into sas People I am trying to read the following txt dataset into SAS. The file consists of many fields. I am only concerned about the getting the data between <message> and </message> into SAS. The event id would be helpful but not life and death. This dataset is created daily. It has about 100 to 200 rows. This process of extracting data from this file will occur daily for the forseeable future. all thoughts help will be appreciated. first the data - - D_EVENT_ID d_agent_uid agent_name agent_firstname agent_lastname agent_email CONTACT_DATE D_EVENT_CONTENT Profile_Type d_property_id c_name c_email c_first_name c_last_name 184376 3573397 lewisteam G Scott Lewis lewisteam.scott@charter.net 8/15/2004 "<MESSAGE>To: lewisteam.sc...

Re: Reading SAS data into Excel using ODBC #2
Scott, I tried to send you an email direct but got a kickback. I have an unpublished paper that might shed some light on this area. It's not ready for primetime otherwise I would publish and send out on SAS-L. Contact me at your convenience if you want to get a preliminary copy. Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Scott Bass Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 3:05 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Reading SAS data into Excel using ODBC Thanks Wensui. I've never created a *.udl file, but perhaps a bit of Googling would educate me. However, as I mentioned in my post below, the staff in question don't have SAS installed on their machines. "Wensui Liu" <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:1115a2b00510131445j30acda1bw1ad15c68d9301f6d@mail.gmail.com... > Scott: > > If I were you, I would create a *.udl file to use OLEDB linking to SAS > data > from Excel. By doing so, your coworkers don't need to create local DSN at > all. What you need to do is to distribute the *.udl file to your coworkers > as long as they have SAS installed on their PCs. > > > On 10/12/05, Scott Bass <usenet739_yahoo_com_au@alfredo.cc.uga.edu> wrote: >> >> SAS 9.x >> Windows 2000 Professional >> >> Summary: Staff in my deparment, who don't have...

Re: MVS Merge Variable Data Using SAS Merge or SAS SQL JOIN #2
A: You may want to consider using nested queries to create the keys that you need to join the tables? That gives the SQL compiler a way to bound the search space. For example, proc sql; create table temp as select * from (select <key transformation>,* from small) as t1 left join (select <key transformation>,* from large) as t2 on t1.<transformed key> EQT t2.<transformed key> ; Now the SQL compiler has two keys from the same domain that it can index or use as sort keys. This method works with composite keys as well. Just make sure that the <transformed key> values match in the rows that you hope to link. The method may also work much faster than joining two tables directly on computed key values. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of afraser Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:59 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: MVS Merge Variable Data Using SAS Merge or SAS SQL JOIN I have the following data, along with some other variables: BVM.XSBC. BVT.XAGL70.D01. BVT.XAGL71.D01. BVT.XAGL71.D02. BVT.XAGL71.D03. CORP.XSOP.ARCHIVE. CRT. I need to merge it too this data, that also has other variables: BVM.XSBC.FAFRBUDG.TS0001.N01.G1724V00 BVM.XSBC.FMCHCPLN.TS0001.D01.G1595V00 BVT.XAGL70.D01.G0017V00 BVT.XAGL71.D02.G0013V00 BVT.XAGL71.D03.G0017V00 CORP.XSOP.ARCHIVE.D04365.T090107.F01 CORP.XSOP.ARCHIVE.D04366.T090108.F01 CRT.CAKLIB.D01.G3487V00 CRT.CMSR30.D01.G0004V00 CRT.FSED86.D04.D87.G00...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: Can SAS read XML data with special missing values? #2
If you use an XMLMAP you can apply an informat to the data read from the XML file. Here's a little example: XML File: ___________________________________________________ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?> <TABLE> <ROW> <COL var="x"> 1 </COL> <COL var="y"> 2 </COL> </ROW> <ROW> <COL var="x">Q</COL> <COL var="y"> 4 </COL> </ROW> <ROW> <COL var="x">D</COL> <COL var="y"> 4 </COL> </ROW> <ROW> <COL var="x">R</COL> <COL var="y"> 4 </COL> </ROW> </TABLE> ___________________________________________________ XMLMAP File: ____________________________________________________________________ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- ############################################################ --> <!-- 2007-09-05T09:22:36 --> <!-- SAS XML Libname Engine Map --> <!-- Generated by XML Mapper, 9.1.0300.20040709.2028 --> <!-- ############################################################ --> <!-- ### Validation report ### --> <!-- ############################################################ --> <!-- Map validation completed successfully. --&g...

Web resources about - Re: SAS Reading Cognos Data #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Reading, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 42°31′32″N 71°05′45″W  /  42.52556°N 71.09583°W  / 42.52556; -71.09583 Coordinates : 42°31′32″N 71°05′45″W  /  42.52556°N 71.09583°W ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals - Fox Sports Fox sports
Cabaye opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 85th minute after Jake Cooper was sent off for fouling Yannick Bolasie. Substitute Campbell ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals
... goals by Yohan Cabaye and Fraizer Campbell have given Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak’s Crystal Palace a 2-0 victory at second-tier club Reading ...

(Late) Weekend Reading: Jeffrey Edleson on Sexual Harassment Here at Berkeley Edition
**Jeffrey Edleson**: [A Dean’s Reflection on Campus Sexual Misconduct Cases](http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2016/03/13/a-deans-reflection-on-camp ...

A brain-wave-reading device designed to improve sleep did wonderful and terrifying things to my dreams ...
The last week has been extremely unusual, to say the least. My dreams have been more colorful, detailed, vivid, and realistic than at any other ...

Ad shows women reading Trump negative comments - CNNPolitics.com
... Republican group looking to block GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump from the nomination is going on-air with an ad showing women reading ...

Melissa McBride Couldn't Speak After Reading The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale
The Walking Dead season six finale is going to be a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow.Several cast [...]

Man Learns About Ex’s Pregnancy & Friends’ Erotic Reading Habits Via Google Play
Sharing your review of an app — for good or bad — can help others decide if they should spend the money to add the service to their smartphone ...

Yeelight is smart, colorful and perfect for reading [Reviews]
The Yeelight is a fantastic, app-controlled, touch-enabled smartlamp that will fill your room will color and enable you to read bedside.

Wikipedia brings personalized reading options to its iOS app
Wikipedia is full of news today. Along with the announcement that it's working on a crowdsourced speech engine, the service has also rolled out ...