Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #6

Rose

In addition to the search tools that have been mentioned, the following
program will search ONE directory and dump all of the SAS programs to a
single flat file. The boundaries of each program are flagged and the source
identified. This file may then be searched with a text editor and you will
be able to see the associated lines of code.  Old big-iron geeks may notice
a resemblance to Proc Source which produces similar output. I have tried
running this with a wild card in place of a folder name but that does not
work.

Nat Wooding

dm 'log;clear;output;clear;pgm;';
** note that the member name is not correct. the scan function is not
recognizing the slashes
** as delimiter. reported as us 6125345
** note that the ./ add card may need a bit of editing on the mainframe

** SearchText
** Nat Wooding
** Dominion Virginia Power
** March, 2003
**
** this code lists the statements of any files in a given path that have
the extension
** SAS. The code is displayed in the sas log and the name of the file is
also shown.
** The output window may be searched for specific strings using the find
option in the
** SAS pull down Find command;

data a;

     filename txt 'n:\my sas files\natsas\*.sas';
     length file $ 50;
     infile txt filename=file lrecl=80 truncover;
     informat txt $72.;
     input txt $ 1-72;;
     if index(file,'7bdat') then delete;* do not include sas data sets;
       source=file;

     source=scan(source,-2 );
       /* now, add a break between the code from each file. */
data a;
   set a;
   by notsorted source;
     if first.source then do;
          hold=txt;
          txt='./add       name   ='||source  ;* the ./add here is for use
if I want to
                                                  * to move the programs to
the mainframe.
                                                  * note that it also
sticks the file name at the
                                                  *front
;
          output;
          txt=hold;
          output;
     end;
     else output;
     drop hold;

       * you now have your sas code in a sas data set which you could write
to a flat file
         and edit if you wish.
       *;
data a;
     set;
       filename new 'd:park\upload storage.txt';
       file new;
       put txt;
proc print;
run;

                      Rose
                      <myr_rose@YAHOO.C        To:       SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "SAS(r)         Subject:  search SAS data set from SAS code
                      Discussion"
                      <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U
                      GA.EDU>

                      04/19/05 11:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      myr_rose

Hi All,
Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know
the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I
created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in
different folders and find it.

thanks in advance.
Rose

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code
> From: Rose > Hi All, > Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created > early, I know > the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I > created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in > different folders and find it. a problem familiar to all of us delayed-housekeeping folks. Libname Libref '<directory-specification>'; DATA LibRef.DataSetName; use your system utilities to search for the dir-spec of your libref. search: *.sas containing text: <dir-spec> once you have found the libname allocation then search for the Libref search: *.sas containing text: Libref.DataSetName Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #4
Look at Google Desktop as well. Very fast. Thanks, Alan Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Harry Droogendyk Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:23 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: search SAS data set from SAS code Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose ____________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and th...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #5
Rose, You have some good advice on search techniques, but they may beinadequate. I hope your LIBNAME wasn't something like libname lib "&dir" ; Perhaps you should also search for ".member", but that also couldhave the same problem. You might also look for key variablenames or values, or procedures that you know created the data.The date from a PROC CONTENTs might provide useful information,or an old report created by the same program with a footnote,"Source code: ...". Maybe data lib.w ( label="created by ..." ) ; would be a good habit to develop in the future. Then goodorganization also helps. Sorry, I haven't got a good solution, but it is possible to learnfrom mistakes and wise to do so. Otherwise, they tend to getrepeated. Ian Whitlock=================== Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:13:41 -0700 Reply-To: myr_rose@YAHOO.COMSender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM>Organization: http://groups.google.com Subject: search SAS data set from SAS codeComments: To: sas-l Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hi All,Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance.Rose ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #3
Most O/S have a search feature, eg. Windows has search/find command off Start button, will look inside files for a string, eg. our libname / directory. Ultraedit has a handy search feature as well. On 'NIX, you'll use grep, mainframe, 3.something. Consider putting the program name in the data set label ( which shows up in CONTENTS ) at creation time to better keep track of this type of thing. data libname.mydata ( label = "Created by pgm" ); ... run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Rose Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which sas program code I created it. how can I search from so many sas program files in different folders and find it. thanks in advance. Rose __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier �lectronique est confidentiel et prot�g�...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and RENAME or get back to us with the variable names, and some sample data (maybe a proc print with obs=20). HTH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But > with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be > unable to see the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based > on Sas data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have > all the code I need to do this except for splitting the > data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length > 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char > > > > Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) > Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; > ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #2
you cannot do this as described without a common link here, your Var1 Note: both data sets must be sorted by Var1 Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; do until(EndoFile); Set SASDS1 SASDS2 end = EndoFile; by Var1; *consider: if Var1 in (Node1 Node2 Node3); If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; end; stop; Undoubtedly the HashHeads will propose a lookup table but the above is what you are trying to do. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > From: starsoul@mindspring.com > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > separate SAS data sets to create a third. > > I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with > SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see > the coding technique. > > Problem: > > Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. > Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. > > I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas > data set 1 > > Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all > the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into > a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). > > > Psuedo code: > > Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char > Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 > Char Node3 Length 1...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #8
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:37:16 +0000, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL >#iw-value=1 > >Lizette, > >I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably >could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my >interpretation. Here is code to generate data. > > data control ; > do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; > run ; > > data tosplit ; > input node1 node2 node3 other ; > cards ; > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 7 7 7 > ; Here are test data generators which conform to the actual scale of the problem. data control; do _n_ = 1 to 1000; var1 = floor(ranuni(135)* 100000); output; end; run; data tosplit; do other = 1 to 500000; node1 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node2 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); node3 = floor(ranuni(246)* 100000); output; end; run; > >Here is a way to split using the DATA step. > > data newlist other ; > drop flag var1 ; > set tosplit ; > do pt = 1 to nobs ; > set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; > if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then > flag = 1 ; > end ; > if flag then output newlist ; > else > output other ; > run ; At full scale the loop runs one half billion times. That took about 9 minutes on my PC....

