Re: Strange SAS teradata message

I have no teradata, but I have an idea, where to look. That name, you use,
is not the real name. Means: behind EM_NOHOST there is something other.
For IP-adresses in TCP/IP there is a file where that substitutions are
contained. For the big WWW that is done by DNS servers, for some local
names, you have the HOSTS file. Maybe the substitute is also something
like a IP-adress.
You should contact your sysadmin with that error message. He can tell you,
how the name is, you can use, or he enters the needed entry in the right
file, so you can use the name you are used to.
Gerhard

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:02:56 -0700, ssegall@GMAIL.COM wrote:

>All,
>Not really sure if that many people in here define Libraries in
>Teradata using SAS, but I'd figure I'd give it a shot.  May be an
>error that shows up using other more popular databases.
>
>I am using the following script that I have always used to define the
>libname statement.
>
> libname XXXXX teradata server=XXXXXXX user=XXXXXX password=XXXXXXXX
>schema=XXXXX;
>
>When I entered this I get the following error.
>
>ERROR: Teradata connection: MTDP: EM_NOHOST(224): name not in HOSTS
>file or names database.  .
>ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
>
>I have no clue what this means.
>
>I have run the same exact script on my laptop and was able to
>sucessfully connect.  Unfortunately running SAS on my laptop isn't a
>good solution.  Any ideas what the error means or how I might resolve
>it.
>
>Thanks,
>-Steven Segall

Re: Strange SAS teradata message #4
Maybe I had, but that wasn't the solution. You needed a similar line in your hosts file that referenced the server and its ip address. However, subsequent postings suggest you had a variation on the problem and that it is resolved now. Kind regards David -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of ssegall@GMAIL.COM Sent: Friday, 13 July 2007 3:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Strange SAS teradata message On Jul 12, 7:44 am, d...@dkvj.biz (David Johnson) wrote: > The ideal way to deliver data from a server is usually ...

Strange SAS teradata message
All, Not really sure if that many people in here define Libraries in Teradata using SAS, but I'd figure I'd give it a shot. May be an error that shows up using other more popular databases. I am using the following script that I have always used to define the libname statement. libname XXXXX teradata server=XXXXXXX user=XXXXXX password=XXXXXXXX schema=XXXXX; When I entered this I get the following error. ERROR: Teradata connection: MTDP: EM_NOHOST(224): name not in HOSTS file or names database. . ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. I have no clue what this means. I have run...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; goptions device = EMF ftext = 'Tahoma' ; ods rtf file = "c:\temp\deleteme.rtf" ; proc boxplot data = phoney ; plot x * grp ; run ; ods rtf close ; * =================================== ; Looks like I've got to add that FONTREG call anew every time (running in batch anyway). But that's tolerable... Thanks all! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Pardee, Roy Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:12 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: sas/graph: using truetype fonts w/ODS RTF output on windows Thanks for the response Mary! Huh, strange. So you run that code unaltered & get Tahoma in the graphic in the .rtf file? I just now tried adding this before the 'data phoney ;' line: proc fontreg mode = replace ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; And I get ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> Reply-To: Ed Heaton <EdHeaton@WESTAT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:52:16 -0400 Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #5
Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:22:59 -0400 I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby d...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of toby dunn Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:34 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Good deal Bob, atleast that company was headed in the right direction IMO... I have given such tests and taken them. I ussually give them a data set, the specs I want them to follow, and a example of what I want the output to look like. Then I tend to give them like 4 or 5 hours if they need it to complete the project. In reallity they should be done in an hour or so. The test should be challenging but not too challenging, and the solution should involve a few data steps, procedures, and some type of reporting..... Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #9
ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something else. From: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:54:31 -0600 Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #3
Okay, I think I need to weigh-in on this. First, the exam is designed to test what you know about how SAS works. I think it does a fair job at that. (I say so partly because I only scored 89 on the exam. Now, I didn't prepare for the exam; I was really testing the exam when I took it as opposed to using the exam to test my skills.) The exam doesn't know how well you can program. There is a big difference between having a large vocabulary and knowing the rules of grammar and knowing how to write. Similarly, there's a big difference between knowing how SAS works and knowing how to program. The exam does not test how well you can program. That said, when I look for someone to hire that I don't know, I need everything I can get to evaluate the candidate. Sure, it would be nice if they brought a portfolio of their code so I could see what they can write. That seldom happens, and when it does the code is often not really written by the applicant. So, I look for other things. An applicant often tells what they worked on, but that too can be exaggerated. What am I left with? Well, someone can program who doesn't know SAS, but probably they won't be a very good SAS programmer. I'd rather have the exam to judge than to not have the exam. If I were to apply for a job where the employer didn't know me, I would also want the certification to help them make the decision. Oh, as for the version 9 questions, I remember finding several. Just d...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #6
I interviewed at a company that gave a test where I had a half hour to produce a very simple report using PROC REPORT. I was provided all the manuals I wanted, but because I had used PROC REPORT before, I wanted none of them. I finished in five minutes, and most people on SAS-L would be able to beat that time. Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/04/2007 05:15 PM Please respond to "toby dunn" <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspective and you can make your choice from there. Toby Dunn Comprimise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each comprimise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Genetics Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research San Antonio, TX 78227 ...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledge. YMMV. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: toby dunn [mailto:tobydunn@hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:04 PM To: savian001@GMAIL.COM; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. ALan , Lets keep this to straight SAS, I dont tell people what they should use in SAS to produce the report, but rather I say here is what the report should look like, here i sthe data set, here ar the specs, now go make it happen. If your hirng a junior level programmer they should know the data step and say proc sort, proc print, proc format. If your going after a Senior level programmer the test should be harder and reflect more things like ODs, macro, etc... In your case you dont promote straight SAS solutions and that is great, but a whole other market than a straight SAS programmer. To...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #3
First, let me admit/acknowledge that I have no knowledge of the history of this thread. Been tied up catching up post SAS Global Forum and post the announcement of sasCommunity.org. But I would like to offer some thoughts regarding Toby's comment: > No as for the sascommunity.org, do we really want a macro library. Well I > would say yes and no. I would like to have one and there are those who > have > paced some Macros on there already. I believe Don and Ron both have, > actually they were on there before the Wiki went public. However, since > people tend to get Ma...

