Re: WARNING or ERROR

I have not tested all your cases, but I guess the general rule SAS is
following is - if the particular condition will result in the code not
being able to run successfully, then it is an ERROR else it is a
WARNING. I know I am being vague here, but guess SAS behaves in a
similar manner. For example, a KEEP in the SET statement implies that
it must be included in the PDV and SAS has no way to know its type and
length, whereas in the DATA statement, it can simply ignore it in the
output with a warning.

Regards,
Anindya

--
Anindya Mozumdar
http://www.anindyamozumdar.com

Re: Segmentation error: was: SAS Error Message
Short answer: this probably is not a problem with SAS. Segmentation errors usually arise when there is a bug in the program. Have you run the shell script from an interactive session to verify it works? Are you either writing the shell script, or writing a parameter file for the shell script from within your SAS session? If so, look again at the syntax of the created script or inclusion file. Usually, these errors occur where array references are out of bounds or use pointers that are corrupt or uninitialised. Modifying your shell script with a series of PrintF() statements will help y...

Re: HELP! SAS Error re: Linesize #2
Chris, Take the lesson from this sample which go over 256 positions data list; v1 =repeat('A', 260); v2 =repeat('Z', 260); run; options linesize =120; proc report data=list nowd spacing=5 ; column v1 v2; define v1 / width =30 flow "v1-----"; define v2 / width =30 flow "v2-----"; run; %let pwd=%sysfunc(pathname(WORK)); ods listing close; ods html file="&pwd\linesize.htm"; proc report data=list nowd spacing=5 ; column v1 v2; define v1 / flow "v1-----"; define v2 / flow "v2-----"; run; ods html close...

Re: error with saspora + Re: SAS mentally disturbed
Hi Bruno, Those symptoms look the same as I reported under the subject "SAS mentally disturbed". I got an email from SAS support telling me that it probably was due to an HP printer driver that you have set as default. I could solve my problem by changing the default printer. " You might be encountering the problem described in the following SAS Note: Problem Note 20002: SAS/ACCESS import and export errors are reported when the HP Mobile Printing PS printer/driver is the default printer http://support.sas.com/kb/20/002.html If changing your default printer as described in the SAS Note prevents the errors, this is a good indication the problem is due to the HP printer drivers. HP has also come out with new printer drivers that should resolve the problem. Here is the link to HP's new drivers: There are three of them: one for PCL 5 one for PCL 6 and one for PostScript. http://www.hp.com/go/universalprintdriver_software " Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer and I present macro Count with SPSS-like syntax at PhUSE 2008. On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 02:35:19 -0700, Aamodt <vicente.bruno@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi, when I try to run this .bat > >DATA_ACTUAL=`date '+%Y%m%d'` >/usr/local/sas9/SAS_9.1/sas -autoexec '/home/sasadm3/sasadm/ >WebReportsPPHist/Source/autoexec_sasapli.sas9' -config '/home/sasadm3/ >sasadm/WebReportsPPHist/So...

SAS Macros to Search and Report Errors and Warnings from your SAS Logs
Any suggestions or enhancements to this macro....Please let me know.... http://sastechies.blogspot.com/2010/10/sas-macros-to-search-and-report-errors.html ...

Re: why is this warning(error) ??????????
SAS_Learner , You can do what you want, Yes you can use a label statement as well as a format statement. Teo things you need to do, lose the parens and the format. Ther label and format statements are giving you the error, teh particular construct of these you have choosen to use are not aplicable within sql. But SQl has its own constructs to achieve the same thing. Try the following: proc sql ; create table test as <---- Need a 'as' here Select Customer Format = $char4. Label ='Customer number ' , Item Format = $char10. Label = 'Item purchased ' , units Format = 8. Label = '# Units purchased ' , unitcost Format = Dollar12.2 Label = 'Unit cost' From < you didnt have anything here but you need to refernece a data set> ; quit ; Toby Dunn From: SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: why is this warning(error) ?????????? Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:46:02 -0400 Guys I am using SAS 8.2 version on windows xp platform , I am trying to do something like this and I getting this warning in the Log can some body explain me why and how to solve it proc sql ; 36 create table test 37 (customer char(4) , 38 item char(10) , 39 units num, 40 unitcost num(8,2)); NOTE: Table WORK.TEST created, with 0 rows and 4 columns. 41 label customer = ...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS
Adel, Think Joke! But, more seriously, it did prompt me to look up the origins of the copula as a functional. Joe On 9/27/06, adel F. <adel_tangi@yahoo.fr> wrote: > > Hi, > I do not know how this is related to my orginal question. > > My understanding of copula is, it is a joint distribution with uniform > margins, the problem how to obtain a copula which fits better a data? > > If there is any suggestion from members of SAS list, about examples for > copulae with SAS, I will appreciate that > > Thanks a lot > > Adel > Joe Whitehurst <joew...