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #4
Something like this is the old way. You could use a proc sql if you have a new enough version. Increase your buffersize and if you have enough memory you may get it into a hash routine. DATA WORK.NEW; MERGE small (IN=A OBS=500) big ; BY ID_FIELD; IF A=1; RUN; QUIT; RICH -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or No...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #3
Lizette, Instead of trying to merge the two data sets, I would probably try to create a SAS format from the values of VAR1 in data set 1. Then, NODE1, NODE2 and NODE3 could be compared against the format for a match. The example below is a simplified version of what you could do and shows a printout of how it works. It has 5 observations in data set 1 and only 3 variables in data set 2, but I think the logic should hold for the example you gave. After the example is code that could be used to actually split the data as you had requested. Hope this helps. * create sas data set 1 ; data sasds1; input var1 $; cards; AAA BBB DDD FFF AAA HHH ; run; * sort data set 1 to eliminate any duplicate values ; proc sort nodupkey data = sasds1 out = sasds1_dd (rename=(var1=start)); by var1; run; * create data set that will be used to build SAS format ; data sasds1_dd; set sasds1_dd end=last; fmtname = '$NODES'; label = 'Y'; output; if last then do; hlo='O'; label='N'; output; end; run; * build format (the optional fmtlib option will print the format for you to review) ; proc format cntlin = sasds1_dd fmtlib; run; * create sas dataset 2 ; data sasds2; input node1 $ node2 $ node3 $; cards; ZZZ YYY XXX AAA YYY XXX ZZZ FFF XXX ZZZ YYY DDD AA YYY XXX ZZZ AAAA XXX ; run; * apply format to node1-node3 to determine if there is a match ; data testing; set sasds2; if put(node1,$nodes.) = 'Y' or put(node2,$nodes.) = '...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo code: Sas Data set 1: Var1 Length 7 Char Sas Data set 2: Node1 Length 1-8 Char Node2 Length 1-8 Char Node3 Length 1-8 Char Data Newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Set SASDS1 ; *Contains 1 var 1000 obs ; Set SASDS2 ; *Contains 15 vars and 500,000 obs ; If Node1 = VAR1 or Node2 = VAR1 or Node3 = Var1 then Output Newlist ; Else Output Otherds ; I have tried putting in two SET statements, but I seem to reduce the information dramatically. ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #7
Summary: You need a loop and the POINT option or SQL #iw-value=1 Lizette, I think a lot of respondents have misunderstood the problem. This probably could have been avoided with a simplified example. Here is my interpretation. Here is code to generate data. data control ; do var1 = 1 to 4 ; output ; end ; run ; data tosplit ; input node1 node2 node3 other ; cards ; 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 5 7 7 7 7 ; Here is a way to split using the DATA step. data newlist other ; drop flag var1 ; set tosplit ; do pt = 1 to nobs ; set control point = pt nobs = nobs ; if var1 = node1 or var1 = node2 or var1 = node3 then flag = 1 ; end ; if flag then output newlist ; else output other ; run ; And here is a way to split using SQL. proc sql ; create table newlist as select * from tosplit where node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) ; create table other as select * from tosplit where not(node1 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control) or node2 in (select var1 from control)) ; quit ; Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0400 Reply-To: starsoul@mindspring.com Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul@MINDSPRING.COM>...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data s ets
I think that both Ron's (as he mentioned) and Richard solutions require that VAR1 is in both datasets. But from the original post, it seemed to me that VAR1 is only in data set 1, and it must be matched to 1 of 3 variables in data set 2 (NODE1, NODE2 or NODE3) to be output to the NEWLIST data set. For this reason, I think a format is one possible approach. Maybe the original poster can clarify this point. Thanks. Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussio...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #6
Good Don. I should have remembered that trick from SGF. One minor issue, it doesn't preserve formatting. Other than doing the string split myself, any suggestions? Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don Henderson Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:37 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: FW: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code resending as I did not mean to send to just Andre ---------------------------------------- > From: donaldjhenderson@hotmail.com > To: wielki@ined.fr > Subject: RE: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code > Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:34:41 +0000 > > > Alan, > > If you want the generated SAS code try (untested): > > data _null_; > file "code.sas"; > length code $32000; > code = resolve('%xyz'); > put code; > run; > > You may want to format it (e.g., new line whenever you start a new statement). > > HTH, > donh > > ---------------------------------------- >> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:52:02 +0200 >> From: wielki@INED.FR >> Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code >> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> >> Alan, >> not precisely clear what you are searching >> think thus also about this kind of program >> in addition to the mprint mfile answer of ~data _null_ >> HTH >> Andre >> &...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #6
I have been watching this thread today and I just now recall an example that Paul Dorfman gave at a RUG several years ago and no, I don't recall exactly where or when other than it was NESUG or SESUG in the past 5 years. Anyway, Paul had a client who was storing something like the past 12 months of transactions as variables andat the start of each month needed to stick the just ended month on the end and drop the oldest month. Paul used Peek to read the last 11 months of each obs as a single chunk of data, append the current's month, and then used Poke to write the whole new obs as a unit. The time reduction was dramatic. It probably would not work here unless you knew a whole lot about the structure of the data set and it has a very fixed structure but I was so impressed with the solution that I like to mention it whenever it seems even remotely useful. Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and/or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclos...