Re: SAS consulting and SAS license
Paula, I'm not a consultant but, I have had a little experience with SAS licensing. If I understand you questions correctly: 1) If I recall correctly, as a consultant, she can use the contracting company's license only on company premises (may be wrong about that detail) and she can only perform work for that specific company using that copy of PC-SAS. If the company's license is workstation-based then each PC SAS is installed on will count as a license-copy. If the license is user-based then each workstation will count for at least one license-copy (each pers...

Re: SAS and SAS/IML TO C
ricardosilva@SERASA.COM.BR wrote: > >Dear Users, > >There's some way to convert SAS and/or SAS/IML codes to C code? > >Thanks, > >Ricardo=20 Sure there is. Umm, unless you didn't want to spend a bunch of person-months writing the code by hand, and then a bunch of person-years validating and debugging all that code. If all you want is something simple, like a sort, or a sum of constants times your varables, then you can do that in any decent language. If you want any kind of generality, you are stuck. Let's say you want some subset of PROC MIXED in C. W...

Web resources about - Re: Strange SAS teradata message - comp.soft-sys.sas

Teradata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article reads like a news release , or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. Please help by either rewriting this article ...

Teradata (@Teradata) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Teradata @ Teradata Teradata ...

teradata - YouTube
Teradata is a leading provider of powerful, enterprise analytic technologies and services that include Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence ...

Blasting Past Data-Driven Roadblocks: Speaking With Teradata Applications CMO Lisa Arthur
While most marketers today understand why they need to establish data-driven marketing strategies, the big question for most is how exactly to ...

Teradata Drops 10%: Year View Disappoints; Hadoop in Focus
Shares of big data and analytics tech company Teradata (TDC) are down $4.39, or 10%, at $39.58, after the company this morning reported Q1 revenue ...

Turbid Days for Teradata
Sterne Agee downgraded the analytics firm to Neutral from Buy. Teradata (TDC: NYSE) By Sterne, Agee & Leach ($52.58, Oct. 15, 2013) We are downgrading ...

UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Teradata Corporation as Weak Spending Pushes Growth Out Again
In a report published Tuesday, Goldman Sachs analyst Greg Dunham downgraded the rating on Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) from Conviction List-Buy ...

Teradata releases the power of IoT data
... Extracting value from that data and gaining useful business insights from it though is a complex process. Big data applications company Teradata ...

Teradata marketing exec lands on national Top 10 list
Teradata marketing exec lands on national Top 10 list

Teradata's Rolodex May Lure Cisco to HP: Real M&A
Teradata's Rolodex May Lure Cisco to HP: Real M&A Bloomberg Teradata Corp. (TDC) could take a cue from dealmaking customers Comcast Corp. and ...