Re: Error in SAS
Dear SAS-L-ers, Atul posted the following: > > HI all , i am getting a meassage in SAS enterprise guide while running > the code as > > > ERROR: user doesnt have appropriate authorization level for file xxxx > > could anyone help removing the error > Atul, sure thing; I will see what I can do as soon as I am done processing the emails that came in overnight and this morning! Hey, if I am overly long, why don't you see if one of your systems administrators or data security personnel can help you obtain the appropriate authorization level for that file? Atul, ...

Re: Numeric precision was >> Re: Oracle to SAS
It makes the numbers easier to use, because you don't have to divide the result by 100. Once the numbers are converted to pennies, they stay that way. -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA >>> "Steve Raimi" <steven.raimi@GM.COM> 09/24/2004 10:59 AM >>> I don't understand how creating new formats would help me get around this. Can you explain (or give an example)? Thanks! Steve On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:40:53 -0600, Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.CO...

Re: Numeric precision was >> Re: Oracle to SAS
Steve, Have you confirmed that SAS's total is wrong, and Oracle's is right? You might want to make sure SAS is wrong before spending too much effort fixing it. The way I read the SAS documentation for Windows, version 8 (Windows OS specific info; LENGTH statement; link to "Length and Precision of Variables under Windows"; link to "Numeric Variables") the default 8 byte data representation can represent exactly 16 digit integers a bit over 9e15. If you multiply by 100 to work in pennies instead of dollars, you should be able to treat them as integers, and convert...

Re: Numeric precision was >> Re: Oracle to SAS
I don't understand how creating new formats would help me get around this. Can you explain (or give an example)? Thanks! Steve On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:40:53 -0600, Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote: >I don't know of any way around the problem. That's why there are >requests for an integer, fixed-point, or currency numeric type in SAS in >addition to the floating point numbers now available. > >If you're only adding and subtracting, calculating in pennies isn't too >difficult - you just have to create new formats to display decimal...

RE: Re[2]: Compiler error with setup.h (was RE: Setup.h Error. I' m a newbie)
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:04:22 +0100 Fabian Cenedese > <Cenedese@indel.ch> wrote: > > FC> >I was thinking something like: > FC> >#ifndef (SETUP.H) //or whatever the header guard for setup.h is > FC> > #error "Please make sure you have copied setup.h as > described > FC> >in install.txt blah blah blah #endif > FC> > FC> I was thinking the same but you can only test this after > the include > FC> and if the include fails you don't even get here. > > Exactly. > VZ What i...

Re: SAS Error #3
Whenever you see an unusual error message, try support.sas.com. Basically, you just need to type the message in the "Search Customer Support" window. You will then find many links related to that message. In your particular case, these are what you'll get: http://search02.sas.com/query.html? qt=Utility+file+open+failed&style=sup&nh=40&qp=&qc=suppsas&ws=1&qm=1&st=1&lk =1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0 On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:41:24 -0400, Saravanan Ramasamy <rm.saravanan@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hello, >When I run a SAS program I get an error &qu...

