Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records #5

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:07:30 -0400, Richard Reeves
<reeves@STUDENTCLEARINGHOUSE.ORG> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am working with some tables that have between 600 million and 1.2
>billion records.  In the end I will only need about 400 million of these
>records but to identify them I will have join several tables together
>(sorting or indexing each time) to get to this point. The files don't
>have a lot of fields as they come from a very normalized transactional
>system so even when everything is joined there will be <50 fields.
>
>Before I get too far down this road I would like to know if anyone
>recommends any particular SAS reading (other than the SAS manual and SAS
>help files) that speaks to working with files of this size and length?
>Also, any suggestions for a good macro book?  I suspect I will be
>writing some Macros to split these files by id numbers to handle them in
>smaller chunks and then reconstruct them.
>
>Thanks,
>rich
>I am on a Windows 32 bit machine with two dual core processors that only
>runs SAS.  It is tied into an IBM 14 disk drawer that gives me a TByte
>of space to work with and lots of I/O.

You might want to look at my paper "Picking Up Where the SQL Optimizer
Leaves Off" (http://www.nesug.org/html/Proceedings/nesug03/at/at008.pdf). It
deals with a somewhat different situation (reasonably sized tables, but an
impossibly large join), but there is a lot about partitioning which may be
pertinent.
0
nospam1405 (4666)

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to ...

Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records
Efficiency: Improving the Performance of Your SAS Applications (Print on Demand*) By: Robert Virgile The Complete Guide to SAS Indexes By: Michael Raithel And Finally if you need to do macros which you may very well not need any at all but if you do: Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language, Second Edition By: Art Carpenter Toby Dunn When everything is coming at you all at once, your in the wrong lane. A truly happy person is someone who can smile and enjoy the scenery on a detour. From: Richard Reeves <reeves@STUDENTCLEARINGHOUSE.ORG> Reply-To: Richard Reeves <reeves@STUDENTCLEARINGHOUSE.ORG> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:07:30 -0400 Hi, I am working with some tables that have between 600 million and 1.2 billion records. In the end I will only need about 400 million of these records but to identify them I will have join several tables together (sorting or indexing each time) to get to this point. The files don't have a lot of fields as they come from a very normalized transactional system so even when everything is joined there will be <50 fields. Before I get too far down this road I would like to know if anyone recommends any particular SAS reading (other than the SAS manual and SAS help files) that speaks to working with files of this size and length? Also, any suggestions for a good macro book? I suspect I will be writing some Macros to split the...

Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records #3
Dear SAS-L-ers, Richard Reeves posted the following: > I am working with some tables that have between 600 million > and 1.2 billion records. In the end I will only need about > 400 million of these records but to identify them I will have > join several tables together (sorting or indexing each time) > to get to this point. The files don't have a lot of fields as > they come from a very normalized transactional system so even > when everything is joined there will be <50 fields. > > Before I get too far down this road I would like to know if > anyone re...

Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records #4 1557160
Richard - Refreshing to see someone planning ahead! Usually it's something like - I have this job that takes 38 hours I've been running for the past 10 years.... There have been more than a few SAS-L posts on this very topic. Take a look at "Table Look-ups" and "the Hash iterator" - papers and posts by Paul Dorfman in particular. If it applies, it's probably the fastest way to join large data - usually by orders of magnitude. Art Carpenter's Macro Guide and the SAS Macro Facility Tips book are great starting points for macro reading. Michael Raithel has a newish book on SAS Indexes that is worth reading. In my very humble opinion splitting the files where sensible and making sure all queries are optimizable are good places to start. Good luck & hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard Reeves Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:08 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records Hi, I am working with some tables that have between 600 million and 1.2 billion records. In the end I will only need about 400 million of these records but to identify them I will have join several tables together (sorting or indexing each time) to get to this point. The files don't have a lot of fields as they come from a very normalized transactional system so even when everything is joined there will be...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #5
I also read that this could be a problem on machines that have multiple = processors, such as running DB2; if the data is clustered and each = processor takes care of one cluster, then you could have queries all = hitting the same processor instead of distributing the load across all = processors, thus potentially slowing down queries in peak periods where = you have multiple queries at the same time, if queries tend to be based = on the month (such as bank statements). Thus I'd proceed with caution = on the idea of splitting one table into 24 tables with one view without = making sure the other consequences of doing so are fully understood. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Mary=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:09 PM Subject: Re: Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET A view helps on deletes, but I wonder how it affects performance of = querying the data- wouldn't storing the data in 24 different locations = cause a significant slowdown in perfomance upon querying the data versus = having it all in one table that is indexed? If this data is queryied a = lot but only deleted once a month, the time in querying (which probably = is in peak time) could be much more important than the time in deleting = (which could be run when the computer is not busy, such as nights or = weekends). =20 -Mary ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #5
Mikeey I did try V8 before I sent the posting just to be sure that V5toV6 was not available and I too, found it not there. I see that Dale did not find it in a V6.12 installation. I just ran a mainframe 6.09E job and the proc is there. I find it odd that it would not be available in 6.12 since this is a V6 proc. The spelling is V5TOV6 Nat Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@W To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ESTAT.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: problem with large sas data sets #5
If I/O as source of corruption is the criterion, then practically all applications are "inherently untrustworthy". True, such risk would have to increase as amount of I/O increases, but there are means of reducing that risk - i.e. contemporary analogs of the parity track in 9-track tapes. It seems to me that the issue is one of managing risk. For example, if a binary compare utility, suggested by RolandRB, declare two files equivalent, I'd like to know how running a PROC COMPARE further reduces risk. Regards, Mark -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:22 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: problem with large sas data sets On Apr 21, 4:51 pm, sas_9264 <Shiping9...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, sometimes I have a problem to use unix command to copy, mv or soft > link large sas data set(over 4-5 GB). After I do that, I cann't open > that data anymore . Sas complain that ERROR: The open failed because > library member TEMP.XXXXXX_XX041608.DATA is damaged.Does anyone has > similar experience? > > Thanks, > > Shiping There was a post on this newsgroup (list) about a year ago of a huge dataset having a few corrupted records after doing a copy. Unfortunately, you should expect this. After copying a huge dataset, and somehow being sure it has flushed from the cache, you should use a utility to do a comparison or better, use proc ...

Re: Creating an empty SAS data set #5
I don't think your solution addresses the second part of the original question, only the first part. There are at least two other ways in SQL to do what your code does: create table new as select * from old (obs=0); create table new like old; In general, though, if you want to create one table that's exactly like another data set, you would need to use PROC COPY, which can also create the indexes and constraints in the original data set. Without knowing how to tell which variables are "black" and which are "blue", I'm not sure how I would answer the s...

Re: Open SAS Data Sets Directly from Windows Explorer into #5
Kevin, For future reference there are downloads available from SAS support site that rebuild the Windows registry as it would be after an install. That may have fixed your problem without reinstalling SAS but I haven't tried it for this particular problem. Take a look at this SAS Note: http://support.sas.com/kb/10/239.html HTH, Graham Murray. ...

Web resources about - Re: SAS with data sets of a billion+ records #5 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Google Is Still In The $2 Billion+ Hunt For Hulu
Initial bids are due this Wednesday.

2.7 Billion+ Trips Taken On Public Transportation In 2nd Quarter
... second quarter. Urban travelers are making commonsense choices for their pockets and the environment, effecting a 1.1% increase in 2.7 Billion+ ...

S Carolina flood losses: $1 billion+
South Carolina's losses from the floods will easily top $1 billion, but the issue for the government is that most of it will be uninsured.

Bloomberg estimates Xbox Live to be worth $1 billion+
Given the number of users and $50-a-year subscription fee, it's hardly a surprise that Microsoft is pulling in a ton of cash from Xbox Live, ...

Charles River Ventures' Seven $1 Billion+ Wins
Venture capital (VC) has been a bad place to invest over the last decade given the high risk of loss. But one venture capital firm has done way ...

WTF Is Waze And Why Did Google Just Pay A Billion+ For It? - TechCrunch
The tech industry has seen its fair share of acquisition whoppers lately, with Salesforce acquiring ExactTarget for $2.5 billion this month, ...

Web-Based Insurance Exchanges Attract $1 Billion+
Recent federal investments in state health insurance exchanges bring total grant funding to more than $1 billion. Needed next: strong security. ...

Massive Malware Campaign Targets Another Billion+ Users
The same malvertising campaign that has been raging for weeks has moved to a new ad network used by many top publishers.

How to build a billion+ dollar business in big data: the Palantir case study
Joe Lonsdale (co-founder of Palantir, Addepar and Formation8) kicked off a meaningful conversation with us on building multi-billion dollar businesses ...

Facebook May Expand Use Of Facial Recognition To Billion+ Public User Profile Pictures
After Facebook announced updates to its Data Use Policy this week, Reuters is reporting that the social network is considering applying its facial ...