Re: Unable to read Unicode file into SAS file - able to do after #2

Another possibility is that proc import isn't correctly getting the right
formats and informats.  If you already know what those formats and
informats should be, you can always copy, paste and edit (from the log)
the data step that resulted from the proc import run, adjusting any
incorrect formats and informats and then just run it as a data step.

Also, while I don't think it would make any difference, your proc import
contains two "datafile=chr" statements.

Art
--------
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:06:11 +0530, Cherish K <c4cherish@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>From MS SQL, I extracted a huge file of size 2.5GB. But the file was
unicode
>encoded. So the usual import function wasn't working.
>
>From the archives I found a code written by DATA_NULL which says to use
>filename and encoding option;
>
>Below is the code given by data null
>
>filename chr "File_LOCATION\FILENAME.csv" encoding = Unicode;
>
>proc import datafile = chr out = chk
>DATAFILE=chr
>DBMS=DLM REPLACE;
>DELIMITER = '|';
>GETNAMES=YES;
>DATAROW=2;
>RUN;
>
>what was happening is initial few columns were getting imported properly,
>i.e. out of 97 columns 25 were imported properly, 5-7 partial import, and
>the rest blanks.
>
>When i opened the file in textpad, i could see that all the fields are
>populated. What might be the problem?
>
>I used convert to DOS option in textpad and then converted using usual
>import option and it was working well i.e. all columns are getting
imported
>properly.
>
> But to do this I had to split the file into smaller ones so that I can
open
>it in textpad and then use convert to DOS option.
>
>Is there a way in SAS where I can directly convert the unicode csv file to
>SAS (reading all the columns?)
>
>Regards,
>Cherish
0