Date:         Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:13:41 -0700
From:         Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM>Organization: http://groups.google.com
Subject:      search SAS data set from SAS codeComments: To: sas-l
Hi All,Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know
the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I
created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in
different folders and find it.
thanks in advance.Rose
0
iw1junk (1187)

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname allocation then search for the Libref search: *.sas containing text: Libref.DataSetName Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #3
Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #6
Rose In addition to the search tools that have been mentioned, the following program will search ONE directory and dump all of the SAS programs to a single flat file. The boundaries of each program are flagged and the source identified. This file may then be searched with a text editor and you will be able to see the associated lines of code. Old big-iron geeks may notice a resemblance to Proc Source which produces similar output. I have tried running this with a wild card in place of a folder name but that does not work. Nat Wooding dm 'log;clear;output;clear;pgm;'; ** note that the member name is not correct. the scan function is not recognizing the slashes ** as delimiter. reported as us 6125345 ** note that the ./ add card may need a bit of editing on the mainframe ** SearchText ** Nat Wooding ** Dominion Virginia Power ** March, 2003 ** ** this code lists the statements of any files in a given path that have the extension ** SAS. The code is displayed in the sas log and the name of the file is also shown. ** The output window may be searched for specific strings using the find option in the ** SAS pull down Find command; data a; filename txt 'n:\my sas files\natsas\*.sas'; length file $ 50; infile txt filename=file lrecl=80 truncover; informat txt $72.; input txt $ 1-72;; if index(file,'7bdat') then delete;* do not include sas data sets; source=file; source=scan(source,-2 ); /* now, add a b...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #4
Look at Google Desktop as well. Very fast. Thanks, Alan Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Harry Droogendyk Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:23 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: search SAS data set from SAS code Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ____________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and th...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #5
you want to save the macro code in its own file access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: SASautos Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Churchill > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > Suppose I have this code: > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > .do some sas stuff. > run; > %mend; > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I > can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #5
I also read that this could be a problem on machines that have multiple = processors, such as running DB2; if the data is clustered and each = processor takes care of one cluster, then you could have queries all = hitting the same processor instead of distributing the load across all = processors, thus potentially slowing down queries in peak periods where = you have multiple queries at the same time, if queries tend to be based = on the month (such as bank statements). Thus I'd proceed with caution = on the idea of splitting one table into 24 tables with one view without = making sure the other consequences of doing so are fully understood. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Mary=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:09 PM Subject: Re: Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET A view helps on deletes, but I wonder how it affects performance of = querying the data- wouldn't storing the data in 24 different locations = cause a significant slowdown in perfomance upon querying the data versus = having it all in one table that is indexed? If this data is queryied a = lot but only deleted once a month, the time in querying (which probably = is in peak time) could be much more important than the time in deleting = (which could be run when the computer is not busy, such as nights or = weekends). =20 -Mary ...

Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #5
site filetype=jes does some interesting things, especially if you assign output to an appropriately-configured hold queue. Most of the hold queues (1-9) are (it has been a while ...) "hold for writer" (ie printer). once in via filetype=jes, you may perform a dir to see the list of held output. as I recall, the various held outputs from the pgm are stored as JOB1234.1, JOB1234.2 and so on. they may be retrieved individually via GET or in a block get job1234.x it has been a while since I did this and only got it to work because some hold queues are used by our systems for special purposes. using one of those allowed me to get the held output. I spoke with our (then) JES guy about the queues. as I say, it has been a while, so a lot of this may have changed. additionally, USS or OMVS may provide other methods of access not available in traditional MVS. ---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:37:51 -0400 >From: Martin Mathis <martin.u.mathis@BANKOFAMERICA.COM> >Subject: Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >Something like this should be possible as I have done it in the past. Note >the "site filetype=jes" which submits your JCL/SAS Program to the MVS >internal reader. > >ftp -nv hostname << EOT >user userid/password >ascii >lcd jcldirectory >site filetype=jes >put sasjobwithjcl >quit >EOT > >You should get back something l...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #5
Mikeey I did try V8 before I sent the posting just to be sure that V5toV6 was not available and I too, found it not there. I see that Dale did not find it in a V6.12 installation. I just ran a mainframe 6.09E job and the proc is there. I find it odd that it would not be available in 6.12 since this is a V6 proc. The spelling is V5TOV6 Nat Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@W To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ESTAT.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting...