Re: sas error #6
Abdallah By chance, are you using a French computer? The following SAS usage note may apply to your problem. When you double-click on a .sas file when running the NLS version of SAS on a French operating system, the following error message might appear: An Automation Error Occurred (0) The circumvention to the problem is to open the SAS file in SAS. This is posted at http://support.sas.com/kb/9/856.html If this does not apply, there are other usage notes that refer to this message. To see them, go to http://support.sas.com/ and past the message into the search window. Good luck ...

how to add fonts to the sas registry (was RE: Re: sas/graph:
Success! A google search led me to: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/base/91/freetype-hub.pdf Which includes the magic option on FONTREG to use the "all" mode. (And now that I look back on the FONTREG docs, I see it there was well :-P). So here's code that works: * =================================== ; proc fontreg mode = all msglevel = verbose ; truetype 'c:\windows\fonts' ; run ; data phoney ; do n = 1 to 2000 ; x = ranuni(-1) ; if n le 1000 then grp = "one" ; else grp = "two" ; output ; end ; run ; gopti...

Re: SAS Connect error
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:56:23 -0400, Kamy <kamyar.moud@CIBC.CA> wrote: >HI Everyone > >I am trying to connect to SAS server through client machine, I am using >SAS/Connect and I am getting this error , anyone knows what should I do to >fix this error? > >Here is the SAS code and the log : > >%let sasserver=x.x.x.x; >options comamid=tcp; >filename rlink 'C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\connect\saslink\tcpwin.scr'; >signon sasserver; > > > >ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has >occurred. >ERROR: c...

Re: WARNING or ERROR #2
There are rules controlled by these options. I think errors in WHERE always cause error. Controls the level of error detection for input data sets during processing of DROP=, KEEP=, and RENAME= data set options DKRICOND=ERROR | WARN | WARNING | NOWARN | NOWARNING Controls the level of error detection for output data sets during the processing of DROP=, KEEP=, and RENAME= data set options and the corresponding DATA step statements DKROCOND=ERROR | WARN | WARNING | NOWARN | NOWARNING On 12/5/08, Jim Groeneveld <jim.1stat@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > > I often use dataset options like KEEP, DROP, RENAME and WHERE. > Sometimes I make a mistake and specify a non-existent variable. > Sometimes I get a warning, sometimes I get an error: > WARNING: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never > been referenced. > ERROR: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never > been referenced. > > The warnings occur with the dataset options in the DATA statement. > The errors occur with the dataset options in the SET statement. > Non-existent variables in the MODIFY statement yields a warning, > while they yield an error in MERGE and UPDATE statements. > However the error with the RENAME option is quite different already, > so the above error text does never apply to the RENAME option! > > Furthermore specifying non-existent variable name in a WHERE clause > yields an error, both in t...

Re: why is this warning(error) ?????????? #2
RTM ?? 17 proc sql ; 18 create table test 19 (customer char(4) Label= 'Customer number ', 20 item char(10) Label='Item purchased ', 21 units num Label='# Units purchased ', 22 unitcost num(8,2) Label='Unit cost' format=dollar12.2 23 ) 24 ; NOTE: Table WORK.TEST created, with 0 rows and 4 columns. 25 quit; NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time): real time 0.34 seconds cpu time 0.04 seconds SAS_learner wrote: > Guys I am using ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727
Nice thread guys .... I guess this is what open source development is all about .... Got me thinking about suggesting a code/macro library on sascommunity.org? Any thoughts? ...

Re: SAS Job websites WAS(Re: SAS jobs for freshers in US
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:27:44 -0500, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@ONSTAR.COM> wrote: >Another very helpful (and focused) web site for SAS jobs is >icrunchdata.com. I'll try to ....post from home later, where I have a set of links (I don't have them at my new job here, which, FYI, I found via Monster). I'll also try to avoid fumble-fingering that accidently posts my messages before I'm done writing them! Steve ...

RE: [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Serialize wxList - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Hi Jorgen your approach is modelled along the MFC serialization idea, the approach = I mentioned is based on the XTI metadata provided for an object. So the = streaming itself is not coded anymore, but the metadata for a new class = is. The streaming process now iterates over the attributes, processes = callbacks that avoid streaming out undesired attributes (eg x and y in a = sizer dialog), suppresses default values etc. This also means that the = streaming in survives missing attributes, as long as they are either not = mandatory params for ::Create or have a default value. B...

