From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]
On Behalf Of Md Alam
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS - Still problem

Thanks for all your help. I tried using FTP to tranfer datasets from
unix to PC. But when I am trying to open the datasets in PC after being
transferred I am getting this following message
    "Invalid header on file. File can not be opened."

I tried  using "proc download data=unix.dataset
                out=pc.dataset;
                run;"
I never used SAS/Connect before and I do not have any manual handy for
it. So I do not know how it get connected. When I run the above code on
unix the log gives me an warning : "PROC DOWNLOAD MUST BE INVOKED WITH
THE RSUBMIT COMMAND".

Would anyone be kind enough to give me a deatil or atleast some online
documentation how can I do this job in SAS 8.2.
0
HERMANS1 (2683)