Re: Unusual SAS processing Problem

What I am trying to understand is if the same model with same
specification same class variables and same dataset ran well last week
then sudenly what happened that is is taking 1 hr 51 mins to process
?

 Regards
 Sudip

On Apr 2, 4:31 pm, sudip.memp...@GMAIL.COM (sudip chatterjee) wrote:
> What I am trying to understand is if the same model with same
> specification same class variables and same dataset ran well last week
> then sudenly what happened that is is taking 1 hr 51 mins to process
> ?
>
>  Regards
>  Sudip

Well, it sure would have been nice if you had provided that
information in the first place.

Exact same data? Exact same PROC GLIMMIX code (no options have
changed)? If those things haven't changed, then you have to look at
your computer.

Are other tasks (like a virus checker or other programs) running and
using a lot of CPU when you run SAS? Is the network unusually slow?
Has any hardware or software been added? Those are the only things I
can think of if everything else has stayed the same.

--
Paige Miller
paige\dot\miller \at\ kodak\dot\com

Re: Unusual SAS processing Problem #2
Sudip, If nothing changed regarding the data set or code, then I don't think anyone on the list is better qualified to answer the question than you. Are you running SAS from a stand alone machine or via a network? Have you updated SAS during the time period of concern? Are your data on your machine or on a network? When did you start your current SAS session? Obviously, something has changed between the two runs. What may have changed? Art --------- On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:31:39 -0500, sudip chatterjee <sudip.memphis@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >What I am trying to understand is if the same model with same >specification same class variables and same dataset ran well last week >then sudenly what happened that is is taking 1 hr 51 mins to process >? > > Regards > Sudip ...

Unusual SAS processing Problem
Dear All, I am using proc Glimmix for my models. Recently the problem I am facing is like 1) even if I see that convergence criterion is satisfied machine takes 1 hr 52 mins to give the output. 2) I have tried various options but always the same result. 3) I have had run the same model before & it took few seconds to process the results. 4) I have deleted all the files in SAS TEMP folder still the result is same. I have adequate space (20 GB free) & 1 GB memory to process data. I will appreciate if someone can point where to look at in this situation. Regards Sudip On Apr 2, 2:50 pm, sudip.memp...@GMAIL.COM (sudip chatterjee) wrote: > Dear All, > > I am using proc Glimmix for my models. Recently the problem I am > facing is like > > 1) even if I see that convergence criterion is satisfied machine takes > 1 hr 52 mins to give the output. > > 2) I have tried various options but always the same result. > > 3) I have had run the same model before & it took few seconds to > process the results. > > 4) I have deleted all the files in SAS TEMP folder still the result is same. > > I have adequate space (20 GB free) & 1 GB memory to process data. I > will appreciate if someone can point where to look at in this > situation. > > Regards > Sudip If you have a very large data set, and/or if you have many many many class variable levels, and/or you have specified an extremely complex analysis, ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS?
2 things you can do: 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate) 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, <elodie.gillain@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone > > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS > version I am trying to install. > > What can I do? > > I greatly appreciate your help. > -- =============================== WenSui Liu ChoicePoint Precision Marketing Phone: 678-893-9457 Email : wensui.liu@choicepoint.com Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com =============================== On May 14, 11:00 am, liuwen...@GMAIL.COM (Wensui Liu) wrote: > 2 things you can do: > 1) switch to 32-bit vista (business / ultimate) > 2) or wait for a new version of SAS supporting 64-bit windows > > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, <elodie.gill...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi everyone > > > I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > > > The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS > > version I am trying to install. > > > What can I do? > > > I greatly appreciate your help. > > -- > =============================== > WenSui Liu > ChoicePoint Precision Marketing > Phone: 678-893-9457 > Email : wensui....@choicepoint.com > Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com > =============================== Thanks a lot...