Re: RE : Re: copulas and SAS #3 674067
joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM replied: > >Adel, > >You may find the following artilce interesting. [article by Thomas Mikosch not copied] This is a really good article, and a really useful point to make. But 55K is a lot of article to copy. Would it have been easier to point to a URL? The people who read SAS-L as a digest and the people who have slow connections are probably not overly thrilled. I'll refrain from pointing out that you sound like me today. ("Are you sure you want to do this? Here's some material which suggests you should try a different approach..."...

Re: RE: RE: [9fans] boot error walking
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----999570d7d1e9ef Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Well if kfs is dead, long live fossil! I'll reinstall with the fossil filesystem. The bootfile in plan9.ini will now be: bootfile:sdC0!fs!9pcauth according to the wiki. But also according to the wiki the menu bootfile in plan9.ini is: bootfile:sdC0!9fat!9pcauth Is this right? And thanks, Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org> Date: Friday, February 13, 2004 9:11 am S...

Re: why is this warning(error) ?????????? #10 1554907
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:46:02 -0400, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Guys I am using SAS 8.2 version on windows xp platform , I am trying to do >something like this and I getting this warning in the Log can some body >explain me why and how to solve it > > proc sql ; >36 create table test >37 (customer char(4) , >38 item char(10) , >39 units num, >40 unitcost num(8,2)); >NOTE: Table WORK.TEST created, with 0 rows and 4 columns. >41 label customer = 'Customer number ' >WARNING: This SAS global state...

Re: PARSING SAS LOG for errors
Those kinds of messages are uninteresting messages - they don't represent actual errors (or at least, not usually). I would suggest that you tailor these statements for your specific needs - typically there are particular errors that are likely to occur in the programs you are running, and things that are likely to show in the log but are not really errors. (For example, for some people, a warning that the BY groups in a merge have different lengths is not a problem; but occasionally it could be.) -Joe On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 3:22 AM, SS <shamindra.shrotriya@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I was looking for a SAS macro that would parse a specified SAS LOG for > the various possible types of error statements that can be produced in > the LOG e.g. "variable unitialized", "ERROR:", "WARNING:" etc. > > I found the following code by Roland Rashleigh-Berry. > > http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/scanlog.sas > > I understand that the first part is scanning for possible error > statements i.e. > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > if ( > index(_infile_,"ERROR")=1 > or index(_infile_,"WARNING")=1 > or index(_infile_,"MERGE statement has more ") > or index(_infile_,"W.D format") > or index(_infile_," truncated ") > ...

Web resources about - Re: WARNING or ERROR - comp.soft-sys.sas

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Police ignored warnings about planned violent rampage
Victoria Police ignored credible warnings that a violent rampage was planned for Melbourne's CBD on Saturday night, despite holding recent discussions ...

Severe thunderstorm warning issued for east of Canberra
... storm is expected to pass to the north and east of the ACT on Monday afternoon. The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe storm warning, ...

Nishiazabu sounds ominous warning for Easter
TALENTED South Australian jumper Nishiazabu stamped himself as a serious contender for the upcoming Oakbank Easter Carnival after an impressive ...

I'm A Celebrity ignored warnings from animal welfare groups when using lion cubs
Ten producers were warned the cubs they were using were being commercially trafficked, but network says it did nothing wrong.

Police ignored 'st' Triple-0 warning just hours before CBD rampage they now say was 'surprise'
Credible warning that violent rampage in Melbourne's CBD was brewing was brushed off by senior Victoria Police officers just hours before Saturday ...

Police ignored 'st' Triple-0 warning just hours before CBD rampage they now say was 'surprise'
Credible warning that violent rampage in Melbourne's CBD was brewing was brushed off by senior Victoria Police officers just hours before Saturday ...

Samsung talks up Galaxy S7 preorders while warning that phone biz is in trouble
There were mixed messages out of South Korea on Friday as Samsung , the world's top smartphone vendor by shipment volume, officially launched ...

Woman shares graphic images to spread skin cancer warning
Woman shares graphic images to spread skin cancer warning