Re: Running sas code on mainframe through SAS-UNIX #6

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #6
I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps
John: Dataflux is now marketing DBMSCOPY or Unix. See http://www.dataflux.com/Product-Services/Products/dbms.asp Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps #2
John: Following on Richard's thoughtful suggestions, the Affinium system would likely capture data from csv files. SAS PROC EXPORT produces them quickly, and loading them into external systems works faster for relatively basic data structures and data formats, in my experience, than xml parsing. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Bentley Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:10 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reading SAS data sets on UNIX by non-SAS apps I have SAS data sets on AIX that we need to read with Unica's Affinium campaign management software, also on a UNIX box. (Let's not get into why we didn't go with the SAS Solution.) SAS Institute doesn't supply an ODBC driver for the UNIX environment, and the Affinium implementors don't want to use the SAS SQL Library for C and or deal with APIs. Other that dumping the SAS data sets as flat files, can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Re: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program #6 1547525
Keith, You have two choices: 1st.: create macros containing your if statements and store them either in a user or public macro library. 2nd.: Create text files contaiing your if statements save them in a PDS and %include them in your program. Toby Dunn From: Keith <kmccall00@CHARTER.NET> Reply-To: Keith <kmccall00@CHARTER.NET> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reusing code from SAS Program in another SAS Program Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:23:07 -0700 I write SAS programs on the Mainframe. I have several programming steps in multiple programs that use the same IF statements, for example. Maintenance is getting to be a problem because I may have to make the same code change in 50 different programs. I would like to write the If statement only once and read it into the appropriate data steps of the various programs. If someone could give me help on how I could do this, it would be appreciated. ...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Searching for SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to Efficient SAS #6 1550303
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:38:48 -0800, Hari <excel_hari@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 9.1.3 > >SAS help lists a particular reference "SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to >Efficient SAS Programming". I tried searching for this in SAS help but >with no success. Using the search button returned 9 entries but none of >them has the actual document. > >Is this resource included in help? > >Please guide me. > >Regards, >Hari >India Here you have some options: http://www.addall.com/New/compare.cgi? dispCurr=USD&id=20437&isbn=1555444318&location=10000&thetime=20051207160332& author=&title=&state=AK Regards, RVV ...

Web resources about - Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #6 - comp.soft-sys.sas

SEO, Search Engine Optimisation - Website Optimisation
Hit Search Limited - digital marketing agency specialising in search engine optimisation, affiliates, ROI and pay per click. Online marketing ...

SEO & Search Engine News : SEJ
Latest Search Engine News from the Search Engine Journal.

Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search Advertising (PPC) & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Search ...
The authoritative guide to search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), paid search advertising (PPC) and social media marketing. ...

Search Newz :: Search Engine News
... To Fight Over Paid Links Google prepared a note about a proposal by French lawmakers and backed by French news publsihers, which want search ...

State of Search - Where Search and Social meet up
The fastest growing Search and Social blog covering strategy developments in search and social media

Yahoo! Search - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Yahoo! Search Engine . For the corporation, see Yahoo! . For other uses, see Yahoo! (disambiguation) . , the 2nd largest ...

Education Minister Simon Birmingham unveils sweeping changes to Safe Schools program - AdelaideNow Search ...
THE Safe Schools Coalition program will be overhauled, after a review found “a number of resources” included content not suitable for all children, ...

Long search ends after body of missing dragon boat paddler found
... woman who went missing after falling from a dragon boat into a Gold Coast waterway has been found. "We started quite an extensive search last ...

Madonna Brisbane: Late show angers fans - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ANGRY Madonna fans were kept waiting for more than two hours for the superstar to take the stage at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Wednesday ...

Scores of clocks found inside abandoned Warriewood house - DailyTelegraph Search Search
AN abandoned home in Warriewood sold this week with all its contents intact — including more than 100 clocks.