From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Harry
Droogendyk
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:23 AM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: search SAS data set from SAS code

Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off
Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname /
directory.  Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well.  On 'NIX, you'll
use grep, mainframe, 3.something.

Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in
CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing.

data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" );
run;