Re: SAS Formats
Karan, If you are running SAS interactively, you can view the files in the SAS explorer window if you first execute the statement Options nofmterr; This will allow you to open the file for viewing without having the format catalog. Daniel J. Nordlund Research and Data Analysis Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Olympia, WA 98504-5204 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Karan Bhatia Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:48 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Formats - converting SAS dataset into SPSS data Hi Jim, Thanks for your prompt reply on SAS-L. I do not have formats as code, but as "formats.sasb7cat" which appears with a icon of a folder with a red dot at lower right corner. I feel its similar to a zip file. I know how to use formats code to convert it to SPSS value label code using a text editor, but don't know how to use this. I am using SAS 8.2 and SPSS 12. Thanks, Karan Karan Bhatia | karan@absolutdata.net; AbsolutData Technologies Inc. | http://www.absolutdata.net +91.11.5163.6400 Ext - 338 (Intl Dialing) +510.903.1026 Ext - 338 (US Dialing) -----Original Message----- From: Jim Groeneveld [mailto:jim1stat@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:29 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Karan Bhatia Subject: Re: SAS Formats - converting SAS dataset into SPSS data Hi Karan, SAS formats are more than SPSS value labels. In SPSS, as you may know, value lab...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #5
Ian, I agree with your statement: "Well maybe it is best postponed to the time Keith shows that parameterization would be helpful to him." If it does turn out that parameterization would be helpful to him, he is in luck. I will agree to offer him, and SAS-L, the best example that my understanding of the SAS Component Language and my meager skills will allow. And I hope you, and as many other mmmm's as possible, will do likewise with the SAS Macro Language. I hope it has become apparent to you and other mmmm's that the SAS Component Language can handle whole classes of pr...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps
John: Dataflux is now marketing DBMSCOPY or Unix. See http://www.dataflux.com/Product-Services/Products/dbms.asp Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Web resources about - Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5 - comp.soft-sys.sas

SEO, Search Engine Optimisation - Website Optimisation
Hit Search Limited - digital marketing agency specialising in search engine optimisation, affiliates, ROI and pay per click. Online marketing ...

SEO & Search Engine News : SEJ
Latest Search Engine News from the Search Engine Journal.

Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search Advertising (PPC) & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Search ...
The authoritative guide to search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), paid search advertising (PPC) and social media marketing. ...

Search Newz :: Search Engine News
... To Fight Over Paid Links Google prepared a note about a proposal by French lawmakers and backed by French news publsihers, which want search ...

State of Search - Where Search and Social meet up
The fastest growing Search and Social blog covering strategy developments in search and social media

Yahoo! Search - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Yahoo! Search Engine . For the corporation, see Yahoo! . For other uses, see Yahoo! (disambiguation) . , the 2nd largest ...

Education Minister Simon Birmingham unveils sweeping changes to Safe Schools program - AdelaideNow Search ...
THE Safe Schools Coalition program will be overhauled, after a review found “a number of resources” included content not suitable for all children, ...

Long search ends after body of missing dragon boat paddler found
... woman who went missing after falling from a dragon boat into a Gold Coast waterway has been found. "We started quite an extensive search last ...

Madonna Brisbane: Late show angers fans - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ANGRY Madonna fans were kept waiting for more than two hours for the superstar to take the stage at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Wednesday ...

Scores of clocks found inside abandoned Warriewood house - DailyTelegraph Search Search
AN abandoned home in Warriewood sold this week with all its contents intact — including more than 100 clocks.