Re: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS
Md Alam: Most often failures of ftp to transfer a valid SAS dataset from Unix to a PC platform result from transferring the file using a MODE other than BINARY. Try a binary mode transfer. Sig -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Md Alam Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Transfering datasets to Unix /SAS from PC/SAS - Still problem Thanks for all your help. I tried using FTP to tranfer datasets from unix to PC. But when I am trying to open the datasets in PC after being tra...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #3
What about having a Virtual Machine with XP for example and SAS inside in your x64? Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> escribi�: Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. --------------------------------- Yahoo! Encuentros Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho m�s f�cil, prob� el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros. Visit� http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem??
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the lan...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; gopti...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #11
Kevin, Thank you for the nice words...I am sure I wouldn't have a chance on any stat exam, BTW. What I am good at is being in an absolute crisis and trying to get it solved with no time on the clock. That is why I think in a quirky manner. When the obvious isn't working, take a different path because there is simply no time left. It's what I did at MCI, SAS, and now as an independent. ....and that skill will not be measured on a certification exam or plopping me in front of a PC to hammer out an example SAS program. For any candidate, I can pick up their technical level with a few questions and watching their reactions. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Roland Viel Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin ...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #5
I think that SAS and R are very similar, even though their designs are very different. What matters is that both can be used to accomplish the same things - just as English and Swahilli serve the same purpose (communication) equally well. As for the copyleft "mess", do you really believe the propaganda and outright lies perpetrated by some companies? Remember, they want you to pay $$$ for your software, and copyleft poses a huge threat to that goal. -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #4
Ed , I still contend and stick with they should both be able to program and know how SAS works. I prefer the intervewing company give a test, were the person being interviewed is sat in front a laptop or desktop and told to write code to solve some problems. No online help no books just the persona nd the computer. This weeds out those who can code and those who cant, from those who can you then talk to them about the code they wrote and you can deduce those who understand how SAS works and thos who dont. The pool you are left with are the qualified candidates atleast from a SAS perspecti...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #4
No, sorry if I made it sound that way..... SAS and R are totally different in the way they work, how they are structured, what the statements look like, and so on. Not like French and Spanish, not even like English and Spanish. More like English and Swahilli. R has a lot in common with S Plus, both are based on the S language. But there is no hostility that I know of between S Plus and R (unlike the situation with Linux) Peter >>> <ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK> 2/5/2004 10:36:32 AM >>> wrote Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sort...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #7
Well Toby, let me ask something then. Since I am not an ODS fan and haven't used proc report/tabulate for some time, would that be an automatic disqualifier since you don't allow reference books or materials? SAS does not provide tools that help me code ODS (except for EG) and therefore a reference material is all I would need. Now, it's not like I haven't used proc report (used it extensively at one time), it's just that I prefer other means to produce the final output. It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the get-go. Heck, maybe that's wh...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #3
Wow, that was a leap. Better not use Apache or PHP then. Andy >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On >Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK >Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 10:37 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) > >Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are >incidentally in all >sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. > >On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: > >>I use both SAS a...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #8
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Alan Churchill wrote: > It seems that a test like this would toss me out of the pool from the > get-go. Heck, maybe that's what the goal would be ;-] Well then, maybe the rest of us might have a chance then :) Given that I have not used SAS regularly in months, I would be hurting. Hopefully, I would not be tossed immediately either. Isn't one point of the test to allow a organization to call itself a partner or some other distinction? Maybe to be listed among companies on SI's websites? Kevin Kevin Viel, PhD Post-doctoral fellow Department of Geneti...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #10
I actually think you are straight-jacketing the interview for a senior person. I would definitely look for someone who thought outside of the box. That may be ways of doing things other than macros or ODS or else putting a new spin on them. I ditched most of the macro language a decade ago, for example. As a hiring manager, I always went for creativity and not specific skills on hand and was very pleased with my hires. But hey, I don't hire anymore so it isn't something I have to face. BTW, no client has ever asked me for certification nor have I been quizzed on specific SAS knowledg...

Re: SAS time problem and formula problem
Hello Vijay I can only answer your first question since the formula was not readable for me. (SAS-L removes attachments, incl the picture showing your formula) Consider this data step ... data in; format hr hhmm5.; hr = '45:00't; /* <-- 45 hours and 0 minutes -- */ hrn = hr/(60*60); /* <-- number of decimal hours from 0 minutes. Using the hour() function will return 21 which is incorrect -- */ loghrn = log(hrn); /* <-- gives you the 3.807 -- */ run; I think the issue is the value of hr. You see 45:00 which is the representation of the SAS hhmm5. format. The SAS stored value is a numeric 162000, the number of seconds since the time 0 or 00:00. When you use the formula log(hr) you are doing log(162000) and not log(45) as you may want. HTH Magnus On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:51:14 +0000, Vijay Reddi <Vijay.Reddi@SSL- INTERNATIONAL.COM> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have two problems, and I really hope you can help me. > >The first problem is that I want to take the Log of a time variable (format >is hhmm6.), but the answer returned is wrong. I have used the following >code: > >/* p is a time variable with format hh:mm5.*/ > >data 'C:\Vijay Data\Research project\Project\Data\craw4'; > set craw3_1; > ln_aa=log(p); > format ln_aa hhmm5.; >run; > >For example if p=45:00 (hh:mm) then ln_aa equals 00:00 (hh:...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

Re: SAS and SAS/IML TO C
ricardosilva@SERASA.COM.BR wrote: > >Dear Users, > >There's some way to convert SAS and/or SAS/IML codes to C code? > >Thanks, > >Ricardo=20 Sure there is. Umm, unless you didn't want to spend a bunch of person-months writing the code by hand, and then a bunch of person-years validating and debugging all that code. If all you want is something simple, like a sort, or a sum of constants times your varables, then you can do that in any decent language. If you want any kind of generality, you are stuck. Let's say you want some subset of PROC MIXED in C. W...

Web resources about - Re: Unusual SAS processing Problem - comp.soft-sys.sas

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the hardware within a computer system which carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetical, logical, ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

THE PAYMENTS ECOSYSTEM: Everything you need to know about the next era of payment processing
The way we pay has changed dramatically. People are using their smartphones for every kind of formal and informal transaction — to shop at stores, ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

USDA Investigating Possible Plastic Sabotage At Poultry Processing Plant
While it’s not uncommon to hear about chicken products that end up containing wayward bits of plastic (like this nugget issue , this sausage ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

This just in: Marco Rubio's substance is thinner than an Intel processing chip
In case you hadn't already guessed it, Marco Rubio's got a smile and a stump speech, but that's about it. Reporters who have followed him from ...

Food Processing: It's What Makes Us Human
Turning raw ingredients into something more has played an important role in our evolution.

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...

Keeping Up With the Millennials in Spousal Immigration Processing
“Selfie stick. Snap. Upload to Facebook. 52 likes in a matter of minutes. These likes include people from all over the world who simply have ...